Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: PUG with Blues, 3.3 Emblems, Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Numptydumbty
    You must be a right laugh to pug with /not.

Learn some tolerance, or is that beyond you ?
    Firstly, why are you comparing reading skills to pugging?

Secondly, as a tank... i make sure i pug with a healer i can trust. DPS can do whatever they like.

Thirdly, As a healer... see my second point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske
    2) I'm talking about a fresh 80. You wont be getting into any higher ilvl instances for a while.
    Thanks to TOC5 regular, boe gear and reputation gear its really not that hard to gear up to run heroics at 80. Healers and dps really won't need to gear up at all. Tanks will end up gearing up however. My dk gear template has 29k health, defense cap, 21 dodge, 15 parry, 37 expertise (way to much but the items are simply to good not to use) and 4% hit (which is close to cap for heroic dungeons). Its all gear that is either obtainable before stepping foot in a heroic. I've been thinking about just skipping that whole step throwing on some dps gear and gearing up in heroics.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    Firstly, why are you comparing reading skills to pugging?

Secondly, as a tank... i make sure i pug with a healer i can trust. DPS can do whatever they like.

Thirdly, As a healer... see my second point.
    Because I have read your other posts having a go at ethnic groups perhaps ? Now you're having a go at someone who failed to read something properly - you don't seem to have much tolerance for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    Call me elitist, but it still devalues all the effort I put it in to my main. Sure, for my it's definitely content > gear (my guild is still pushing for that Algalon kill) but I thought good gear was supposed to be a reward for good work. I certainly thought it my reward to job well done, the icing on that cake of epic feeling when you down a hard boss.
    Really? Did you really think that emblems of triumph were ever hard to get? I don't know very many people that actually thought that. Also, shouldn't you be bitching about emblems of frost dropping in 10 man because that "puts casuals on the same scale as us uber hardcores just because they can farm through 10 man which anyone can do".
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Numptydumbty
    Because I have read your other posts having a go at ethnic groups perhaps ? Now you're having a go at someone who failed to read something properly - you don't seem to have much tolerance for anyone.
    Haha, i thought i recognised your name.

You are the same "Self Proclaimed Idiot Defender" from last week arn't you?

You read ONE post, where i made a joke in a thread which was ENTIRELY BASED on the joke... and you got defensive.

I see i can now ignore the rest of your posts and carry on.

I tolerate alot, just not idiots, morons and you.

If Blizzard has finally caught on to the idea that levelling to 80 shouldn't be followed by weeks or months of dailies and heroics before you can actually set foot in an end-game raid, they're getting smart.

Someone asks "but what if a fresh 80 farms normal TOC for a day to get some epics and then farms random LFG heroics for two days and has a full set of 9.1 to take to raid?", and I answer "about time". The long gap between reaching 80 and being *functional* at level 80 is just senseless and annoying, and anything that can be done to reduce it without fundamentally rebalancing the game is an improvement.

Anyone who feels their work is devalued... suck it up buttercup! Blizzard made you do something senselessly long and stupid. It therefore logically follows that everyone after you has to also do something senselessly long and stupid? Of course not! And you're going to make alts eventually, right? So, you get the benefit of them fixing the problem too.

[list]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadram
    Or maybe people feels that tankhas been left out to much, that they are considered less then other classes.
    Yes, almost guaranteeing you a spot in a guild that you never have to fight for unless you suck is a bad thing amirite?

• No epic Quel'delar quest chain for tanks with the only excuse that they do not feel like it and tanks can get other weapons
    Tanks already get spots in raids easier and your normal raid only has 2-3 tanks. Those 2-3 tanks gear faster than any other classes because of all the gear designed specifically for them. Most dps classes are competing with at least 8 other players. So, TANKS SHOULD GET GEAR FROM RAIDS!

• No real tanking enchant with +sta left out with the reason that tanks would find it good and actually use it. (think what rage there would have been if +spellpower was left out since every caster uses that..)
    What the hell you mean there is no good tanking enchant? What the hell do you think blood draining and blade warding are? Oh, and the reason 40 stamina on a one handed weapon was left out had nothing to do with "tanks [finding] it good" and everything to do with it being overpowered as all hell in pvp. You were allowing a DW to add 80 stamina with this enchant.

• No Kirin Tor tank ring, not even one of the upcoming upgrades ones in 3.3
    Tanks have much easier access to much better rings and they don't have to spend 8-9k for the best one. Most people I know don't even go near the KoT ring unless its much better than anything else they have access to. This ring is a gold sink. Its not something you buy because you want to, its something you buy because its better than anything else you will ever get a hold of.

The only real reason tanks have to bitch is the defense game. It gets old having to regem/enchant for defense at every upgrade. They are also the only ones that really have to pre-gear for an encounter in order to perform well in the encounter. A great deal of this will hopefully be addressed in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash
    The long gap between reaching 80 and being *functional* at level 80 is just senseless and annoying, and anything that can be done to reduce it without fundamentally rebalancing the game is an improvement.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    Call me elitist, but it still devalues all the effort I put it in to my main.
    That's not elitist. That's stupid. My fourth alt who has never ran a raid with my guild ever is already blowing Triumph emblems on crusader orbs to sell. Triumph emblems were never hard to get on the same level that Valor or Conquest were. It is currently possible to get 84 emblems of Triumph per week max, unless my math is off. Realistically, though, pugs aren't running TotGC 10/25 every week so we'll ignore those and call it 54. As opposed to 25 Valor when WotLK came out.(I'm ignoring Conquest because I don't feel like figuring out hard modes dropping extra, and Ulduar 10 hard modes dropping some) Adding on to the fact that TotC 10 and 25 is retardedly easier than Naxx or Maly 25 ever were when WotLK was released.(Sarth was still a joke and free Valor emblems, though)

I'm sorry, but your Triumph emblem bought gear means nothing now and never has. Triumph emblems were a joke to aquire since they were released and were meant to be. The entire point of patch 3.2 was to allow casual players to gear up to fight Arthas in 10 man regular Icecrown.(I personally can't wait for the people who can't kill any of the hard mode ICC bosses whining about how easy it is.)

Also, other people doing something you can do three months after you did it in no way devaules anything, unless you have serious self esteem issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    What the hell you mean there is no good tanking enchant? What the hell do you think blood draining and blade warding are?
    Terrible tanking enchants that no knowledgeable tanks ever use. Go look at the Armories of tanks from the top guild on your realm. I guarantee you their main tanks are still using MONGOOSE.

10+ Year Old Account

Teh Gladiators comic shit as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by snootay
    Terrible tanking enchants that no knowledgeable tanks ever use. Go look at the Armories of tanks from the top guild on your realm. I guarantee you their main tanks are still using MONGOOSE.
    Grafarion, MT of Vodka - Blood Draining.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ns&n=Grafarion

Sco. MT of Method - Blood Draining.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...=Sco&gn=Method

Tuuttiz, MT of Paragon - Blood Draining.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lade&n=Tuuttiz

All top end guilds. Yeah, some tanks still use Mongoose (Kungen and Xav for example) but a lot of the top guild MTs are using Blood Draining.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Oh, and the reason 40 stamina on a one handed weapon was left out had nothing to do with "tanks [finding] it good" and everything to do with it being overpowered as all hell in pvp.
    PVP precluding things for the rest of us, what else is new?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by kildal
    well i don't think many people can say they've done every heroic in a day often :P so nothing particulary new.
    I've done it several times.. to get my mounts, to get the new conquest items and shortly to finish off an entire triumph set. In 1 days work i'll be able to get more than i got in 6 weeks of clearing toc/togc10 and togc25. Especially if you add naxx, os, os25, ony, ony25 into the mix. People will only run Toc*.* to fight over trophies now!

not to mention you will have people doing the pug one all the time fighting over the mount which i'm sure will be an achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash
    If Blizzard has finally caught on to the idea that levelling to 80 shouldn't be followed by weeks or months of dailies and heroics before you can actually set foot in an end-game raid, they're getting smart.

Someone asks "but what if a fresh 80 farms normal TOC for a day to get some epics and then farms random LFG heroics for two days and has a full set of 9.1 to take to raid?", and I answer "about time". The long gap between reaching 80 and being *functional* at level 80 is just senseless and annoying, and anything that can be done to reduce it without fundamentally rebalancing the game is an improvement.

Anyone who feels their work is devalued... suck it up buttercup! Blizzard made you do something senselessly long and stupid. It therefore logically follows that everyone after you has to also do something senselessly long and stupid? Of course not! And you're going to make alts eventually, right? So, you get the benefit of them fixing the problem too.
    I agree. For a game with so many players who tout their mad skillz its amazing how many dont want others with equal gear (or in many cases last patch's throwbacks) to put that skill to the test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Deleted

god, wtf is Teh Gladiators about anyways >.<

Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior
    god, wtf is Teh Gladiators about anyways >.<
    Isn't the original premise supposed to be lolrena?

I dunno, I never read the stupid thing.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Collected
    So let's see...

Tier 9 requires 210 Emblems of Triumph for the 5 piece set.

Max emblems dropped from 5 man heroics is currently 5. It will be 7 post patch.

So if you ran ramdom heroics all week and got lucky with the ones that drop 5 emblems (7 post patch) every time, it would take 30 heroics to get all 5 pieces of the Tier 9 set.

This would be the quickest way to get the full set. You won't be that lucky tho, so it will probably take more like 40 runs or something but even still.. spread over a week or two that is easily do-able.

You forgot Naxx 10/25, OS 10/25, Ony 10/25, TOGC 10/25, TOGC 10/25 and heroics will all drop badges. You can do all of those raids in a single day and have an entire T9 set.. (also rememberin that T9 drops in some of those raids anyway..)

Quote Originally Posted by Nefario
    I agree. For a game with so many players who tout their mad skillz its amazing how many dont want others with equal gear (or in many cases last patch's throwbacks) to put that skill to the test.
    You over simply things.. its not about gear, its about skill. I think many raiders get dissapointed that people who can't even clear TOC regular will be sporting ilvl 245 gear in a matter of days while those who did the raid thing may have spent literally weeks or months fighting over gear.

Toc clears happen in an hour.. so i don't want to hear "don't have time to raid" either.. if you can clear a heroic you can clear toc 10/25 regular.

having equal gear doesn't mean "putting skill to test".. does equal gear mean you know the fight? know how to survive? can follow directions or lead groups? does it mean you know the most effective strategy? T9 gear doesn't make you more competitive that t8 or t8.5

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Collected
    So let's see...

Tier 9 requires 210 Emblems of Triumph for the 5 piece set.

Max emblems dropped from 5 man heroics is currently 5. It will be 7 post patch.

So if you ran ramdom heroics all week and got lucky with the ones that drop 5 emblems (7 post patch) every time, it would take 30 heroics to get all 5 pieces of the Tier 9 set.

This would be the quickest way to get the full set. You won't be that lucky tho, so it will probably take more like 40 runs or something but even still.. spread over a week or two that is easily do-able.

And if we assume the wait time for these random groups will be virtually instant and with no waiting around for people to make their way to instance of filling that last spot, then it will make it so easy.

What I am confused about however is how does the random system put together the groups? Does it assume every heroic requires 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 dps and group accordingly?

Edit: Just realised my logic is a bit flawed as the first run of every day will drop 2 frost, not triumph.. so spread over a few days it will be more than 30. But you get the idea.
    Nice. So now i know what to do on Patchday and the following Days. Random Heroics. The Fact that i don´t have a raiding guild and that my Gear is a bit outdated makes me wanna do that. 30-40 Heroics sounds doable for the whole T9 Set. And then maybe a few other things like Trinkets and so on.

Go Blizz bring out 3.3.