Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: destro dps lacking in raids?

Im not confused about how to use the Recount sir,i know the difference from damage per second value and damage effective done.And still say the same,warlock dps/damage is too low.
    Good raiders have a few difference from dps and damage done,if you see a mage or rogue for example what make a lot of dps but not a lot of damage he/she inst make a good rotation or have a bad item selection for the spec.

Im bored about gimmick term.
    Fight is fight and warlock user pay the same like the others and thats is the real point.

Pd.GC take your "COOL" crap and let the original warlock creators works in our class.

Nice post ^^

Have you guys seriously NEVER seen that our DPS always drops in recount after a fight, it also continues to messure DPS (dmg done/time doing dmg) while we arent active, while moving for example. While whit the arcane mage the "time doing dmg" stops which keeps a smaller number which thus gives the arcane mages higher DPS numbers in the end.. understand?

So often I see myself competing whit a hunter of mage on the dps meter and slightly loose or win or whatever, but in the end my dmg done is about 1% higher then the hunter's or mages DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldboy
    Im not confused about how to use the Recount sir,i know the difference from damage per second value and damage effective done.And still say the same,warlock dps/damage is too low.
    Good raiders have a few difference from dps and damage done,if you see a mage or rogue for example what make a lot of dps but not a lot of damage he/she inst make a good rotation or have a bad item selection for the spec.

Fight is fight and warlock user pay the same like the others and thats is the real point.

Pd.GC take your "COOL" crap and let the original warlock creators works in our class.

Where do you get the information from to backup the fact that warlock dmg done is to low then? I mean your dmg done and the dmg of some locks in your guild isnt really convincing me that our dmg is that much lower then arcane mages for example.

If one mage,rogue,hunter,dk and other classes(not all) in diferents fights make less dps and DAMAGE is for:

-Is undergeared.
    -Watching tv and raiding.
    -Rolling the face over the keyboard.
    -Have no idea to use the class and think wow is like Second Life with swords and dragons.

Stop think what you,yes YOU the guy what read this and play a lock and make better than this classes.Isnt your skill,is your teammates fail...isnt a opinion is real,we have logs,we have sims,we have our experiencie and we have videos of top guilds making kills and the the true is warlock dps sucks.

No ONE warlock top dps in all hardmode content and forgive the "gimmick" thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fecys

Where do you get the information from to backup the fact that warlock dmg done is to low then? I mean your dmg done and the dmg of some locks in your guild isnt really convincing me that our dmg is that much lower then arcane mages for example.
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/

For example.

I wasn't singling you out with the dps/dmg done comparison with recount, I apologize if it came out that way. I know (on my server at least) that people think that dps is the end all damage measuring tool and quite frankly it pisses me off. I was just trying to clarify for some of the people that are reading this thread that may have that mindset =P

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/

For example
    Yeah but this was my point, its dps again, not dmg done. Or didnt I look good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Fecys
    Yeah but this was my point, its dps again, not dmg done. Or didnt I look good enough?
    you didn't look good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dogpie
    You must be raiding with some shit Rets.
    Ret is only doing really well on fights where they get to use Command frequently to lolaoe with their single target rotation. That doesn't really make up for how they perform on fights where they can't do that (everything except Anub and FC). Shadow is also better than Destro on those fights due to multi-dotting... but Affliction can do it similarly on FC and Anub both.

Look at this and you'll see how low locks are on the dps front.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/classrank/8
    Geeky shirts/WoW Shirts/Message me to create your guild shirt
    http://stowellcreative.spreadshirt.com

Look at that-->http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/un...arlock-qa.html

-Q: Soul Shards is subject that has been a constant amongst warlock players since the launch of the game. While we've made some minor improvements over time, players still find Soul Shards to be an annoyance. Are there any plans in motion to make further improvements to the warlock Soul Shard system?
    A:Yes. As we have hinted on occasion, we have a revamp of the entire system in the works. This is a big change, beyond the scope of the 3.2 patch, but we are confident -- CONFIDENT -- that the new system will be something warlocks finally enjoy.

LIE.

-Q: Do we have plans to add a little more burst potential to the Affliction tree?
    A:Yes, and Haunt is probably the right place to do it. Haunt is one of the few Affliction spells that can’t reach the 200% crit level, so we are going to make that change through Pandemic.

LIE.

-Q: A common concern that comes up regarding warlock players is in regards to their minor glyphs. While they understand that these glyphs aren't meant to be game-changing, many of the minor glyphs focus on improving spells that aren't really used at all, such as Eye of Kilrogg. Would we consider looking at the minor glyphs available for warlocks and possibly making some improvements?
    A: We can look at the minor glyphs. We are more concerned at the moment with making sure the major glyphs are interesting without being overpowered.

SHIT.

All our QQ is full of problems without solution...but is cool.

Warlock community talk about a lot of this problems BEFORE wotlk start,in the beta.What GC do?...Nothing.
    Nerf us,and make what our pets like imp the balance tool...and what happends???..SHIT other time,he forget what our pets dont scale with haste and crit.
    Today you can make the aprox. or the same DPS with 8 and 9.5 tier...a bad joke for us.

What is the real problem of warlocks??->GC.
    Maybe GC is a good worker and a good developer team manager,but have no idea about warlocks and the warlock developer team dont work in the warlock support now,they leave for the DK job.

We need a real developer team for us like mages with kalgan or warriors with GC.

Stop qqing about being low dps/damage. If you are most concerned with being top of the charts, reroll a dk, hunter, mage, etc. Otherwise, deal with the fact that warlocks (with all things equal) might not be able to out dps some other classes. This does not mean that they are NOT good classes to play. Someone doing 9k and you doing 7.5k, you're still doing good damage. Someone has to be at the bottom of all raids. So there is no reason why anyone would then complain that if warlocks can't pull comparable dps, why would someone bring them. Well, like I said before, someone has to be at the bottom of each raid, and as long as you (as a lock) can beat someone else, your spot in that raid should be safe.

Lastly, DPS is more important than overall damage in regards to the fact that if you have high dps, it would then be assumed that your overall effective damage would be just as high. (unless, of course, you are watching tv, masterbating, etc during combat)

only class with threat issues and not close to tops on most toc fights

isent we greats?
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Because, Dyce, that's the thing, if you stop doing damage on par with the rest of your raid and you bring no useful buffs, there's no point in bringing you. There's enough unholy dks and hunters for ebon plague/replenish to ditch the lock. Locks are worrying that they will lose their spot in ICC or be forced to respec demo to be the buffbot.

It happened in the past, with other classes at least, and it will happen again. Guilds want maximized performance and there's no reason to bring a class with nothing more than healthstones doing, taking your example, 3k less dps than the rest of your raid. You cannot justify that as a raidleader.

That said, though I'm retired from the serious hardcore scene, I'm sorry to say that when I play a dps class, I want to do competitive dps. I'm not asking to be #1 everytime, but I'm asking to have a chance to beat other classes. When that chance isn't there, something is wrong, no matter what you blame it on - scaling or encounter type. Balancing, to put it in GC's words, is an ongoing matter and yes, have to be adjusted to encounters. If the type of encounters in Toc are the reason of warlock's low dps, that's enough reason. Obvious example: That's how paladins found themselves buffed because Ulduar wasn't quite drowning in Undead mobs. Their dps was fine in Naxx, but wouldn't be in Ulduar. Blizzard didn't tell them to suck it up and hope the next content patch will be better.

Though nobody can claim the way warlocks scale with stats seems to be fine, either.

Warlocks are just a problem child of WoW, they never seem to know what way they should go with locks.

A wise man once said "DPS is a potential, Damage is Result" so stop complaining about not doing enough DPS it doesn't mean that much except filtering PUs but a mage will always have a higher DPS you know why? he hasn't got any DoTs, he doesn't refresh anything, pure damage the whole encounter long.

Also they are going to improve our threat \o/ Locks FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake
    As a mage I would just like to say: FINALLY!
    Sure, I'd enjoy that since when warlocks are sunwelled, it means we are "stacked" for a raid. Which means, mages will be left behind, again.

The term "sunwelled" that you know only applies to mages.

Lastly, DPS is more important than overall damage in regards to the fact that if you have high dps, it would then be assumed that your overall effective damage would be just as high. (unless, of course, you are watching tv, masterbating, etc during combat)
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree
    Sure, I'd enjoy that since when warlocks are sunwelled, it means we are "stacked" for a raid. Which means, mages will be left behind, again.

The term "sunwelled" that you know only applies to mages.
    HA, touche, but the person I quoted was referring to the fact that if destro dps doesn't change then locks will be sat for higher dps classes

Put Spirit on items with no item point charge. That'll make everything all right. Or at least give us 5k SP to work with. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    Stop qqing about being low dps/damage. If you are most concerned with being top of the charts, reroll a dk, hunter, mage, etc. Otherwise, deal with the fact that warlocks (with all things equal) might not be able to out dps some other classes. This does not mean that they are NOT good classes to play. Someone doing 9k and you doing 7.5k, you're still doing good damage. Someone has to be at the bottom of all raids. So there is no reason why anyone would then complain that if warlocks can't pull comparable dps, why would someone bring them. Well, like I said before, someone has to be at the bottom of each raid, and as long as you (as a lock) can beat someone else, your spot in that raid should be safe.
    Thats so retarded only a DK hybrid could say it. Locks are a DPS class its all they offer and therefore its not acceptable to say reroll to DK. Have you noticed how many melee there are now and how few ranged? The game balance is skewed. Do you really want a raid of 19 Dks and 6 healers?

-Q: Soul Shards is subject that has been a constant amongst warlock players since the launch of the game. While we've made some minor improvements over time, players still find Soul Shards to be an annoyance. Are there any plans in motion to make further improvements to the warlock Soul Shard system?
    A:Yes. As we have hinted on occasion, we have a revamp of the entire system in the works. This is a big change, beyond the scope of the 3.2 patch, but we are confident -- CONFIDENT -- that the new system will be something warlocks finally enjoy.

LIE.
    WRONG. Learn to keep up with the news. They're completely revamping the soul stone system, and before you say "ZOMG HE SAID IN 3.2" I'm going to point out that he said BEYOND THE SCOPE OF, aka NOT 3.2.