Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Any pets better than wolves?

Quote Originally Posted by 3elevenX
    I like how you hit us with "Starcaller", Uld is tough in ToC gear.
    His statement was invalid when he used an adjective as a noun, really.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted

Jesus this thread is full of huntards...
    Play as you want but for max dps go for wolf I'm afraid.
    Or reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    I HATE people like that. Sacrificing a little of your own DPS to enhance RAID DPS (if it's a decent trade off) should be welcomed. It's like DPS that don't switch targets when they are supposed to because they are worried about the F'in meters! Meters have really ruined peoples perception of what is the right thing to do on fights. Doing the right thing is > topping meters. Sorry, vented there a little bit lol.

ON TOPIC:
    Wolf is pretty much the best PVE pet for MIN-MAXING. If you want to use something else, use something else, unless you are a min-max person that does ANYTHING for the sake of 1 DPS. Just have fun.

Check out http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/skills
    /skills_compare.php
    - go down the list and find a cool ability you like that you think could benefit your raid in some way here and there.
    this is a good post. its directed to OP and on topic +also provided with a useful link and what he/she is typing is core to many players out there. i wanna quote for truth and (New World Order) and thank you for posting.
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

Cats also got those AP buff so, I got a cat

TL;DR

In short...

A wolf gives teh stacking AP buff that is roughly the most unique buff (i.e that cannot be provided by other classes). hence its best for teh RAID.

said before, said now, and it will be said again

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth
    TL;DR

In short...

A wolf gives teh stacking AP buff that is roughly the most unique buff (i.e that cannot be provided by other classes). hence its best for teh RAID.

Welcome to 3.2, furious howl only applies to the hunter who's using it and his wolf, not the party/raid.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth
    TL;DR

In short...

Phail.

15+ Year Old Account

wolf provides the best dps for a hunter for any spec survival mm or even bm spec.

so answer is no in terms of 25 man raids. maybe 10 man you can use wasp depending on what classes you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    His statement was invalid when he used an adjective as a noun, really.
    I'm blanking on the term for a word that can be used as multiple parts of speech. There are a small pool of (mostly vulgar) words that can be used as anything from a noun to a verb to an adjective to an adverb. I remember in particular back 8-9 years ago there used to be a sound file/flash video/whatever about how "fuck" was the most versatile word in the English language.

Either way, my usage was fine grammatically. It wasn't any different than substituting "the poor" for "the poor people" or "the rich" for "the rich people". Just in my case, I used "the shitties" for "the stupid people who are bad at this game".
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed
    I'm blanking on the term for a word that can be used as multiple parts of speech. There are a small pool of (mostly vulgar) words that can be used as anything from a noun to a verb to an adjective to an adverb. I remember in particular back 8-9 years ago there used to be a sound file/flash video/whatever about how "fuck" was the most versatile word in the English language.

Either way, my usage was fine grammatically. It wasn't any different than substituting "the poor" for "the poor people" or "the rich" for "the rich people". Just in my case, I used "the shitties" for "the stupid people who are bad at this game".
    Watch the original Boondock Saints.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Quote Originally Posted by 3elevenX
    I like how you hit us with "Starcaller", Uld is tough in ToC gear.
    Agreed..reason why I don't show starcaller and I still use my old pvp title until blizz removes it's uniqueness and lets everyone have all old pvp titles and everyone wears grand marshal/high warlord.
    But right now as what alot have said, wolves is your best pet for dps, though technically a devilsaur is better then a wolf..I can't fathom why you would even be BM as a raid spec. So until a change is made to wolves, sticking with them is your best bet for dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras
    what kind of warlock doesnt use the class flying mount?

Quote Originally Posted by henrikm
    Cats also got those AP buff so, I got a cat
    No, you're mistaken. Please don't post when you don't know what you're talking about -- it means people will post more dumb questions down the road.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Thought I'd chip in with a reply that isn't from a five year old here:

Basically cats are a fine alternative to wolves. The value of 300+ AP is simply superb when you've just dinged 80, however when you gear up big time its value is substantially less. It actually decreases over time as you apply more and more of your own AP to a ferocity pet. In the end (it won't be in this expansion but it is close) you will break even using a cat.

For the pure simple reason you're buffing the cat's direct melee abilities which a wolf kind of lacks.

At the moment the dps difference is around 100-200 between wolves and cats - it depends if you're hand timing howl with trinkets or not to min/max. Fights can get pretty busy so you might not be comfortable doing that and actually lose dps.

Anyway I'm meandering. Just go for any ferocity pet - start with a nice looking cat if you're not sure and I'm pretty sure you'll end up doing the same damage in raids with more or less dps lost in the RNG noise.