Where is the block?

What happened to block gear? So far in TOC I have only seen like 2-3 pieces with any block value on it. Now looking at the IC loot discovered so far in IC BV and BR are looking to have become even more of an extinct stat for tanks.

Artwork Credit: Rayde of MMO Champion.

Re: Where is the block?

where is the block
    by the pally eyed peas great song ;D

Block gear would actually stand to become rather OP given the nerf to dodge rating and how high block values trivialize trash encounters. So they haven't put much in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    Block gear would actually stand to become rather OP given the nerf to dodge rating and how high block values trivialize trash encounters. So they haven't put much in.
    ...and what's wrong with the highest Tier of this expansion having the best stats possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    So now the Norse are stealing ideas from Blizzard, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Muxxon
    ...and what's wrong with the highest Tier of this expansion having the best stats possible?
    Nothing if you're a lazy stooge who expects everything to be handed to them and doesn't understand how little gear scaling there actually is in an expansion.

Also many people would say that the extremely large amounts of dodge and defense rating that is showing up on the gear is much better because it makes the gear pieces - especially the non-tiered gear - of value to all three tanking classes and not just warriors and paladins.

Feel free to keep grinding that axe of yours about how you expect the highest tier gear to be perfectly balanced for you specifically and for Blizzard to come to your door and give you a unicorn that farts rainbows and craps blowjobs.

Meh block value may trivialize trash encounters, it is very underwhelming for warriors as an actual avoidance stat for tanking a boss.

Deleted

Its true that, not Including shields, ToC has very little BV or BR compared to the 9 pieces within the walls of Ulduar:

Ulduar BV and BR pieces
    Wyrmguard Legplates boutght with EoC
    Warrior and Paladin T8 and 8.5

ToC:
    Necklace in 5man heroic,
    Shoulders in 10man.
    Along with legs and helm from the T9 Warrior and Paladin

I personally believe this is cause Avoidance is more preferable in ToC 10/25man to Mitigation (save for adds on Anub where BV/BR does shine).

All that being said and linked however, IIC has far more pieces of BV / BR gear the ToC.
    To name but a few:
    IIC5man Normal:
    Titanium Links of Lore
    Crystalline Citadel Gauntlets
    Sollerets of Suffering

IIC5man Heroic:
    Second Helm of the Executioner
    Falric's Wrist-Chopper

And that is only the 5man.
    Plus T10 Warrior and Paladin is more then likely to have BV / BR on too (I cannot say this with 100% accuracy as the stat's are not out yet but it is a fair bet that atleast 2 pieces will have either BV or BR).

However there are no BV/BR gear currently in the 10/25man loot tables (either not there or not yet found (betting on the latter)).

So overall I wouldn't say Block Value / Block Rating gear has become extinct, as there are more pieces of BV/BR gear in IIC 5man then in ToC all together, however block is very powerful with the debuff and I guess that blizzard do not want Paladins and Warriors to get too far head of Death Knights or Druids in tanking capabilities.

Because Blizz finally understood that we aren't gearing ourselves in raid instances to trivialize heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wani
    Because Blizz finally understood that we aren't gearing ourselves in raid instances to trivialize heroics.
    More like because blizz likes to make us get gear from TBC to cheese heroic anub.

More like because blizz likes to make us get gear from TBC to cheese heroic anub.
    TBC? Like Burning Crusade? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Wani
    TBC? Like Burning Crusade? Why?
    Single best block value trinket in the game. Guess what it is?

Hint - apparently gnomes are best at blocking.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_

Hint - apparently gnomes are best at blocking.
    Don't need that for Anub'arak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    Don't need that for Anub'arak.
    Indeed, I'd use Satrina's or Lavanthor's for HC anub any day.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Why do you care about the block? The way gear is designed fits the game mechanics they use anyway.

I predict next thread will be some along the line of "Where's the HP?!?!?!?!11!" as they remove spike damage from bosses.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=misazadia

Go for the Lavanthor, if you want my opinion. As good as the auto-blocker was, it is not worth the hassle anymore.