Thread: Above 5k dps!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Above 5k dps!

Hi, i need some help with getting my dps higher in raids usualy Toc10-Toc25/25man heroic.

I am an Blood dps Dk, but im usualy on 4,4k dps on an average, if i pop trinkets coldowns etc i can get all upp to 6k dps.
    Im using the standard blood dps build who is 51/0/20 and my rotation is like EJs...
    IT-PS-HS-HS-DS-runic dump there i usualy spanw my ghoul or just DC then-HS 4 times and DS.
    Rinse Reapeat.
    My other rotation including CD and trinket is:
    IT-PS-Victorscall=230Ap per attack 20sec-HS-HS-DS-Hysteria-DRW-
    IT-PS-HS 4 times and DS...

thats the usualy rotations im doing, but we got another blood Dk in our guild same spec as me and same rotation but he got 4P T9,5 i only got 2P, but he is laying on 5,5k-6k dps the hole time, is this becuse the disease crit thicking from 4P set bonus or??

I would love all the help,tipe and tricks to maybe improve my dps.
    im reading the EJs almost everytime but cant seem to find anything to improve my dps.

On my gear i know i got ALOT of expertise but that comes from my gear so cant do anything about that, and i gonna impr my hit rating abit also we got draenei in raid.
    Armory link is:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...+Batol&n=Paraf

Re: Above 5k dps!

Get some moar gear.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Not to completely shoot it down but you CAN get rid of exp by maximizing which gear you choose...

Otherwise, more/more managed gear and stats

Also, judging from the armory link you could use a good bit more ArP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Those motherfuckers have lasers for all we know.

Agreed with the above poster, just because a piece of plate drops does not mean its an upgrade for you, your over high exp is purely your own fault you should have passed on these items and roll/bidded on items which actually make sense.

That in mind always have a plan, what part do i want, what will this do to my hit/exp, what do i need to do if anything to help balance this change>?

Until those thoughts run through your mind every time you see new loot you will not progress as you sound like your rotation/spec are fine, on a side note a lot of the made parts dont have exp on them, consider investing in these, in short get out there and farm

gl

If hyperbole were food the internet would never go hungry...

Deleted

Get 4 t9 pices + go unholy = win!

Get some more gear, stop rolling on things with Exp, focus on some items with Hit.
    Enchant your cloak and your shoulders, and read Ensidias DK forum instead of EJs.
    http://www.ensidia.com/home/guides/d...-dps-guide-32/

Wow, no joke about the expertise.

O.k if your taking the time and have the intelligence to visit Elitist Jerks, perhaps you could at least
    use epic gems. As far as i can see you have 6.8 percent hit, even with the 1 percent hit aura that still
    leaves you at 7.8, not exactly the worst position in the world, but you got 2 blue gems in a 245 belt, also a blue gem in the boots I so envy, which makes me sad.

You should look into crafting the 245 crusader orb gear, replacing the chest and bracers gets rid of the unwanted expertise, and the obvious other upgrades. I know on my server the price of crusader orbs have dropped to about 700 gold to 800 gold which is not the terribly difficult to get.

Hell even right now i bet you could benefit from getting the terrible 245 triumph badges trinket and replace that with victors call, and swap out the hit gems for strength.

things you need to fix

-your weapon- obisidians edge is a DK tanking weapon.. lose it
    -victors call- LOL, worst trinket ever invented...lose it
    -ring of grobbulus? terrible..buy the 245 ring
    -GET EPIC GEMS DUMMY, replace victors call with the 245 bought hit rating trinket, and replace ALL your hit rating gems with +20 str, or ArP, w/e works best for DKs

i really hope im not looking at a case of (omg this item has high IL i use it lolz,) then suffers in DPS cuz they dont know how to itemize themselves and wonder what happened.

idk if DKs use haste, or how it really effects them, but if it doesnt, toss it all. (i have 1 item with haste gear, and the only reason i use it is because the leggs i want just havent dropped)

btw im a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank
    things you need to fix

-GET EPIC GEMS DUMMY, replace victors call with the 245 bought hit rating trinket, and replace ALL your hit rating gems with +20 str, or ArP, w/e works best for DKs

i really hope im not looking at a case of (omg this item has high IL i use it lolz,) then suffers in DPS cuz they dont know how to itemize themselves and wonder what happened.

idk if DKs use haste, or how it really effects them, but if it doesnt, toss it all. (i have 1 item with haste gear, and the only reason i use it is because the leggs i want just havent dropped)

btw im a warrior.
    Pretty good infos here

Couple people covered it already, you seem to not know what stats you need for what spec you're playing. I suggest you go spend some quality time on EJs forum or the ensidia forum using the link already posted in here.
    Grab the craptastic 245 HIT trinket and regem all that crap, lose the non epic gems. Just gem str after getting the Hit trinket. oh and yes the 4pc t9 is OP atm so you will see a big difference if you get that asap, its really op for UH specs but will definitely be a boost in every spec.

Some enchants are bad, like the gauntlets enchant. 44 AP is better, one you get the hit trinket you can put 32 ap on your boots. Enchant your cloak (23haste)

Haste atm is a good stat for UH DKs, not so much for blood DKs, as I said, go do some of your own research and you will be a better player for it. Stop rolling on every ilvl245 thinking it will make you better...=p

Quote Originally Posted by steffen1990
    Im using the standard blood dps build who is 51/0/20 and my rotation is like EJs...
    IT-PS-HS-HS-DS-runic dump there i usualy spanw my ghoul or just DC then-HS 4 times and DS.
    Rinse Reapeat.
    My other rotation including CD and trinket is:
    IT-PS-Victorscall=230Ap per attack 20sec-HS-HS-DS-Hysteria-DRW-
    IT-PS-HS 4 times and DS...
    The rotation stuck out at me a little bit. The second portion of your rotation isn't possible unless you use empowered rune weapon, because that requires 8 runes.

What I think you mean to go for in your regular rotation is something like this:

IT-PS-HS-HS-DS-DC-HW
    DS-HS-HS-HS-HS-DC-DC

As for using your hysteria/dancing rune weapon to apply extra diseases, I think you were meaning this:

IT-PS-HS-HS-DS-HW-Hys-DRW
    IT-PS-HS-HS-HS-HS-DC

Haste increases the damage done by Necrosis and Blood-Caked Blade, which add damage to your normal melee swings. Blood and Unholy DPS find them mandatory, don't know about Frost because Frost doesn't interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater
    Blood and Unholy DPS find them mandatory, don't know about Frost because Frost doesn't interest me.
    That's not exactly right.
    UH using the 10sec rotation likes haste
    UH not using the 10sec rotation (ie: pre 3.2 & post 3.3) will not like haste
    In fact, in 3.3, Agility will be worth more APE than haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Wow.. 57 expertise and using Victor's Call..

10+ Year Old Account

get the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47734 and then socket with str insteada hit.

Nightmare's tear in a red slot makes me really wanna :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
    Same goes for Expertise hardcap (Pro Tip: you can DPS the boss from the front with that gear)

Little to no Armor Penetration. Get more, plus if you have access to Throim Hm on 10 man get a Mjolnir Runestone for the proc.

Also, how in Christ's name do you have 57 Expertise? You only need 26 >_> Lose the Expertise.

But ArP ArP ArP.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Hehe, thx for all the tips i know i had alot of expertise but that came from gear who was better than what i had and its true,
    and now i have runned some more ToTc25 and got myself the chest from faction champs and gloves from anub i think and now im hit capped (with gems ofc) and got 4% more armor pen.

and now i got enough triumpgh emblems for hit trinket and bloodshed bank the ring with hit rating but dont know wich one i will have most use of!

If i i get the new ring i can replace ring of grobbulus ( i know have had bad luck with rings) or if im buying the hit trinket i shal replace victors call right?

and btw with those 2 new pieces of gear i got from raid my dps incresed 400dps on dummy from 3,3k-3.7k

and one more time Thx for all the help.

Something is seriously fubar with your game...

I pull 2.9-3k consistently on HC dummy in my toc5/toc5 HC/nax25 gear !

200/213/219 gear !

http://chardev.org/?profile=319996

Fixed your gems, enchants and glyphs. Changed your AP ring to the Triumph strength one, changed your Expertise trinket to the hit rating one from Triumphs. Changed your bracers to better ones from TotC5 heroic. Changed your Mirror of Truth to a Banner of Victory from Totc5 normal for the lovely 6% armor pen which you badly need.

With a standard blood IT>PS>HS>HS>DS>Rp Dump>DS>HS>HS>HS>HS>Rp Dump rotation you should do some great dps. Plus, if you find a weapon upgrade with no expertise, you're only about 1 gem away from being capped so you have room to upgrade.

things you need to fix

btw im a warrior.

actually I think youll find Victors Call is a beautiful trinket for someone in the case of myself.

I actually tend to lack on expertise so when the hc version came along I had no worries putting that in in replacement to one of my shitty trinkets =]

besides the Use = nice burst damage when coupled with DRW, Hysteria, Poton of Speed and Raise Ghoul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldun
    Its the Fresh Cum from the argent tournament daily. It spawns a shark in any swimmable water.