Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: retri rotation help wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    read the god damn FAQ
    and lol at 2k in azjol..
    i did read it and hope to get some more info here.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    It doesnt, you have different priorities depending on your gear (2PT9 bonus for example) and the seal you're using.

If you want to MAXIMIZE your dps, it helps. If you're just terribad like

>Place your face onto your keyboard. Then roll it back and forth. It will be good then.
    >...you have an addon for ret-rotation?!
    >Hit 1, Hit 2, sometimes hit 2 before 1.

You'll do 3-4k like those clueless *** :-)

thank you :P

Im Playing a Rogue/Dmg Warry and a Ret Pally... and everyone who says Ret is more Faceroll then other PvE DPS Specc should Quit WoW. srsly...

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    Judgement > Crusader Strike > Divine Storm > Consecration > Hammer of Wrath > Exorcism
    wait what? thats just wrong..
    The exact quote is For those with at least two piece T9 and mostly ilvl245 equipment, the optimal priority order is Judgement > Crusader Strike > Divine Storm > Consecration > Hammer of Wrath > Exorcism

That said, i'd certainly put HW >> all. weird.

edit : and don't forget T10

2 Pieces: Your melee attacks have a 40% chance to reset the cooldown on your Divine Storm ability.
    4 Pieces: Your Seals and Judgements deal 10% additional damage.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Chacra
    Im Playing a Rogue/Dmg Warry and a Ret Pally... and everyone who says Ret is more Faceroll then other PvE DPS Specc should Quit WoW. srsly...
    what is faceroll? :-\

edit: nevermind!

Priority: (highest on top)
    HoW
    Crusader Strike
    Judgement
    Divine Storm
    concecration
    exorcism

General tips
    Always attack form behind whenever possible
    Never wait to a higher priority to be availble, always hit one ability while the other becomes available
    Keep Avenging wrath on cooldown, (but let the tank get aggro first in the start of an encounter)
    SoC on trash, SoV on bosses
    Fish feast or dragonfin filet
    Flask of endless rage
    Smart dps > high dps (by that I mean it's much more important to avoid fires, taking aggro and stuff than topping the damage meters)
    Get hit capped, expertise cap and then Strength all the way.

elitistjerks has a good guide on this.

FCFS = First Come First Serve. Watch for you CD's. I'm sure that's all your addon is supposed to be doing, helping you watch for your CD's.

rather than watching the cds, #1 reason i'd suggest CLCRET is that it helps watching the center of the screen, where the action is, instead of the bottom.

Here's the EJ quote :

If you have 2pc T9 equipped or have above 7000 AP / 45% crit raid buffed, your new clash resolution is: Judgement > HoW > CS > DS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath.

Only thing I have to add is the hit rating you have. Around 4% too much (seeing as you are a draenei), so if you could exchange some hit for expertise or more dps generally, that will be a slight increase in dps.

I don't like to be meanie, but every paladin, i've seen could just hit their head to keyboard and dps would only grow. That's only what i think so continue plz

Quote Originally Posted by Hellraider
    I don't like to be meanie, but every paladin, i've seen could just hit their head to keyboard and dps would only grow. That's only what i think so continue plz
    sure, but in that case, rogues & hunters too?

Download CLCRET

I use it. Lets me keep my eyes on the fires instead of my slew of uneven numbered cooldowns.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Download CLCRET

I use it. Lets me keep my eyes on the fires instead of my slew of uneven numbered cooldowns.
    or just move the action bars from the left corner to the center of the screen

rather than watching the cds, #1 reason i'd suggest CLCRET is that it helps watching the center of the screen, where the action is, instead of the bottom.

Here's the EJ quote :

If you have 2pc T9 equipped or have above 7000 AP / 45% crit raid buffed, your new clash resolution is: Judgement > HoW > CS > DS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath.
    I use tellmewhen to track my CDs.
    It shows the time left on my attacks wherever I want on the screen so I usually put it a bit on the right side of the center of the screen below where I keep my focus frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

This is what I do, HoW>CS>Judgement>DS>Consecration>Exorcism

Note that:

1. With 2pc t9, Judgement always comes bfore CS
    2. VS undead or demons, same thing with Consecration and Exorcism

There is an addon called Serious Help In Timing, or SHIT for short :P It's designed to help retadins with their FCFS rotation, it's quite good, use it myself. You can get it at curse.com

\(^_^)/
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

Pally Rotations????

Please tell me this isn't a serious thread...

If you want ret to be even EASIER (surprisingly its possible) looke here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhtxd...eature=related

roll warrior if u want to play a skilled dps, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Heloko
    Pally Rotations????

Please tell me this isn't a serious thread...

If you want ret to be even EASIER (surprisingly its possible) looke here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhtxd...eature=related

roll warrior if u want to play a skilled dps, cheers
    Because Ret paladin's PvPing before level 80 is the exact same at ret PvE at 80 in a raid or instance, right?

That video is such a load of crap. He shows you his one button and the macro it casts but yet he doesn't show you all of the other buttons he is hitting while doing those BGs. I wonder how many binds he has hidden. Like the ones for HoJ and Freedom that you can clearly see him cast but aren't on his bar.

Warriors are no more difficult in PvE than Ret paladins. The reason rets want an addon is because all of our abilities have CDs. We don't have to wait for rage generation and just hit any ability we please. We kinda have to wait for it to be available.

To the OP: CLCRet and SHiT, as already mentioned are very helpful. You can even use ForteXorcist to do the same thing with a different display. Once you get a feel for your CDs, these addons lose their value and just tend to get in the way, IMO.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

The exact quote is For those with at least two piece T9 and mostly ilvl245 equipment, the optimal priority order is Judgement > Crusader Strike > Divine Storm > Consecration > Hammer of Wrath > Exorcism

That said, i'd certainly put HW >> all. weird.

edit : and don't forget T10

2 Pieces: Your melee attacks have a 40% chance to reset the cooldown on your Divine Storm ability.
    4 Pieces: Your Seals and Judgements deal 10% additional damage.
    My FAQ was updated a while ago with the T10 rotation if you have the 2pc bonus

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by panky
    ...you have an addon for ret-rotation?!

This is why I hate ret paladins of today. Once I'm done with Icecrown, I'm done with my paladin. So effing tired of these lazy retnubs.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

We need someone who can just lock every topic like this and point out the RET PALLY FAQ >_>.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].