Avoidence Vs Stamina: Prot Paladin's

Hi there fellow WoW players :
    Lately ive started tanking on my paladin, but im kinda going down a stream of endless spamming from other tanks telling me to stack stamina.
    I really dont know what i've done wrong, since all i tried to do was stacking stam in gems and later on trying to even out stamina/avoidence.
    Have i done it wrong?
    I mean my spec is "Effy" some might say, but i mainly specced for some increased threat etc. ("Lock Issues")
    but with my current gear i would like to get your opinion on what to do, dont hold back give me your best advice possible.

So here is a link to my character: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...27tar&n=Dimlij

Seriously i hope you guys dont mind sharing some tips, or some good advice about the "Avoidence/stamina" issue im having.

Yours Dimlij :-*

Edit from Iktankniet: its not needed to make it all bold. ppl can read it fine as it is.

Re: Avoidence Vs Stamina: Prot Paladin's

I'm not going far into specs, since it can change a lot depending on the person, but I will say 5/5 Reckoning is a waste o talents.

Stamina isn't exactly everything, only gemming stam like you have will not help, you are also ignoring sockets.

IIRC it goes

Blue: Stamina
    Red: Stamina +Agi
    Green (yellow slot, green gem): Defense + stamina

Also, it's better to get some Def enchants (Or if you have any yellow slots, gem Def+Stam (If I was right on the gems)), and make your meta the +Stam And +2% armor one at your gear level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Elitistjerks.com is -----------> that way. Check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by select20
    Him: "I don't have a complete healing set yet, but I am healing capped and MP5 capped, so I'm good."
    Me: "What do you mean healing/mp5 capped?"
    Him: "I maxed my healing/MP5 so now I can successfully heal any heroic or any raid up to 10man lvl. Thats why I got some tanking gear on to help me survive longer in case I pull aggro from the tank."
    Awesome SIGZ MAYNE

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...roth&n=Sylenus Is my paladin, feel free to copy his spec if needed, didn't look at yours :P

I stack stam+avoidance, and when I'm buffed I'm 1k health below my prot warrior tanking friend who stacks stam and have like 9 or 10% more avoidance then he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scythax
    As an Australian I once had this happen to me, no joke. Had to say in raid chat to my guild 'Shit brb a kangaroo just jumped through my window' which it did. Glass, blood and a terrified Kangaroo were all over my bed in the other room, I had to wrestle the thing out my front door :-\

Quote Originally Posted by mograineprotpally
    Elitistjerks.com is -----------> that way. Check it out.
    Be better off going to maintankadin.failsafedesign.com

Premier paladin tanking website.

Edit: Couple suggestions I have offhand.

- If you can, I'd recommend switching to the Greater Inscription of the Pinnacle shoulder enchant (20 dodge, 15 defense) since while it isn't the 30 stam you've got currently, you are wasting half the enchant's budget on the 15 resilience, which is doing all kinds of not much for you.

- Switching to a 20 defense enchant on your shield will give you a bit more breathing room for defense, since I notice you just barely above the cap (that being 689 defense rating, you're at 692)

- I won't say DON'T use an enchant like Mongoose, but make sure you're making an informed decision on which enchant to use. The 3 primary enchants that are up 100% of the time are Exceptional Agility (26 Agi), Accuracy (25 hit and 25 crit), and Potency (20 strength). Of these, Potency is by far the last powerful, and is generally not recommended anymore. I personally prefer enchants that are up all the time, but if you wish to use a proc effect, another option is Blood Draining. Since the change to Ardent Defender, it's a fairly decent enchant.

- If you're not going to use 30 stam gems in sockets on an item, make sure you're getting the socket bonus at least. Your pants contain a red and a yellow, with a 12 stam socket bonus. Good bonus, but not a very good set of colors. It appears that the red is just arbitrarily thrown in there for a bit more avoidance. You could instead move that red gem to your chest and get both the avoidance and 9 stam in return. Make sure you try to use reds where you'll get some stam back.

- In addition, I'd recommend not using Parry gems. Not only does the diminishing returns on parry increase significantly faster than dodge, but you're already at a decent level of parry. I'd instead recommend you go with Agi/Stam gems if you want to use a red socket, since you get something like 90% of the dodge you'd get on a Dodge/Stam gem, but also some armor and crit to go along with it.

The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

If you plan on doing ToGC get a high stamina set. If you just plan on doing 10 ToC / 25 ToC it won't matter as those are 10 naxx easy.

15+ Year Old Account

Please do not post in all Bold letters, as that is against the Forum Rules. I'll let it slide and not pass it onto a monitor, but please edit it.

Mikey, don't be a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by schreech7202
    Words that were a bit mixed up
    Don't worry much about HP, you have a good amount, and Raid buffs/flask and such help. As you get better gear you get more HP and such, you are fine where you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyforge
    Thank you so much officer! I promise i will never do it again!
    I enjoy coming to these forums, and it wouldn't be right for a post to be banned for posting in all bold letters and not for trolling.

It is as much mine job as it is the moderator's to keep this place as clean and civil as possible.

Edited my above post with some offhand recommendations for your gear, do whatever you want with that information
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylenus
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...roth&n=Sylenus Is my paladin, feel free to copy his spec if needed, didn't look at yours :P

I stack stam+avoidance, and when I'm buffed I'm 1k health below my prot warrior tanking friend who stacks stam and have like 9 or 10% more avoidance then he does.
    Ignore this guy's spec. It is wrong.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I enjoy coming to these forums, and it wouldn't be right for a post to be banned for posting in all bold letters and not for trolling.

It is as much mine job as it is the moderator's to keep this place as clean and civil as possible.
    power trip much?

Might wanna add "self appointed".

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    power trip much?

Might wanna add "self appointed".
    Taken from the sticky at the top of the page:

"As such, while i'll do my best to track them down, i can't always be on the forums, and as such, it's up to everyone visiting, particularly the regulars to assist as best as they can. These are your forums too, so i imagine you want to keep them clean too."

Taken from the sticky at the top of the page:

"As such, while i'll do my best to track them down, i can't always be on the forums, and as such, it's up to everyone visiting, particularly the regulars to assist as best as they can. These are your forums too, so i imagine you want to keep them clean too."
    It's the part of "I'll let it slide" that people are seeing, as if you had power over his post.

15+ Year Old Account

It's the part of "I'll let it slide" that people are seeing, as if you had power over his post.
    Technically everyone has the power to report people to moderators- I've reported my fair share of trolling and inappropriate content on these forums.

Technically everyone has the power to report people to moderators- I've reported my fair share of trolling and inappropriate content on these forums.
    Yes, I understand that. I understand you trying to 'clean' the forums. But, it's simply that most people don't like being told what to do. If i was the OP, i would be offended, as a simply "Hey, can you please remove the bold text? It's a forum rule thanks" You just seem like a 'robocop' from your message.

Anyway, getting off topic. I won't post on this anymore.

15+ Year Old Account

Yes, I understand that. I understand you trying to 'clean' the forums. But, it's simply that most people don't like being told what to do. If i was the OP, i would be offended, as a simply "Hey, can you please remove the bold text? It's a forum rule thanks" You just seem like a 'robocop' from your message.

Anyway, getting off topic. I won't post on this anymore.
    Well it was partially because some people were almost temp banned from copying me when I colored text- Thus, I am trying to avoid that from happening again. Only the "true" trolls should be banned.

I'll be quite honest, the users have more control over what happens to posts on a forum than any other person.

Mods can't be at all places at once, so users reporting does a lot of good to weed out problem posters and posts.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara