Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: New Paid Feature in the works...

Trying to talk to faggots on mmo-champion is just not worth it. You only hang off the ballsac of anyone that uses official blizzard blue text.
    Wait a second... *sniffs the air*

I think I smell a troll.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlak
    It's all irrelevant to be honest. In the coming expansion, some random Joe Sixpack quest giver will still be ordering me, the godslaying lich-king defeating badass, to do some random poop-related quests.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Lysonder

Troll or not, this isn't going to happen and you're fucking retarded.
    Have a nice day.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Proffessor
    I isn't Blizz anymore..

Activision will do pretty much anything to make a buck, look at DJ Hero, I mean seriously?
    And guitar hero...and rockband...and that mech game for the XBox that had that huge control panel (the name escapes me)...And the Wii with all the peripherals...and ROB...And every single goddamn game that has used a special controller to bring a unique gaming experience.

I mean, seriously, get over yourself.

Blizzard is still pretty much themselves, the fact that they put time on features and decide to charge for them like any smart company would is completely different.

EDIT: Staying on topic. This will never happen. Selling vanity pets and recruiting friends for faster leveling are completely different to paying for a (moderately) high level character. Specially after redesigning all of the old world content.

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    With Cataclysm coming out soon, and the fact that they're redesigning the entire 1-60 questing experience, and adding their own built-in questhelper, I can almost guarantee this is complete bullshit.
    I agree, and came here to say this. Blizzard added heirlooms to the game and RAF and is rebuilding the whole 1-58 experience. There's no way they'd that and then offer a cheap way to skip it.

It also doesn't seem profitable to design an expansion's worth of zones (seriously, 1 per class is 9 zones) to entice a few bucks out of altoholics. And it's really 18 zones, because you can't exactly have human mages and blood elf mages secretly working side-by-side in Azshara then rejoining their factions at 55. There just aren't enough people who Blizzard could entice to roll 2 or 3 more alts with this.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Velzira
    So are you and everything you've ever said on these forums. Go back to playing WoW on your shitty Macbook.
    When this imaginary Buy-55-Levels-With-Real-Money feature is implemented, you can talk shit. Until then, take your asinine speculation and attitude somewhere else. This thread is not getting any better. I promise, this whole concept is retarded. Try to understand why it's retarded, and then go back to playing WoW on whatever piece of shit computer you use.

I expect something like this eventually too. UO started to sell 'advanced' characters that had higher starting skills and stats.

(read: for UO this pretty much met you started at a higher level. you could raise stats and skills but the advanced chars and regular chars had the same stat caps, just different initial stats.)

Quote Originally Posted by bals
    I expect something like this eventually too. UO started to sell 'advanced' characters that had higher starting skills and stats.

(read: for UO this pretty much met you started at a higher level. you could raise stats and skills but the advanced chars and regular chars had the same stat caps, just different initial stats.)
    I don't think people are saying it's never ever ever going to happen, just that it's not happening within the next 6-12 months. Everything Blizzard has done from heirlooms to the Old World redesign to RAF to the piles of lowbie buffs coming in 3.3 to the riding changes to only raising the level cap 5 levels suggests that they're trying to make leveling an alt as painless as possible, and allowing people to skip that leveling seems counterproductive in the face of their other changes.

But 2-3 years down the road, when the level cap is 95, and we've got 14 races and 11-12 classes and a double-handful of continents on our world map? And when the new MMO's in late beta, and WoW's entering its twilight years? Then maybe, yeah.

Thanks for living up to the reputation of every other WoW player ever. Skeptism is strong with this one. Feel free to believe me or not, my point wasnt to care if anyone believed it. Making a note not to post in here again until if/when it does get announced. I even said normally I am a skeptic too, but whatever. Trying to talk to faggots on mmo-champion is just not worth it. You only hang off the ballsac of anyone that uses official blizzard blue text.
    So are you and everything you've ever said on these forums. Go back to playing WoW on your shitty Macbook.
    Me thinks thou dost protest too much.

Sorry, you lost what little credibility this "leak" may have had by attacking people (one of which was just pointing out the fact that this is highly dubious and very far fetched), not to mention the source cannot be verified in any way.

Try again.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski
    I don't think people are saying it's never ever ever going to happen, just that it's not happening within the next 6-12 months. Everything Blizzard has done from heirlooms to the Old World redesign to RAF to the piles of lowbie buffs coming in 3.3 to the riding changes to only raising the level cap 5 levels suggests that they're trying to make leveling an alt as painless as possible, and allowing people to skip that leveling seems counterproductive in the face of their other changes.

But 2-3 years down the road, when the level cap is 95, and we've got 14 races and 11-12 classes and a double-handful of continents on our world map? And when the new MMO's in late beta, and WoW's entering its twilight years? Then maybe, yeah.
    yeah I agree, I'd say at their "half way mark" for Cataclysm it'll come out just so people who leveled their worgens and goblins don't cry TOO much

I'd like to see them add in these 'hero quests' to the game, but not as a "hey skip 1-~50 and start there instead"

Pretty much, it'd be nice if they would add class specific events and lore questlines. I'm fairly sure I read a blue post in response to someone asking if they would do the huge questhub idea that dks have for any other classes and the reply was that it would be far too much work.

The problem with these class specific things is that you have to have a character of the class, so the other 90% of players (excluding alts) wouldn't be able to experience this other than on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvn
    I'd like to see them add in these 'hero quests' to the game, but not as a "hey skip 1-~50 and start there instead"

Pretty much, it'd be nice if they would add class specific events and lore questlines. I'm fairly sure I read a blue post in response to someone asking if they would do the huge questhub idea that dks have for any other classes and the reply was that it would be far too much work.

The problem with these class specific things is that you have to have a character of the class, so the other 90% of players (excluding alts) wouldn't be able to experience this other than on youtube.
    Yeah, a class-specific quest for every class is probably as expensive as a quest hub. So adding even a handful of class-specific would require dropping a zone from an expansion. Now, maybe you wouldn't miss Shoalazar, but it's still not a great trade.