Need togc 25 man tips.

Well no matter the comp we have really hard times.. we have never gotten a single person down.

Also currently we are employing a strategy i have never heard of.

our tanks take off shields and other pieces of armor.. and they hand out armor pots to all the clothies.

also our tanks dont want heals when they take damage.. they say the lower health they have the more they will be focused.. so they never want to be healed to full..

can anyone tell me if this is a legit strategy or not because it sounds awfully strange to me..

Now i have heard of one tank going in first to gain aggro. but i hear that is very spotty and not a reliable way to learn the encounter.

Re: Need togc 25 man tips.

None of that made remotely any sense...
    Cheare - 80 Human Paladin
    <Deus Vox> Laughing Skull - US

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account

Your tanks sound like idiots. i have never heard of this strat and personaly i don't see what the benifit is to it at all. There are some vids of the fight i suggest you check em out and see if you can use there strat or adapt it for your play style.

That's a pretty awful strat. I realize it's perhaps plausible, but it's stupid. It's the lazy man's attempt to get out of using the classes at your disposal and trying to turn it into a tank and spank.

I suggest you head over to tankspot and link your guild the ToGC FC video. It'll explain the proper way to get it done better then we will. It'll also be a more useful strat for when you come back. Bringing armor pots for 25 people every week would get real old.

I frequently "tank" FC25H with this sort of strategy. Prot warrior charges in (prox aggro on all mobs, let health remain as close to 50% as possible) Generally i can tank 4-5 of the melee mobs for at least the first 60 seconds, which allows for 1-2 targets to be burnt.

Healing the tanking character to full will lead to the mobs ignoring you and subsequently gibbing the rest of the raid.

the idea of taking off shields is to further amply the effect (they target lowest armor targets) but is not necessary if the tank is left @ 50% hp.

Flitter's link will explain what is happening with strats like the one the OP is talking about. They work.

In all seriousness, the main reason people wipe to Faction Champs is because they don't take the time to properly work out CC and all that. There is NO BESERK TIMER ON THIS ENCOUNTER, people should be focused on interrupting healers, ccing melee and taking down shaman totems. As a prot warrior, i'm put on the priest, we have one of our dps warriors go prot to interrupt the paladin (all the many interrupts that warriors have <33).

Make sure your ccers know they don't have to worry to heavily on dpsing and focus more on CC and moving away from melee when they see their mark coming near them and I promise this encounter will become a complete joke for you. Some gibs can happen but aslong as everyone is doing what they are suppose to, only 2-3 people will ultimately die. Ensidia(Not a fan boy, i think they are allot of hype. "before the fan boy comments") proved with their immortality achievement this fight is totally controllable, just enforce rules

That's a pretty awful strat. I realize it's perhaps plausible, but it's stupid. It's the lazy man's attempt to get out of using the classes at your disposal and trying to turn it into a tank and spank.

I suggest you head over to tankspot and link your guild the ToGC FC video. It'll explain the proper way to get it done better then we will. It'll also be a more useful strat for when you come back. Bringing armor pots for 25 people every week would get real old.
    I agree.

However i find my raid group and leader impossible to sway in the other direction. once he read that whole ai threat post he just decided that we could turn the fight into a gimick fight by taking off armor and being the first to take damage.

Now every single raid i have to listen to half cocked ideas of how he and all the other tanks are going to strip down alota armor and health.. and how 1 indistructible pot is a life saver to all clothies when they get focused. We are not building the group composition for high cc.. we are not discussing cc jobs well enough.. hell its like once he read that post he felt we could just go in there and take all our armor off to beat the boss. cc took a back seat.

While i agree that the whole threat post is a great resource. I believe its just a piece of info that will help us in our overall attempts to control the fight. The knowledge is great but in my raid they are turning it into a religion.

Correct me if im wrong. but for 25 togc faction champions isnt cc and control the most important part of the fight.

From what i can see we need to really build our raid group to succeed, we need to assign jobs like dispelling and kiting better...

Its just not in control all because that damn post made them think we could roll through it just by using some gimicks

Not to be disrespectful or everything, but you've already gotten several great pieces of advice in this thread. If you're then telling us it don't matter how great the advice is since he won't listen to you anyway, then maybe the strat isn't the problem. Maybe the raidleader or possibly the guild is.

yea, this fight is all about cc, in 10 or 25man, i've done it 5-6 times on both. everyone needs to know what targets they are responsible for cc'ing / interrupting and at the same time, know how to keep themselves alive if focused on by the opposing melee. unless of course you get deathgripped into a bladestorm while being judged by paly and melee'd by the dk all at the same time. happened to me once, raid leader was like 'cassa wtf, how'd you die', and as soon as i started to say how, he died too, so all i said was, 'like that'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootz
    Well no matter the comp we have really hard times.. we have never gotten a single person down.

Also currently we are employing a strategy i have never heard of.

our tanks take off shields and other pieces of armor.. and they hand out armor pots to all the clothies.

also our tanks dont want heals when they take damage.. they say the lower health they have the more they will be focused.. so they never want to be healed to full..

can anyone tell me if this is a legit strategy or not because it sounds awfully strange to me..

Now i have heard of one tank going in first to gain aggro. but i hear that is very spotty and not a reliable way to learn the encounter.

keep all on high/full hp. kepp 1 of the healers locked down, kite rogues/dks.
    disspell is hugeadwantage. Tremortotems.
    blow lust at the beginning taking down the healer with the least armor. u should however wait untill 5 stacks of sunder armor is up on the one u nuke. put a rogue or a prot warrior on the other healer. 3rd healer u shouldnt keep a dedicated player on. the random cc that players throw around is enough.

divine hymn. and the druid aoe heal is usable every stage of the fight. put priests on mass dispell and shield everyone.

be prepared to use defencive cooldowns in the start. a good start and getting their first healer down during your own heroism/bloodlust is essensial to win. having 2-3 people assigned to silence/stun/cc the healers is more efficient than everyone stunning as much as possible. diminishing return is huge. double cc is very bad.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!