Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Icecrown Loot, Blue posts, Jace Hall @ Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdee
    close, but i dont see any flavor text under the World of Warcraft logo, such as where the "Cataclysm" would be where "Wrath of the Lich King" or "The Burning Crusade" would have been =\

if anything those are just special blizz-only editions of the original vanilla wow box or even prototypes for the original vanilla boxes that didnt make the cut
    The boxes go: TBC, WOTLK, Cata, Vanilla.

You can tell by the color above the wow logo, except for the tbc box which is obviously all green. Possibly i have wotlk and vanilla mixed up. Who knows....

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelgal

You can tell by the color above the wow logo, except for the tbc box which is obviously all green. Possibly i have wotlk and vanilla mixed up. Who knows....
    The wotlk box is all light blue, none of those are. The last three boxes look like different versions of vanilla wow because they're brown.

The cataclysm box will more than likely be all red or yellow, like how tbc is all green, and wotlk is all blue.
    Dk- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Raivious

Deleted

is it me, or are some of the 10man "heroic" labeled items under the normal tab? like the tank mace, and other items.

Unless it's a prototype box, or Wrath boxes were a different colour here in Australia than they were in America, the second box in the row is NOT WotLK. Wrath's box was blue and white. I can't even see a subtitle under the title, though that could just be my poor eyesight.
    Shadowsil and her variety of alts.

The loot is pretty shit at all. So now as ele shaman i gotta choose between mp5 gear and Sp + Spirit gear, IMBA! I end up with 100 haste , 15% crit and 1000 mp5 wich deffo im gonna have the same dps i had in my first naxx.

STEED!

yeah i just log in to write that
    sunshine avatar is so awesome *w*!.... <3
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7494/chopperoo.jpg
    (Sig too large)

That video failed to get so much as a chuckle out of me. Big disappointment.

*No, not because I expected real information, but the lack of anything genuinely funny.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

i want my last 4 minutes of my life back... mon

:s

Quote Originally Posted by diox990
    STEED!

yeah i just log in to write that
    y not just check "stay logged in" ?

hilarious vid, DEATHS: 32
    hahaha. no.

F*CK YEAH !
    Finally the pink unicorn ! I've told ya !

I disagree
    The color of the 2nd and 4th are the same allmost.. They dont even look a bit like WotLK any of those 2 boxes, dont see any of the ice on the logo. And the real box is also fully blueish, like the tbc box is greenish

Someone can correct them on this but, when Vanilla was released wasn't there three different boxes? One with a Night Elf, one a Dwarf, and another an Orc? Looking at the boxes the Blue could be the Elf, the Red the Orc, and the Green the Dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by wutz
    Shadow Priest has the lowest dps and at the same time it's one of the most difficult classes to play (compared to two-button arcane mages with 8k+ dps). I think they deserve this SW:P buff.
    QQ more pls ;-)

i am mage for quite some time and i can tell you that for PVE is arcane by far the funniest spec. frost is - not viable - frostbolt spam. fire/frostfire are boring - just spam main nuke until hot streak procs.. it is not challenging for a skilled mage and you cant do much more dmg than casual mage with same gear, because these specs just doesnt have enough cooldowns and other cool stuff which you can cleverly use during fight and boost your dps better than player who is just doing standard rotation without deep thinking about it..

arcane mage has many cooldowns, cool talents like frost warding, incanters absorption.. you can easily find out who is just casual arcane mage and who is really good because arcane mages can plan using their cooldowns - when they do what, they can also alter their rotations (i personally use 4 slightly different rotations). arcane mage is just fun and for skilled players it is challenge.

you can do fine dmg with arcane mage just with two button spam, but what is really great on arcane mage - you can do insane dmg when you are insane skiller ;-) and outstanding scaling with skill of the player is why arcane is my favorite spec.. well, you just cant be more wrong ;-)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by olzagane
    QQ more pls ;-)

i am mage for quite some time and i can tell you that for PVE is arcane by far the funniest spec. frost is - not viable - frostbolt spam. fire/frostfire are boring - just spam main nuke until hot streak procs.. it is not challenging for a skilled mage and you cant do much more dmg than casual mage with same gear, because these specs just doesnt have enough cooldowns and other cool stuff which you can cleverly use during fight and boost your dps better than player who is just doing standard rotation without deep thinking about it..

arcane mage has many cooldowns, cool talents like frost warding, incanters absorption.. you can easily find out who is just casual arcane mage and who is really good because arcane mages can plan using their cooldowns - when they do what, they can also alter their rotations (i personally use 4 slightly different rotations). arcane mage is just fun and for skilled players it is challenge.

you can do fine dmg with arcane mage just with two button spam, but what is really great on arcane mage - you can do insane dmg when you are insane skiller ;-) and outstanding scaling with skill of the player is why arcane is my favorite spec.. well, you just cant be more wrong ;-)
    you fail, and yes, i'm a arcane mage atm.

it's faceroll
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

Quote Originally Posted by therealpeni
    you fail, and yes, i'm a arcane mage atm.

it's faceroll
    no, you failed - because you didnt bring any viable fact to the discussion..

no, you failed - because you didnt bring any viable fact to the discussion..
    And you did? Pressing Frost Ward on anub PC ticks is skill?

Quote Originally Posted by Feinel
    And you did? Pressing Frost Ward on anub PC ticks is skill?
    what about pressing fire ward on valkyrs (with grey debuff on), and yes you have enough SP from those shadow dmg ticks which are fully absorbed by your debuff, but on 25HC mode it is good tool which can help you survive especially if your guild (mine :-) ) uses strategy where 8 ranged dpsers stay in the circle around valkyrs and melees and catch balls of the same colour. what about pressing fire ward on herois beasts and jaraxxus (there are fires there), same goes for kovalon in voa - do you know what does it do with your spell power if you have incanters absorption? do you know what does it do with your mana if you have frost warding?

what about pressing fire ward on valkyrs (with grey debuff), what about pressing fire ward on herois beasts and jaraxxus (thery are fires there) - do you know what does it do with your spell power if you have incanters absorption? do you know what does it do with your mana if you have frost warding?
    What you mention is hardly skill, random Joe of age 12 can figure out popping fire ward when there is fire is a smart move. This doesn't make you an exceptionally good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Feinel
    What you mention is hardly skill, random Joe of age 12 can figure out popping fire ward when there is fire is a smart move. This doesn't make you an exceptionally good player.
    i didnt mention everything of course, just some examples - random joe of age 12 cant figure it out - not everything - just something, the other thing is - will he be able to use it properly? cooldown stacking and clever use of them (based on good knowledge of the encounter) is something which is also important for skilled arcane mage and this is far from being just two button faceroller..

anything else which finally proves that arcane mages are just brainless facerollers?

I do hope this isn't going to be a whole raiding tier of 90% hit and 10% expertise now on the tanking stuff.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."