Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Retri Paladins, why do you prefer your character over Warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by rafaelwild
    Lol,...

that\'s what thousands say,

because thay don\'t know how to truly play a pally

Learn to use your defensive abilites as well as your offensive ones to make a sucesfull ret paladin and not just another button smasher, as any class can be..
    BTW, those skills have CDs too, so you watch them too, just like he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    BTW, those skills have CDs too, so you watch them too, just like he said.
    Oh yeah... I forgot, the other classes dont have any instant attacks or cooldowns right ?

So much jealousy...

All i can say to this is i started lvling a warrior with both +10% hierlooms (But no weapon) and got sick of him after 37 lvls - very slow, died alot, massive downtime (needed to eat or bandage after every mob) and not much fun

Started a pala - and after 1 month i am now lvl 76. Loving it - good fun, very fast with absolutely no downtime

In terms of endgame, ive already got dps, healer and tank raiding toons at decent levels so not gonna add this one.

ps - the main reason i chose a pala is that i wanted to solo the old world and outland heroics. Stuggled and didnt enjoy it on my DK so hoping its easier and more fun on my pala

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

I've tried playing warrior. And though i was doing fairly well IMHO (i wasn't dieing...a lot :P), i just couldn't....get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for The Ashbringer but all I got was this lame axe]
    Ret Pride

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by silvytreehug
    im not a paladin, but i can answer this question easily.

paladins have a severely unfair advantage in pvp.
    l2ms, bladestorm, burst bubble and finaly resilience (since im sure you dont have any)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    First and foremost. Stop calling it Retri.

Ret

Retribution
    ^
    and Lore
    Who dont want to be a crusader-knight of the holy light?
    i sure didnt roll a ret paladin because it was Fotm, underpowered knight of tbc ftw...
    for the one telling me to heal, my priest is there for that (lf 20euro for faction change)
    and i hate tanking

Had a warrior.. got her in Black temple got the shoulder (everyone had it) from mother and decided it was crappy.. lolwar

From my standpoint as a holy/prot pally who recently (past month or so) obtained a full ret set 200+, and having a warrior buddy IRL who i can play whenever, i have to say i actually enjoy the warrior more. Maybe its because i spend so much time on my pally healing, that the diff class is a nice change, but i find, when i want to be a dps'er, i wanna wreck face with straight dmmg, not have to worry about poping the right defense cd's , plus whats more badass than being able to hold two ballin big weapons

I think that answer might change if i actually had to lvl the warrior to 80 tho
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Board3r24/Sig.jpg
    (Sig too large)

10+ Year Old Account

I have both a arms/fury warrior and a retribution paladin.

I like the paladin better for flow of rotations. I'm also a lore geek and enjoy being the Light's Vengeance. Especially against the scourge.

• Unless I'm in uber gear as a warrior, I have problems timing my abilities. Warriors ramp up better with gear than Pallies, in my opinion at least.

• Pallies have a pretty consistent flow at all times. As long as you actually know what you're doing and focus on your job as dps.

• I personally like the pally debuffs from talents better, and judgments and DI allow me to be a much better utility for my groups and raids. Give me SoV for extended DPS over Mortal Strike anyday.

• My warriors shout has to keep being refreshed, I'm not a heavy mod user and sometimes the buffs will wear out for a minute or two without me realizing it. That's bad. Especially if we're in a heavy melee group. Might has a longer timer.

There's my reasons. I like my warrior and still play him, but I like being more useful to my groups and raids as a ret pally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Lol,...

BLABLABLABLABLABLABLA

So dont come here with ret are facerollers, bla bla bla...
    if you think so, i dare you to lvl up a pally and do better, since it's so easy
    I got a lvl 80 Retardin.
    I can go pretty far in PvP by only using 4 buttons. Not like I couldn't do that with other classes, but I can just watch the cooldowns and press whatever comes up when playing my Retardin.

ITT:
    Retri
    Hi

I have both chars at lvl 80, played all of their specs.

I choose the paladin over the warrior, personally, because I have more fun playing with the paladin, mixing ofensive and defensive abilties than only smashing buttons as an arms warr, and I really don't like the idea of using two 2handers. I used to raid at Bc as fury, with dual dragonstrike at first then raided to Sunwell with dual Warglaives.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmhammer
    The cool thing about Ret Paladins is that we are not a traditional melee class.

Think of it this way: Warriors are melee damage dealers with a melee toolkit and Paladins are a melee damage dealer with a healer toolkit.

This is a very unique spec design in WoW; other hybrids that can heal do not have a healer's toolkit outside of the actual healing done. A Shaman for example, has a spellcaster's toolkit and a druid can choose a melee or spellcaster toolkit.

These classes must actually spec into a healing tree to get healing oriented tools, unlike the Paladin.

This issue is at the center of Blizzard's design choices at the moment, unfortunately, and it seems they want to move Paladins toward a more melee oriented character.

Ultimately I think they won't do it for the reasons outlined in this post. They will probably figure out a way to give Ret its own unique pseudo-melee tools, like Judgment of Justice for example.

That is a GOOD thing for Paladins! Don't buy into this 'Paladins as a melee class' school of thought. Paladins are a healer that deals melee damage.
    You must not have ever played a shamman if you think they dont have a "healing kit" while doing damage.
    Or maybe i didnt understand what you were saying.. But shamans can heal while doing damage .. and it sounds like your saying they cant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    i absolutely HATE the idea of not being able to cleanse myself of debuffs.
    this was the big one for me. I played a warrior from 3 months after release to naxx, always well geared, but no matter what you do when someone roots you ... You just sit there. Forever. Staring at the screen.

Might be a little better now, not sure.

Learn to use your defensive abilites as well as your offensive ones to make a sucesfull ret paladin and not just another button smasher, as any class can be...

Use your HoP at the right time and save someone from dying,
    Using your instant FoL to help healing when the healers are overloaded,
    Using your hand of sacrifice and divine shield on your main tank to avoid have him 1-shot,
    Help dispelling stuff,
    Learn to Lay on hands your main tank at the right moment, and not waste your long cd.
    Learn to use your Divine Sacrifice at the right moment, instead of a wasted cooldown ability used.
    Learn to pay attention and change your auras depending on the situation.

That is just some examples that could make you into a great paladin to your raid group.
    And all of those are on Global Cooldown...

So dont come here with ret are facerollers, bla bla bla...
    if you think so, i dare you to lvl up a pally and do better, since it's so easy
    while i agree with you that more rets should l2 use raid saving cd's the problem is with our rotation. it is very easy to dps as ret and that has led to it becoming the fotm class for melee. and until they give us a viable rotation we will sadly remain under the faceroller classification. and to be honest that is why i chose to play my ret as my main instead of my warrior. it's just easier. even while using macro's for cds and mouseovers for instant LoH. the fact remains that
    our rotation is very easy
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    >>>Complete tools who think that cows have horns. Cows don't have horns and are, therefore, not akin to the Tauren race. If anything, Tauren are bulls, except the fact you can choose a female Tauren. So that kind of just makes a Tauren a Tauren. -.-
    ...lol

I like the huge damage, trinket wings, and being able to support my healer in arenas, bop macro, clensing macro, healing macro, and being able to sacred shield them. I like how fast we can go from defensive to offensive, if a war changes stances he looses rage, if i bubble all i have to do is hit my exo macro, bubble comes off and i roll face on something hard.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/5/9/7/9/5/2159795xgchE.png

15+ Year Old Account

Nothing beats Magic + Melee.

Oh, and I love the lore of the Paladins. With the warrior these is.... what, Wyrnn and Saurfang only?

The lore.
    knowing your a warrior of light(paladin duh) with great and amazing lore
    and in tier 9 with justice bringer. it feels soo right.

and plus it is funner.

10+ Year Old Account

Simple: Blood Elves can't be warriors yet.

10+ Year Old Account

Lies, everyone goes Paladin to bubble and HS, only reason to play paladin, only when you do it infront of a Priest/warrior, thats = fail

My Armory
    TBH, I really like cookies.

although I'm not mainly ret, i do have a pretty good ret OS...
    anyways, i chose a paladin over a war because in all honesty as a war you are a pretty bland melee dps, you stand there and swing i giant weapon and it gets pretty boring, i leveled a war up to lv 50 then got bored.
    also the fact that if i want i can also become a healer, i have many options available so if i ever become bored of one aspect of the game i can switch to another (keep in mind i chose before dual specs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    In short, go back to heroics, farm some t10, get hit capped, learn to gem, get real professions, read the sticky, then delete your toon, mail me your gold, and pick up Aion.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Because all warriors are tools.

And wtf warriors do more damage? I haven't been OD by a warrior since ToC

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Warriors as a concept are as dull as watching a moose sleep. They're good at hitting things with other things, but thats about it. Nothing about them makes them anything special compared to other classes. Paladins are good at hitting things too, but also have the power of the Holy Light to command and strike foes down with at their will.

I have a Warrior alt, level 43/44 and although I won't deny they are fun, the stances are ghey and don't have enough utility to keep me interested in them. I don't like the idea of keeping up many little hits like rend, hamstring, and waiting for procs on shit like revenge to dish out 'heavy' damage, which is why I like Paladins; although they dont have as many offensive abilities, they hit hard and they hit fast.