Resto PVP mana issues

I've been rolling 2's with a RL friend who plays a DK. he isnt the greatest to say the least when it comes to dmg output. He wont listen to some of my suggestions but what I would like to know is if I am the only one having mana issues when playing conservatively against heal/dps teams.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...orne&n=Whispen

Now in mirror matches I am still not able to keep mana up while the other druids seem to have endless mana pools. I've tried 2 (current) specs to look for a difference. If I play ultra conservative with rare cyclones and no Moonfires or roots even, still a lack of mana but my dps cant dps thru the heals.

If I play with cyclones, roots, moonfires and IS with some balance spells its a very hit and miss with the balance between dps on target and keeping us up during burst times. This I think I can attribute to my partners lack of ability to LoS anyone unless its me.

Any hints on what I can change that doesnt require a new partner?

Re: Resto PVP mana issues

My druid is wearing almost the exact same gear as you except for relentless weps and I definitely feel like i have infinite mana. It feels gluttonous to drink as i generally end matches with more than 1/2 mana. This is with me casting cyclones constantly and i play with a rogue. Maybe thats your problem, you arent cycloning well enough. You can mitigate a lot of damage to your partner and stop a lot of incoming heals if you just cyclone well and if you are putting more pressure on their DPS then the other healer will be blowing all the mana they can to keep their dps up while you just spend a couple hundred to cast cyclone.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

It seems more of a combo problem, as the previous poster said, pressure is everything and DKs can't deliver that as effectively as a rogue in particular while preventing incoming damage (disarm, stuns, MS(!!!), etc). Cyclone is your friend, cycloning the healer puts quite a bit of pressure on him to top up the DPS again after it finishes. Target switching with cycloning the DPS is also often a very fruitful tactic.

I think I'm gonna try the cyclone cycling a little more see how that works out. As for pressuring the dps myself, I find if i get DoTs up and move into wraths, the DK drops fast even with hots and a bloom.

Its probaby going to be a mix of my cyclones and him using focus macros. Well, I need to teach him what a focus is even ( He asked is it was an addon).

The lack of pressure is notable from my DK as the only time he gets serious pressure is when every CD is available and we try to time cyclones and silence with them. My concern with this is back to my problem of low or no mana and makes me have to choose between cyclones or keep my dk alive... Every match depends on that choice and whether the DK can keep himself up for 4 seconds while I'm doing my last 2 cyclones (1.35 cast).

And yes MS is sorely missed. I hate fighting dps/heal comps with MS so much.

The less damage your partner deals, the less the opposing healers need to heal. Mortal Strike effects that cannot be removed provide a very similar bonus as dealing double damage- as it takes twice the healing to heal for the same amount.

As for Cyclone and Roots, they are both very powerful tools (as is Hibernate on occasion) that can prevent a lot of damage done. A Warrior/Druid combo with the Warrior sitting in roots = very little incoming damage for the next 8 seconds, provided he's trinketed a Cyclone.

As much as I know how hard it is to replace a friend on an arena team, sometimes you have to make the choice between good matches/high rating and grouping with friends.

I 2v2 with my Boyfriend, and while our comp isn't very strong, we have fun. When I want high ratings, I know that my class excels in 3v3 and 5v5.

15+ Year Old Account

Sorry but...a Druid having mana issues? I would suggest not to use Innervate just anytime directly when you're oom if you're doing that... :.Try to get behind a pillar or something first. Anyway, 3 mins CD on Innervate as it is right now is WAAAAAY over the top, vastly OP and should get nerfed soon. I can say that while playing the class myself since the fact just remains that it's to good in it's current state.

Also tell your DK to spam Chains of Ice a few times if you want to get a drink. Easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Unidon
    I I find if i get DoTs up and move into wraths.
    Just remember if your having mana issues, not to do to many dps spells. However IS is a very mana effective dmg spell. Just remember when playing with a dk that you should take every drink you can, even just for a few ticks.

Everytime OOC proc's use lifebloom, it still refunds mana but has no cost. This means you gain around 450 mana every proc. Your innervate should be used early and often just make sure you are behind a pillar and have some hots up first.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.