Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Retri Paladins, why do you prefer your character over Warriors?

My warrior isn't high enough to do raids so I can't really compare it to my ret paladin. Just comparing to soloing, I guess I don't much care that I have to build rage to use my abilities vs starting off with a mana pool. With a ret paladin, I can go on pretty much infinitely, whereas with a warrior, I HAVE to keep attacking something to ensure I have enough rage to use my abilities.

I guess it's just a matter of convenience. With a paladin I can keep attacking things and self heal. As my warrior, I have to keep attacking things to keep rage to use abilities, and if I have to stop to bandage or something my rage is down the chute and I have to start all over again.

@ shoju: I laughed from start to finish. While your post may have been sarcastic and satirical, it is an absolute truth. Very nicely stated.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

I actually prefer my warrior for a few reasons:

1. Honestly speaking aesthetically I'm tired of being a blood elf, I don't like the hugeness and clunkiness of tauren(when they're available to be paladins) and I play horde, so I really don't have any options to make my paladin more aesthetically pleasing unless I faction switch or something.

2. I prefer the mobility and PvP utility of my warrior better, the fact that little tricks I pull (like actually using a shield and defensive stance etc in PvP) not only seperates me from dumb "ME SMAAAAASH" warriors but often surprises the people I'm fighting so they don't have time to readjust. I mean switching to D stance popping on sword n board and shield block + revenge spamming a rogue is pretty sweet (especially when on resil targets my revenges can crit for 6k+)

3. The paladin hate. My paladin was my main for the back half of BC when my guild at the time lost it's main prot paladin and asked me to step up and take the role, so I dropped my warrior for my paladin and continued on til I rolled my DK. I've been playing since release and just the amount of sheer seething hatred people place on paladin's (even when they weren't ridiculously OP or faceroll or whatever) is too annoying to deal with.

4. Warriors with a healer are nearly unstoppable, I remember when I was a glad in s1 and s2 and going into AV and instantly being focused by 3-4 healers and rushing entire groups of 10+ alliance and coming out the other side with nothing but a pile of dead alliance bodies in my wake. That's the kinda thing I live for, and while my warrior comparitively speaking isn't as well geared as he was then if a healer or two pays attention to me I'm a force to be reckoned with in a group of alliance.

At the end of the day I still do enjoy my paladin but with both my DK and my warrior being in full furi/deadly and ToC10/25/25H gear and my paladin still being in blues, well yea I don't have the time to invest gearing it out. I imagine I might change my mind about the paladin if I got it a shitload of gear but I don't know if I really want to invest the time in it.
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    i absolutely HATE the idea of not being able to cleanse myself of debuffs. dunno why. i also hate not being able to heal. and last but not least: bubble. there is something comforting about the fact that whatever goes wrong, you'll be able to survive it.
    The closest thing I ever came to having a warrior was when I lvled a rogue to 60 and played him in PvP (back in vanilla). Since beta I've played paladin as my main and like the above poster says, the idea of not being able to cleanse or heal is just really really annoying
    I loved lvling my paladin in vanilla and I loved challenging the boundaries of how the class was 'meant to be played' in both vanilla and TBC. Since then, a lot of water has run under the bridge, paladin is still my main but instead of a rogue alt I now have a shaman alt because it was actually the first class I ever tried (back in US closed beta).
    I like playing WITH warriors, but I don't see myself playing anything other than paladin as my main. Nerfs or no nerfs, it will be the last character I log on before I close my account for good, whenever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    @ shoju: I laughed from start to finish. While your post may have been sarcastic and satirical, it is an absolute truth. Very nicely stated.
    Why thank you very much

No you
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenshu
    My warrior isn't high enough to do raids so I can't really compare it to my ret paladin.
    I LOL'ed.

Retribution Paladin; 'tis, as I have always been more interested in the nature of the lore, and I preferred DPS'ing. Every bit of it' just the right kind of ol' Ionic 'fore me, and the lore encompassing Dwarves (all Dwarven lore, really) drew me right in; Dwarf Paladin, 'ell yes. That, and we're always the butt of every patch-nerf-punchline. That in-and-of itself is epic, and representative of what Paladins are. We take the bat in stride.
    A voice replied...

"Not by the hair on my Wrynny chin chin."

And then Varian Chintercepted Garrosh's cast, then sliced the orcs head off. 24 hours later he was found riding Deathwing over Orgrimmar, burning the city to the ground, laughing maniacally.

Arm or Fury Warrior / Ret Paladin

How to close in on opponent
    Charge and Interrupt / NONE

How to slow them down
    Hamstring / NONE

How to make the opponent immobile
    NONE / NONE

How to recover health
    What's its name, well 30% in 10 or something sec with 2 min cool / AoW proc (NO CD)

How to remove debuff
    NONE / Cleanse

How to recover from fear
    Berserk Rage / NONE

How to recover from stun
    NONE / NONE (With talent HoF can remove stun from other people.)

How to stun (or make the opponent unable to use skills)
    Charge and Intercept (2 sec) / HoJ, Repentance (Repentance removed when the opponent takes dmg)

and so on.

I do have both class at 80 and I do pvp with both of them but when I play arm/fury warrior it's so easy to close in on people and debuff them with hamstring, arm pen skill, heal reduction and so on, but there's no way to save yourself from focus fire and movement impair. Also you can't do crap with little rage. plus you have to stance dance a lot.

As a ret paladin I can't close in on people fast, but I have advantage of being able to walk faster and remove any movement impair, and I can make them immobile or stun them even if they're just out of weapon range. it's not as good as charge or intercept but can give me enough time to close in and deal damage without worrying about low resources such as rage. and lastly I can finish people off easily with HoW even at long range.

Ret paladin is easy to use. and it's effective. you don't need to switch gears or stances like warriors, and you can just spam skills without worrying about low mana, while warriors always have to keep an eye on rage. also warriors have to stance dance too much (just as blizzard intends warrior pvpers to do) and you lose too much rage doing that. and for survival ret just wins thanks to bubble and heal.

Quote Originally Posted by axi0m
    I actually prefer my warrior for a few reasons:

3. The paladin hate. My paladin was my main for the back half of BC when my guild at the time lost it's main prot paladin and asked me to step up and take the role, so I dropped my warrior for my paladin and continued on til I rolled my DK. I've been playing since release and just the amount of sheer seething hatred people place on paladin's (even when they weren't ridiculously OP or faceroll or whatever) is too annoying to deal with.
    Wait... you rolled a Deathknight to deter the community's unpitious, anti-Pal' animus? Yes, it is ridiculous, but... that's an interesting trade-off.
    A voice replied...

"Not by the hair on my Wrynny chin chin."

And then Varian Chintercepted Garrosh's cast, then sliced the orcs head off. 24 hours later he was found riding Deathwing over Orgrimmar, burning the city to the ground, laughing maniacally.

15+ Year Old Account

Warriors can immobilized with Improved Spamsting.
    They also gain 10% max health over 10 seconds when stunned/immobile.
    Finally, they can also remove Immobile effects once every 45 seconds if Fury.

It is a paladin
    It isn't a warrior

That should do it.

More in depth:

Warriors, are guys wielding weapons, nothing special there
    Paladins, got the holy light (magic), also wield weapons, have more options, cooler abilities, more versatility, better lore etc etc. Lorewise a paladin is a warrior+holy magic....so why not take the added holy magic while your at it. Game-wise, I like, the lore, the seal system, the spell effects, the option to heal/cleanse myself and bubble!!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande