Thread: Trinkets use

Trinkets use

Since i remember im running with trinkets bounded to mine main spell by macro. I mean:
    /use Scales of Fate
    /cast Arcane blast

Mine question is: is this dps loss or it's evens by more use in fights. <sometimes you forgot about your trinket> Or its maybe better to unbound it and only use it on demand with other cooldowns?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Trinkets use

BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Arag
    Since i remember im running with trinkets bounded to mine main spell by macro. I mean:
    /use Scales of Fate
    /cast Arcane blast
    Mine question is: is this dps loss or it's evens by more use in fights. <sometimes you forgot about your trinket> Or its maybe better to unbound it and only use it on demand with other cooldowns?
    I always used that, but a seperate Button is better. That way, in fights where CDs Matter (Heroism, XT-Heart, Icehowl stun etc) you don't always keep them on cd, but use them more wisely.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

/use Scales of Fate
    /cast Arcane blast

I prefer trinkets with procs, you no need to care about them If you are one of us, who normally forget to use them, use your macro. If you can manage to use trinkets during special phases or so ... just Bind it

Mine answer are: Bind to your Missiles instead.

/use Scales of Fate
    /cast Arcane blast

That is by far a huge dps loss, binding a trinket to a normal dps key. Use on demand trinkets should be used in conjunction with cool downs if that puts you below the GCD cap, then try marrying it up with a different cool down to keep you above 1 sec casts.

15+ Year Old Account

I actually heard that the /use macros are better. ie: /use 14

It was something about a wasted GCD or something like that. If I'm wrong, please correct me. On another note, they're right. Stay away from using it on a main spell, and bind it to Arcane Power or something else instead.