Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadow Priest and Prot Warrior Viable for Twos?

Prot will not work
    Arms would be better but still not as good as rogue/ frostmage/lock

your missing the point shadow priests are insane ...

Shadow has some crazy damage, probably the highest multi-target damage in the game in arena and it will get better in 3.3. The problem isn't the damage but their survivability and getting locked down by melee.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Masataro
    Prot burst is insane coupled with the stuns, silence and shieldslam dispells. I can rape druids, shamans, priests in seconds... no burst you say? Pft!
    I'm not saying you don't have any burst. I'm just saying you won't have enough burst to beat any DECENT Healer/Dps team.

Quote Originally Posted by baele
    I've hovered around 2,000 the last two seasons with my paladin. I'm converting this spriest into my main and would like to get gladiator eventually. I feel I'm more skilled playing my spriest than I was with my paladin. So I've been thinking of specs, I have a dk friend, warrior friend and lock friend that I'm tight with and would like to do arena with one of those 3. Lock and DK don't seem very strong and prot seems better than arms. I think Prot is the best spec out of those three classes.
    less than one glad spriest per server. takes a 100% capable spriest and a 101% capable whatever your teammates are

most spriests aren't their own worst enemy, it's the fact that they need so much help from their teammates to set everyone up, and guess what, most people can't peel for you while still being effective

disc isnt' much better in 2v2, that's why they stay with a frost mage, cc one and burst the other while the priest dispels/dots/dps/heals

but the control of the mage is what makes it work.

priests have to be babysat

Shadow has some crazy damage, probably the highest multi-target damage in the game in arena and it will get better in 3.3. The problem isn't the damage but their survivability and getting locked down by melee.
    if you're talking about an spriest mind searing 5 horribly pve geared people then yeah, damage is good

against people with 600+ resilience, it's hard to do 1k dps to someone and it takes a few GCDs just to set them up and then, it's still best to dispel their dots (magic and disease) and then they're forced to dot everyone back up.

an spriest is best in a BG situation where they can stand to the side and focus on someone, provide assistance in other ways with a shield or PoM and help lock a healer down with their CDs. spriests just aren't meant for arena, where short CDs and control are the name of the game

spriests have no burst whatsoever and either have to gear for pure crit which means they have mana issues or they have to gear for a bit more regen and can literally end up with 0-5% crit chance against a high resilience target

and while they're standing their mind flaying something, which effectively roots them, the target is slowly making progress toward the priest

a good spriest has great teammates or they're dead in seconds, just no other way around it, spriests are damn near helpless vs anything but a hunter IF they have all their cds up

You guys realize spriests are being buffed massively in 3.3? Spriests will go from a mediocre pvp class to being the powerhouse class they were a couple of years ago. And spriests do have burst, it just takes some time to set up. Once you have 3 dots rolling on a target then let loose a mind blast and swd, you can be looking at 10-15k damage in a few seconds

You guys realize spriests are being buffed massively in 3.3?
    Massively buffed is quite the large exaggeration. Priests aren't getting haste and crit on their gear, they'll be stacking one or the either or trying to mix both, but in the end having one stat means having less of the other. There are other minor little buffs to spriests too, like reduced mana cost of Shadowform and the normalized MF range, but even putting it altogether while it's a buff it's most definitely not a groundshattering buff that's going to propel Shadow to the top of the SK list.

Also

spriests do have burst, it just takes some time to set up.
    lol?