Poll: Do you think there will be an upgradable version of the WotLK alchemy stones?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Has Blizzard given up on Achemy trinkets?

Has anyone else noticed that we still haven't gotten an upgradable version of our blue trinkets since the launch of WotLK?

I remember how great the epic TBC ones were back in their day and it saddens me to see the current ones just taking a bag space for transmutes. I think it's all because of profession benefits and the whole balancing act between them...I guess they just got the cut in favor of mixology.

Now I know that patch 3.3 is not done yet and we could see a whole blue post regarding professions soon, but taking into account that all the prof. benefits are balanced atm I highly doubt that they would mess it up just to add the trinkets...and whatever happened to eternal might (the WotLK version of primal might) for that matter?

The whole thing has been nagging at me ever since 3.2 was released and I just wanted to see what everyone else thinks.

Re: Has Blizzard given up on Achemy trinkets?

Poor fella

just kept alchemy as profession because of the trinkets
    i really hope that theyre gonna release some new with 3.3

I voted yes simply in hope that if they added a new alchemy one they would add new JC ones =)

It's becoming a goblin racial, so I doubt they will be adding more of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malleus
    One of the bosses in this game is a god called Al'ar (pron: al'lah) who spawns an endless supply of minions who explode when they die. I think Muslims have greater concerns than whether or not Shadow Word: Death fulfils the requirements of halal.

Easy way to balance them, make the crafted epic trinkets BoE and obtained in ICC, just like all those BS/LW/Tailoring patterns.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trishot
    Easy way to balance them, make the crafted epic trinkets BoE and obtained in ICC, just like all those BS/LW/Tailoring patterns.
    Could work.

profession progression doesn't have to be constant per expansion :P.

Imho alchemy has a decent amount going for it already on top of the imp. flask benefits:
    - double flask duration
    - reusable pots
    - rare --> epic gem transmutes
    - titanium transmute

the first two are alchemist only benefits, and the last two are pure money makers and all-in-all alchemy is at a better place in wotlk than it was in TBC (imho). Whilst 'primal mights' are unheard of in wotlk (i.e. making a discussion on them pointless) I still agree that an upgrade to epic trinkets wouldn't hurt alchemists .

Worst case, even as a pattern drop from raids (like the other professions have) - boe with alchemist only.

Cheers

Just be glad you GOT a trinket...period =/
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I think the point of the lack in trinkets is simple. You cannot use anymore than 2 potions per fight. And if those potions are mana/health potions than chances are urdoinitwrong. So the boost in health/mana gained from potions is pretty worthless.

Even as a tank all I used was the armor pot, and the haste pot(more HS spam).

I use my never-ending mana pot all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malleus
    One of the bosses in this game is a god called Al'ar (pron: al'lah) who spawns an endless supply of minions who explode when they die. I think Muslims have greater concerns than whether or not Shadow Word: Death fulfils the requirements of halal.

Nice to have an upgrade ofc, but this is still very useful farming/dailies ... since there is no equip CD, between pulls just pop this over so your endless mana pot gets the 40% boost, pop better trinket over, ready for next pull with no downtime.

Deleted

Enginer says Hi

How about those epic google patern upgrade we had ATLEAST in SWP. Dont forget we also have trinkets

I don't think we alchys need the stones. We have the endless pots, the epic gem transmute (and the shit in the pants when yr mastery procs 5 of them), flask of the north, and soon to be endless titanium transmutes. The poll should be changed to "Should blizz replace the 40Str Flask of the North buff with 40 AGI?". I would get in on that.
    You are now breathing manually.

Blizz has given up on ALL scaling BoP items, be glad you got any BoP gear at all!

I doubt it. =/
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

There won't be and we've been over this a thousand times already.

EDIT: Stop playing dumb. I don't know why people write these pointless threads "Whar be my OP X for prof Y?". If haven't haven't managed to read any blue post regarding professions or seen what other professions award now, there are no BoP profession related items that are best-in-slot, or worth using. All advantages from professions now come in the form of a small enchant or self only buff.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm still using the 100ap 50crit one as I never get a chance to roll for real dps trinkets as a tank :-[