New spec for the undergeared?

When I left Unholy was the king of specs for those who are undergeared. However I am reading that is no longer true.....

I still rock a titansteel destroyer what is the new best undergeared spec?

Re: New spec for the undergeared?

Unholy is still good, but is getting changed alot after patch 3.3, as scourge strike will no longer have massive crits, which im sure is what some people loved..

I was unholy, but hearing about the upcoming changes i switched to blood, and im LOVING it!

As unholy, a crit to say "ooohh" at was around 8k. When i respecced to blood, i went into CoS heroic, and boom i hit an 11k death strike crit.. my dps was also around 300 higher than usual!

Blood is also fantatic for soloing, and the healing from death strike, bloodworms, and... that other thing in the talent tree (lol) are very useful!

Hope this helps!
    Solid

PS: Keep using a 2h weapon in blood spec, blood duel wield just.. well, if u get high dps ul have broken the laws of physics !

10+ Year Old Account

unholy is still the spec for ungeared DK's but as solid already said soons you gear up go blood and ud probebly like it

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavo
    I still rock a titansteel destroyer ....

"to rock" and "titancrap crapcrapper" are not to be used in one sentence.

Get your ass into some Trial of the Champion runs asap before worrying about a spec.

And other then that, Unholy should, overall, still do fine for undergeared people. Blood has caught up though, so it's really a matter of what you enjoy more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidshock
    Unholy is still good, but is getting changed alot after patch 3.3, as scourge strike will no longer have massive crits, which im sure is what some people loved..

Hope this helps!
    Solid

ummm what ? SS crits for 15k on ptr right now >.> and i dont think 8k is a massive crit right now >.>
    Headcrab Simptoms:
    # Strange feeling to force Gordon Freeman, who appears to be a fish to the victim, to eat crackers.
    # Itching at groin.
    # Yellowing of the blood
    # Red, dry, or missing eyes.
    # Numbness around the cranial region
    # A severe case of dandruff
    # Hair loss
    # Skin loss
    # Head Loss
    # Death
    # Loss of bodily functions

Quote Originally Posted by Uthre
    ummm what ? SS crits for 15k on ptr right now >.> and i dont think 8k is a massive crit right now >.>
    hmmm.. i may b mistaken, but i read that SS crits were being "lessened" and replaced with a DoT, as SS was getting "redesigned"

if its still critting for 15k thats immense lol!

Solid

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Solidshock
    hmmm.. i may b mistaken, but i read that SS crits were being "lessened" and replaced with a DoT, as SS was getting "redesigned"

if its still critting for 15k thats immense lol!

Solid
    I think that was one of the ideas devs had for it, but they decided to make it so that SS has both a physical portion and a shadow portion of damage dealt with each strike. It's a flat 40% of weapon damage as Shadow right now, but in the PTR currently it's 50% weapon damage as physical, then for each disease on the target it does 25% of that physical damage as additional Shadow damage. So assuming three diseases, it would be 50% weapon damage as physical, + 75% of that damage as Shadow.

I think?

In my experience, if you can get yourself a good main hand weapon fast (something like Tankard O' Terror) then frost DW is a very good spec.

With the pestilence spec I pull around 3.5k single target with 1 piece of gear obtained in a raid. I don't even have a lvl 80 sigil yet (still have the starter one)

edit for armoury:
    http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...beard&n=Arkell

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis
    I think that was one of the ideas devs had for it, but they decided to make it so that SS has both a physical portion and a shadow portion of damage dealt with each strike. It's a flat 40% of weapon damage as Shadow right now, but in the PTR currently it's 50% weapon damage as physical, then for each disease on the target it does 25% of that physical damage as additional Shadow damage. So assuming three diseases, it would be 50% weapon damage as physical, + 75% of that damage as Shadow.

I think?
    SS also double dips in the favor of the DK, aka BP will increase the damage by 30% instead of 15% but resilience will only affect the initial physical portion of the damage directly. It will still affect the shadow portion indirectly through a weaker physical portion.