Ref: Disc Priest Arena guide sticky

Per the guide, it looks like it suggests the Mooncloth (Spirit) 213 set from honor farming (thanks AV leveling!) and then gearing towards--

Spirit Gear:
    Bracers
    Boots
    Belt
    5 Armor set bonus

Crit Gear:
    1 Ring

Hit Gear:
    Neck
    Cloak
    1 Ring

I wanted to know if someone could please verify this. I ask because I know that Spirit is not a very strongly regarded stat as a PVE Disc priest, but is heavily emphasized in this PVP guide.

Am I reading the guide wrong? (It is a pretty intimidating wall of text) Or is crit not that important in arena and Spirit is?

Thanks!

Re: Ref: Disc Priest Arena guide sticky

Crits play the RNG game. Relying on the random number generator for crits will simply just cause you to lose, because it's not reliable defensively, and offensively it's reduced by the fact everyone has a fair bit of resilience.

Also, in PvE, you have so many Int synergy things going for you, it's rediculous. You don't even get Replenishment in Arena, so grabbing Spirit for -some- (if not much) mana sustainability is why you aim for those pieces.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

In PvE Intelect is used to regen mana as disc due to replenishment. With raids buffs you can get an amazing amount of mana back just by having a large max mana pool.

In PvP arena the most reliable way of regening mana outside of drinking is spirit. If you get the crit, you will notice you run out of mana faster then if you had spirit and running out of mana in arena is a loss in 3's (the easyest way to get high raiting).

As for the guide I belive your list of items is correct.

Every priest on AJ (that can post so 2400+ or glad title) that got an extra set of crit gear from left over arena points switched back to spirit becuase the mana was just not enough without the spirit. There are a bunch of priests that have some haste pieces though since those came out but you do not need haste to reach a 2200 raiting which is the point of the guide. After you get 2200 raiting on a 3's team you are getting 1117 points a week and can get anything you want to change up relativly fast if you do decide you want to try out some haste.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Awesome, thanks!