Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Any pets better than wolves?

When WotLK first launched i was using the best spec and the best dps pet at the time. BM spec with a scorpid, then it evolved into MM with a raptor/cat, now it is Survival/MM with a wolf. It seems like they are switching it up to me, I do have to say I enjoyed my scorpid and raptor better than the wolf tho. Since furious howl is such a popular thing, i think hunters should be able to spec any pet into it (of course with the appropriate name for the pet, u dont want a wasp howling, just doesnt make since). It sucks limiting the one thing that makes hunters different (which is the pet) to just one type.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrakin
    Considering that wolves can be tamed at L80 (= No leveling), and that they do top DPS in any situation, your point is...?
    Devilsaur > your pitty wolfs dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincey
    This is best thing i have ever seen. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklisted
    When WotLK first launched i was using the best spec and the best dps pet at the time. BM spec with a scorpid, then it evolved into MM with a raptor/cat, now it is Survival/MM with a wolf. It seems like they are switching it up to me, I do have to say I enjoyed my scorpid and raptor better than the wolf tho. Since furious howl is such a popular thing, i think hunters should be able to spec any pet into it (of course with the appropriate name for the pet, u dont want a wasp howling, just doesnt make since). It sucks limiting the one thing that makes hunters different (which is the pet) to just one type.
    They keep changing it because otherwise people will complain that one spec is the only spec to be. Plus Blizzard is constantly try to balance the game (in like every aspect). Why should MM/Surv be better than Beastmaster, apparently, Blizzard thought back when BST was awesome, that MM wasn't good anymore, so they buffed that, making BST not as good. Soon enough, you'll see a switch back. BST will come back when they nerf MM/Surv or buff BST, it's how it goes.

Lastly, Gregor Eisenhorn:
    Individual pet dps, yes Devilsaur does more dps than a wolf. The point of this forum is not to find the best PET dps, it's to find the best pet for YOUR dps. In order to have a Devilsaur, you need to be BST and you're overall dps will drop more than the increase in pet dps you will get.

Just for curiosity but has anyone else ever considered cunning pet for anub 25hc?

Quote Originally Posted by Rujoh
    Just for curiosity but has anyone else ever considered cunning pet for anub 25hc?
    Lose: Damage on Anub'arak and scarabs in P2
    Gain: ...?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Personally I like winged serpents for Roar of Recoveryhttp://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53517 and I heard they they are the highest dps pet with that talent.
    "Your opinion is like an asshole, I don't need to hear it"
    "Just coz it's wrong, doesn't mean it ain't right"
    "The problem with non conformists is they’re all the same."

Maybe if you're soloing.

In a properly organized 25-man raid with Replenishment and Judgement of Wisdom, you won't ever have mana issues and thusly RoR is useless.

Please pay attention to the thread at hand and have some actual math to back up your pointless, incorrect assertions before making them.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Testeagle
    Personally I like winged serpents for Roar of Recoveryhttp://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53517 and I heard they they are the highest dps pet with that talent.
    You heard wrong. It goes:
    Devilsaur>wolf>who the fuck cares.
    IF you want to give up dps for another pet fine just know you are doing it.

Please listen to posters like Rilgon, he is actually trying to help.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanite
    You heard wrong. It goes:
    Devilsaur>wolf>who the fuck cares.
    IF you want to give up dps for another pet fine just know you are doing it.

Please listen to posters like Rilgon, he is actually trying to help.
    Maybe reread "I heard they are the highest dps pet with that talent"

Roar of recovery helps in runs that lack some regen and unfortunately we do lack the proper structure in our raids but then again we're a casual guild, using RoR means I don't have to swap to regen aspect and lose dps as I regen, but feel free to show me a comparison of having a wolf and regening vs Winged serpent and RoR, more then happy to listen and learn.
    "Your opinion is like an asshole, I don't need to hear it"
    "Just coz it's wrong, doesn't mean it ain't right"
    "The problem with non conformists is they’re all the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Rujoh
    I have, but I use a wind serpent because I like that pet, and that I have had a wind serpent since vanilla. I named him ThunderShock®©™! :P (I'm MM by the way)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Please pay attention to the thread at hand and have some actual math to back up your pointless, incorrect assertions before making them.
    What are you doing raging on people who have other ideas. So, you chose the cookie cutter build, pet, and itemization. Congrats, someone "customized" your character for you, enjoy your extra dps. The thread is about viable alternatives to wolves, kind of ironic that you flame people for bringing up something like cunning pets, and then tell them to stay on topic. You almost make it sound like losing 100 (hell, even 700) dps is game-breaking. The raids are easy. If someone puts in a decent effort and pulls decent dps, who cares, better than someone half-assing with the "one and only" spec/pet.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes
    What are you doing raging on people who have other ideas. So, you chose the cookie cutter build, pet, and itemization. Congrats, someone "customized" your character for you, enjoy your extra dps. The thread is about viable alternatives to wolves, kind of ironic that you flame people for bringing up something like cunning pets, and then tell them to stay on topic. You almost make it sound like losing 100 (hell, even 700) dps is game-breaking. The raids are easy. If someone puts in a decent effort and pulls decent dps, who cares, better than someone half-assing with the "one and only" spec/pet.
    The name of the topic is: "Any pets better than wolves?"
    The answer is: "No"

And claiming that losing 100 dps is nothing is so stupid I don't know where to begin. How do you expect to progress if you can't even sort the basics? I'm personally for the approach that everyone in the raid is as close to optimum as they can be. At all times. 100 dps lost is very little but if 25 people do it you suddenly lose 2500dps/hps/tps/whatever and that WILL hurt your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    Lastly, Gregor Eisenhorn:
    Individual pet dps, yes Devilsaur does more dps than a wolf. The point of this forum is not to find the best PET dps, it's to find the best pet for YOUR dps. In order to have a Devilsaur, you need to be BST and you're overall dps will drop more than the increase in pet dps you will get.
    I know what the point of this thread is, but I still stand correct as he claimed that a wolf is superior in any situation which quite frankly isn't true. You gain more dps from a devilsaur then a wolf as a beast master.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor Eisenhorn
    I know what the point of this thread is, but I still stand correct as he claimed that a wolf is superior in any situation which quite frankly isn't true. You gain more dps from a devilsaur then a wolf as a beast master.
    That's like saying that the best mainhand is the one you do most melee damage with. It's the best if you're really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Header
    That's like saying that the best mainhand is the one you do most melee damage with. It's the best if you're really bad.
    No it's not even close at being the same thing...

It really depends on your entire raid/pvp/soloing situation. In a raid who is trying to down Heroic Anub, yeah its gonna be Surv w/ Wolf. In a casual guild doing a 10 man, if you really enjoy your (insert name of other pet here), then go for it! 10 mans are there so that everyone can experience the content. Heroic versions are for those who care very much about every single bit of DPS they can get. BUT, you can't argue that as it currently stands, Wolf is the best pet to use with the optimal raid setup, doing content that you need to maximize your DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    And if he's going to be BM, he could at least do it properly and get a 53/11/7, not whatever those specs he has are supposed to be.

Edit: OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE. HOW THE FUCK DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS GET DEATH'S VERDICT WHEN I'M STILL STUCK WITH BANNER AND GREATNESS? FUCK YOU RNG
    ^This. There are about 5 shit hunters on my server with the normal version of Death's Choice. I'm next in line in my guild for the heroic one.

Welcome to WotLK, where shitties get gear that good players can't get the RNG for.

-Starcaller Bullseyed.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes
    Betting 200g this kid hasn't cleared TotGC yet.

Keep being shitty brah.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

You lose. He said wolf is the best raiding pet. BM isn't a raiding spec. Gtfo trash.

Devilsaur > your pitty wolfs dps.
    Devilsaur > Wolf

perhaps, but

Wolf + Increased Hunter Damage from AP Buff >>> Devilsaur.