Thread: hit rating

hit rating

I have a question about hit rating. I have 330 hit rating which according to ppl is to much but when im in a full raid with all the buffs wf bl etc i do more dps when i have 330 hit rating than when i have 202 when i unequip my mark of supremacy and equip the banner of victory, also i have more rage and my rage is usually full all the time which allows me to spam hs without having to care about rage because my rage regen is very high.

I understand the logic that u need only hit cap for the yellow attacks and that with the 3% from talents u only need 5% from gear, because its the main source of dmg but what i see on my recount shows something totally different and this logic is not working for me. I get an increase of 200-300 dps or even more when i have that much hit rating.

Re: hit rating

Those who play fury know better than I.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Chank
    Incorrect, you need 11% with 3/3 Precision and TG, which it sounds like you have. If you're alliance... cut another 1% if you have a squid in your group.

11% = 361
    You need 5% hit from gear with 3/3 precision, please refrain from posting missinformation. 5% = about 160something.

Quote Originally Posted by gerimias
    I have a question about hit rating. I have 330 hit rating which according to ppl is to much but when im in a full raid with all the buffs wf bl etc i do more dps when i have 330 hit rating than when i have 202 when i unequip my mark of supremacy and equip the banner of victory, also i have more rage and my rage is usually full all the time which allows me to spam hs without having to care about rage because my rage regen is very high.
    unless you consistently tested for months, one or two fights doesn't really mean much because of RNG (not to mention possibly different buffs, different fight mechanics, how often you're getting hit by aoe giving you extra rage, bad string of crits, bad string of misses, etc...). If you're spamming HS every attack your only white damage (what you need more than 5% hit for) is from your offhand which is a small part of your damage

STICKYS ARE YOUR FRIEND

Quote Originally Posted by *STICKY* DPS Warrior Basics - Hit/crit/expertise/str and more
    *** How much hit rating should I aim for?
    8% hit is the Fury soft cap and the Arms hard cap in a raid environment. 27% hit is the Fury hard cap.
    Fury: 164 hit rating with 3/3 in Precision.
    Arms: 263 hit rating.

*** How much expertise rating should I aim for?
    6.40% is the current hard cap for both Fury and Arms, which equals to 214 (26) expertise rating.
    Fury: 148 (18) expertise rating with 2/2 in Weapon Mastery.
    Arms: 181 (22) expertise rating with 2/2 in Strength of Arms.
    Subtract 41 (5) expertise rating if you're an Orc with axes or a Dwarf with maces.
    Subtract 24 (3) expertise rating if you're a Human with sword or maces. Source
    I included the Expertise in there because that may be an issue you are having without noticing. Oh and the smartassness of this post was directed at Chank because he is posting bad info.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

hit rating over the soft cap makes rage generation alot easier. if you have enough crit and expertise, and dont slack on AP and ArP, i agree with recount. keep the hit rating. mark of suprem is a great trinket anyways

15+ Year Old Account

I'd like you to tell that to every high end fury warrior that has cleared TOGC.
    You only need 164 hit. No more. The extra STR..Crit..ArP..that you sacrifice all that extra hit for is MUCH more worthwhile then not missing 3 or 4 whites in a boss fight.
    I run 170, I rarely miss whites, and I do about 7.5k dps single target.
    That's all you need.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns
    You only need 164 hit. No more. The extra STR..Crit..ArP..that you sacrifice all that extra hit for is MUCH more worthwhile then not missing 3 or 4 whites in a boss fight.
    That's all you need.
    I'm sorry, you rarely miss whites? 170 hitrating is 8.16% hit or something, counting talents, meaning you've got a dashing 18.9% chance to miss whites. Sure, it's not that bad, and I in no way argue that hit is a good stat, infact I agree with you, just that missing nearly 20% of the time is not what I would call rarely.

One out of every 5 white swings miss, how exactly is that rarely?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    I'm sorry, you rarely miss whites? 170 hitrating is 8.16% hit or something, counting talents, meaning you've got a dashing 18.9% chance to miss whites. Sure, it's not that bad, and I in no way argue that hit is a good stat, infact I agree with you, just that missing nearly 20% of the time is not what I would call rarely.

One out of every 5 white swings miss, how exactly is that rarely?
    Luck also plays a factor in EVERY thing you do in this game. The reason that I rarely miss whites is also the reason that at 50% crit raid buffed, on our TOGC 25 beast pull, I went 20 seconds without critting and applying deep wounds. It's chance. Some times things happen, nothing a roll of the dice can do about that.
    And it just varies. Sometimes you miss twice, three times, some times it's more. Some people are just lucky. I have really good luck with my hit, but terrible luck with my crit sometimes. Dry spells are a bitch. Going 20 seconds into a boss fight without critting is well, pretty ridiculous, but it happens.

Deleted

Luck also plays a factor in EVERY thing you do in this game. The reason that I rarely miss whites is also the reason that at 50% crit raid buffed, on our TOGC 25 beast pull, I went 20 seconds without critting and applying deep wounds. It's chance. Some times things happen, nothing a roll of the dice can do about that.
    And it just varies. Sometimes you miss twice, three times, some times it's more. Some people are just lucky. I have really good luck with my hit, but terrible luck with my crit sometimes. Dry spells are a bitch. Going 20 seconds into a boss fight without critting is well, pretty ridiculous, but it happens.
    What? I don't belive in luck, outside of the freak chains of shit luck or good luck. You will, even with bad luck, have an avarage. That avarage is that you miss one out of every five white swings you throw at a boss, no mather how you spin it that's how it is. Sure, on one encounter it might differ, but on the grand scale, it won't.

You may think you're often unlucky with crits, but you aren't, it's just that every time that you are, you remeber it as a freak streak of bad luck, while having regular, avarage, goings will not be noted in the same way.

I still would not call one out of every five hits rarely, but then again I'm not the one making word definitions so I'm probably arguging over nothing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    What? I don't belive in luck, outside of the freak chains of shit luck or good luck. You will, even with bad luck, have an avarage. That avarage is that you miss one out of every five white swings you throw at a boss, no mather how you spin it that's how it is. Sure, on one encounter it might differ, but on the grand scale, it won't.

You may think you're often unlucky with crits, but you aren't, it's just that every time that you are, you remeber it as a freak streak of bad luck, while having regular, avarage, goings will not be noted in the same way.

I still would not call one out of every five hits rarely, but then again I'm not the one making word definitions so I'm probably arguging over nothing.
    Well, then I don't know what to tell you haha.
    50% chance to crit, or hit, or whatever, is just that. A chance.
    It's not guaranteed.

Deleted

Well, then I don't know what to tell you haha.
    50% chance to crit, or hit, or whatever, is just that. A chance.
    It's not guaranteed.
    Oh thank you for telling me that, I had no idea.

You clearly don't know that sooner or later it'll come out on avarage. With 50% crit chance, eventually you'll see that on avarage, you did crit 50% of your attacks.

Same applies to misses, it avarages out. I don't care for your lose in combat observations as you only remeber when you either have GOOD or BAD luck, in general atleast, as the avarageness isn't noticed by your 'flawless' mind becuse that's not out of the ordinary.

Merge a couple of hours worth of logs and you'll see I'm right.

That's all you need.
    I can do about 5.5k dps and half my gear is 226ilvl some 232 and 4-5 245ilvl and weapons 232 and 219. I believe with full 245 i lvl gear and weapons in togc with a full raid i could pull that dps even i kept the same hit rating.
    I dont even have two t9 items for the first bonus set.