Tanking Trinkets

I'm a Warrior tank, been doing 10 and 25 mode ToC for a while, and my guild basically has them on farm, i'm using both the Brewfest Stamina trinkets in my tanking set (which i'm a little embarrassed about) my question is should i switch one out for one of my dodge trinkets? i believe i have somewhere around 25% dodge atm, with both my stam trinkets on i have 40k health unbuffed, but it seems like i am takeing more damage than i should at my gear level, helpful comments would be appreciated

Re: Tanking Trinkets

kinda hard to say w/o looking at the rest of your gear set up, in raids generally EH is the way to go.

The black heart from toc 5 man normal is great for that.

what do you meen by EH not familiar with the acronym

10+ Year Old Account

My armory is in my signatur, take a look and PM me =D
    Got the same problem as Snikdagit

My Armory
    TBH, I really like cookies.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47882#contained-in-object is quite nice too to get some extra avoidance
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Oh right. Most fail response.

Me: "Hey, I see you're in queue for Heroic Trial of the Champion. We need a ranged DPS, would you like to join us?"
    Hunter: yah it suxx but the doc gave me a shampoo to kill the crabs
    Hunter: MT

EH is effective health. Since you're doing 10 and 25 man ToC I'd recommend getting Juggernaut's Vitality, Eitrigg's Oath and paying your friend Ignis The Furnace Master a visit to get the Iron Heart. Iron Heart + Juggs tend to be the two trinkets tanks normally keep on (Dodge on Demand on iron Heart is awesome and 192 stam is amazing for taking the big hits). If you wind up needing more avoidance go with the Eitriggs Oath in place of one of them for the extra dodge. Though, wear whatever stam trinkets you have over non stam trinkets.

15+ Year Old Account

if it's just normal modes on farm, your guild must be fairly geared with 245s by now, so i'd personally drop a Brewfest trinket for something more fun as the encounters aren't exactly taxing.

mkay thanks for the advice, i have Eitrig's oath already, been waiting for a while on Jug's vitality, damn thing never drops :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Snikdagit
    what do you meen by EH not familiar with the acronym
    EH means effective health... it has to do with theory crafting on figuring out what your survivability is when you factor in health and all your avoidance and mitigation.

Here are some resources:

Effective Health Theory
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f192/...th-theory.html

Effective Health Calculator
    http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t13648-e...th_calculator/

The Black Heart
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Trinket
    +126 Stamina
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 200
    Equip: Each time a melee attack strikes you, you have a chance to gain 7056 armor for 10 sec.

this is extremely easy to get and provides for better EH than the brewmaster trinks. (unless you are already armour capped)

Relative DPS reduction for each 5k armor 0 23% 19% 16% 14% 12% 11%

so with you sitting at 25k armour that 7k proc is going to reduce your dmg taken by over 12% for the loss of ~700 hp which is about 2% of your hp.

Deleted

I use 2 Sta trinkets personally:

Heart of Iron
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Trinket
    +162 Stamina
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 226
    Use: Increases dodge rating by 432 for 20 sec.

Satrina's Impeding Scarab
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Trinket
    +192 Stamina
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 245
    Use: Increases maximum health by 4610 for 15 sec. Shares cooldown with Battlemaster's trinkets.

yes both of those are better than the brefest trinks and the black heart, was simply suggesting a better option that is really easy to get.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

onyxia's blood talisman has pretty good avoidance now that parry got buffed and dodge got nerfed. if u need a easely obtainable trinket then take that one.

I think HP stacking is still the way to go... espc w/ the debuff in IC coming.