Obtaining 25man tier 10 - cost

Quoting wowhead:

Tier 10 sets will come, like Tier 8, in two varieties: a Normal and Heroic set -- or T10 and T10.5.

T10 is going to be purchasable with Emblems of Frost (much like the lowest T9 set), and those Emblems will drop off both 10- and 25-player versions of Icecrown Citadel, as well as from the first random Heroic dungeon you do each day.

T10.5 will be purchasable with tokens, several classes grouped in the same token - like in Ulduar - and the tokens will only drop in the 25-player version of Icecrown Citadel, of course. The only difference will be the requirement that you will have to upgrade a T10 item you already have, to a T10.5 one. So you will need to first spend the Emblems, and then hope to get a token needed for the upgrade.
    so to get the 25man version of the tier sets, you have to a) be able to get the token and b) purchase the 10man version of the set.

I like this change.. i've bought 10man tier gear, only to have the 25man tier equivilant drop the next day for me, now there is no need to worry, since you need the 10man gear anyway!
    It's just a game.

Re: Obtaining 25man tier 10 - cost

It's pretty much the same way it is with T9 except you can have the lower level gear before getting the token. And it's now class/group specific.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scilla&n=Wenger

its still lame to buy teir. but this will be more convenient and you dont have to save till you get a token. hopefully not a trophy /shudder.

Atleast you are not like... Do I buy this 232 for 4 pieces or wait for a trophy, MAYBE?

You can just buy the 10man version with no worry about wasting your emblems just to have the token for the higher tier the day after (we all know that when we enchant/gems items, their upgrade drop most of the time the week after)

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

15+ Year Old Account

I like this change, I am one of those people that had enough DKP to get a token or two, as well as enough Triumph to get 3 or so pieces of T9 and didn't want to pick up the Conquest - even though it was an upgrade, so waited until I got a trophy

It's still dumb that you can get a level of Tier 10 through a vendor when its the milestone tier of the expansion. It should be like Ulduar where you can only get like 2 pieces from the vendor and the rest is only obtainable inside Icecrown. Also being forced to buy the emblem version kinda sucks since there is alot of nice emblem of frost gear (mainly the relics/trinkets) that people will want, and I'd rather buy those than spend them on shitty tier 10 ilvl 251 just b/c I have to. just my 2 pennies

Nice change. I like it
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Does any1 know if you lose your gems/enchants? since i can assume the hiugher levels wont have any bonus sockets. Just new bonus's/stats.

Quote Originally Posted by kasoenaz
    It's still dumb that you can get a level of Tier 10 through a vendor when its the milestone tier of the expansion. It should be like Ulduar where you can only get like 2 pieces from the vendor and the rest is only obtainable inside Icecrown. Also being forced to buy the emblem version kinda sucks since there is alot of nice emblem of frost gear (mainly the relics/trinkets) that people will want, and I'd rather buy those than spend them on shitty tier 10 ilvl 251 just b/c I have to. just my 2 pennies
    Given that you can get 10 EoF from the Raid Weekly and 14 by doing a Random Heroic every day of the week, and 4 from doing VoA10/Voa25, plus the ones from ICC itself, it's not hard to imagine people having a fair few EoF lying around.

I also suspect that Blizzard's not going to have sympathy for the argument that it's taking too long to get all the gear you want. I mean, they're probably planning on the dungeon lasting 6 months or so, and if you get pre-Heroic BIS in the first 3 months, that leads to a lot of boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by jster
    Does any1 know if you lose your gems/enchants? since i can assume the hiugher levels wont have any bonus sockets. Just new bonus's/stats.
    From the sounds of it, you're trading in the lower tier, so you likely will lose the gems and enchants.

sounds like its forcing me to waste time in heroics and 10mans to get my 25 raid gear, fucking awesome =/
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by comablack
    sounds like its forcing me to waste time in heroics and 10mans to get my 25 raid gear, fucking awesome =/
    Actually it means less emblems wasted in comparison if you in t9 first bought even one 232 piece and later upgraded to 245.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    You mean somebody puts a gun to your head? Seriously?

Just don't do 10 mans or heroics if you feel it wastes your time ^^ It is a free world after all.
    It's forcing him in the sense that it makes him the best player he can possibly be.

This is a smart and welcome change. Personally, I think Blizzard is on a roll - I approve.

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
    -Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by det
    It is a free world after all.
    Tell that to Corki.

Hell yeah, finally a good idea.

I remember when i didn't get the t7,5 chest for weeks. Bought the normal t7 for like 80 emblems, gemmed, enchanted it only to get the t7,5 the same night. I know it was all easy mode to obtain but you get the idea.

And no one is forcing you to grind heroics//10 man. The same emblems drop in 25 man, you can grindfest there
    <man, my english sucks...>

Quote Originally Posted by zalgoes
    It's forcing him in the sense that it makes him the best player he can possibly be.
    Depends on where the tokens drop from. If they come from the last 5 bosses, it may be that they're the limiting factor, and not emblems of frost.

Min/maxing is usually a pain in the ass. Whether it's grinding out dailies or farming heroics for rep or repeated soft-reseting on BT trash to get more Hearts of Darkness for resist gear, getting the last 5% edge is a pain in the ass. In this case, it's facerolling a heroic once a daily and a farm raid boss once a week. I mean, these heroics can be two-manned*, it's not a major PitA with five people.

Admittedly, by 2-man I mean tank + elemental shaman or ret pally, not just any two man group, but still.

I approve of this change.