15+ Year Old Account

Aledars battlestar Vs Tankard o' terror?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47508 http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48663

1.Don't give me crap about Rawr or Enhsim. (it's ignorant to say I know but honestly I can't figure the things out).

Ever since I bought 2 tankards (because i saw the item level and went YAY!) it seems like my dps went down after switching to them.

Is there any consensus as to which weapon is better? i've been considering going back to the battlestars because of the Gem slot plus I was doing more dps with them even without berserking on each (which my tankards have).

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

Re: Aledars battlestar Vs Tankard o' terror?

From what I've seen, if you're dual-wielding than the Tankard is slightly better than the Battlestar for your main-hand slot and the Battlestar is better for the offhand slot. Personally, insofar as the main-hand slot goes there's not much of a benefit... but it is slightly better. The Tankard in the offhand slot is where you might be losing some DPS... but again, the difference is really pretty negligible.

How much DPS are you losing, on the average?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account

Well i just did a target dummy test.

2 battle stars vs 2 tankards.

Tankards got me 2886 dps (no buffs or totems even)
    battlestars got me a measly 1880 lol.

I suppose I should try mixing them up as well.
    keeping in mind the tankard has berserking while the battlestar does not.

I'm not sure Berserking alone is 1k dps, but it sounds like you might just need to do longer tests with more consistent rotations and cooldown usage. No way those two weapons are 1000 dps difference alone, imo.

Tankard > Aledars.

Not by a crazy amount, but it is.

tankard: higher dps and more attractive stats => better

srsrly, was it that hard to figure which is better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

31 ArP on the battlestar and less DPS.... hmm I wonder which is better.

You might be getting more dps out of Battlestar if you aren't spell hit capped without it, especially if you are geared for 14% and not running with a Spriest/Boomkin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

For me, I have 2 tankards but use a tankard in the main hand and the battlestar in the offhand and that gives me better results then the 2 tankards. The gem slot helps a lot.

Personally I have 2 of each and currently use Tankard in main hand and battlestar in the off hand. I do this for a couple reasons. The Hit and socket on the battlestar help me hit stat targets I want and I didn't feel like spending the money on another berskering enchant for the second tankard. As it is I still haven't even equipped it so I could sell it at some point.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47508 http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48663

1.Don't give me crap about Rawr or Enhsim. (it's ignorant to say I know but honestly I can't figure the things out).
    Hmm ok I'm going to ignore that, and try to convert you. As a developer I am REALLY keen to know what you found difficult to understand. This is a genuine question, if there are users such as yourself that just can't get how Rawr works then the Rawr team are failing to explain it properly or to make it user friendly.

As such I'd be really keen to hear your experiences with Rawr, what you found simple enough and what just confused you. Then perhaps we can tweak things to make it easier.

I've updated the first post in the main Rawr.Enhance thread to explain the basics. I'd be really grateful if you could give that a try and see if it helps.

Please then let me know any feedback even if its still that you cant get it to work, so that I can address the problem for you and the no doubt hundreds of others that have the same problem but have not spoken out.