Feral Moonkin spec Viable?

This is a spec I made from curiosity, not sued it yet, but do you think it would be viable?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...&version=10747

Post yourthoghts and opinions!

Re: Feral Moonkin spec Viable?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeltentat
    This is a spec I made from curiosity, not sued it yet, but do you think it would be viable?
    No way!!

83priest, 81mage, 81death knight, 70paladin, 68 shaman, 55warrior, 43rouge, 39warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy
    No way!!
    Expand on that.
    It has eclipse, it has many important balance talents, and it has Survival of the fittest from Feral!
    Expand on why you think it wouldn't work.

no... SP vs agi crit just dont work... there is no gains in this spec.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

The gain is for the 6% ireaseto all attributes really.

Why suck at two things when you can be good at one?

So let me get this straight, you wanna give up on a ton of damage, just so you can spend 28 points in feral to get +6% int and +6% spirit? Hell, even getting just improved motw gives you 2% increased int/spi, while you dont need to spend 25 talent points on useless talents

Quote Originally Posted by Zleepnir
    Why suck at two things when you can be good at one?
    This!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Expand on that.
    It has eclipse, it has many important balance talents, and it has Survival of the fittest from Feral!
    Because you cant have 2 sets of gear at the same time... if you pick a balance set then feral wont have any damage/crit which it needs for any CC ability, you have eclipse + NG which make up 80% of the damage but due to the damage in pvp you wont be able to benefit as much, you gain 6 % stats + SI.

If this isn't for pvp then why bother duel spec balance/feral and stop caring.

sorry but druid hybrid specs right now aren't worth it ( thats anything over 30 points in another tree )
    the normal set are ofc fine... specing a few points into resto for omen of clarity ect..
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

Well, it was just a thought that came to mind earlier, I udnerstand your points though.

If i used this, id only be using balance gear, as i siad, it's mainly for the increase (horrible typo earlier) of 6% to all attributes.

Considerign how I was asking about druids, yes, that would be very viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindamage23
    your forum name is fitting

Expand on that.
    why the hell specc 28 points into feral if ur playing chiken? gues a balance/resto combo might work, for PvP.Why? Both of the needs spellpower and int. for feral and balance u will both meele and caster gear to do something, and if u found a way to equip to set of gear at the same time, then you found a way to make this work, if not this will never work

Quote Originally Posted by Braindamage23
    this works. why? because both specc is caster specces

83priest, 81mage, 81death knight, 70paladin, 68 shaman, 55warrior, 43rouge, 39warlock

That spec is NOT viable at all be it PvP or PvE. You gain more from imp MotW, E&M, FoN, CF etc etc than you do from the measly 6% to attributes that you gain by wasting 25 points in Feral.

So to answer you threads question, no, Feral Moonkin is NOT viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted

Well, it was just a thought that came to mind earlier, I udnerstand your points though.

If i used this, id only be using balance gear, as i siad, it's mainly for the increase (horrible typo earlier) of 6% to all attributes.
    But what would you actually gain from that? If we look at my pure stats, right now, +6% would give me a grand total of:

25,98 spirit or 8,66 spellpower and 68,82 intellect or 8,2584 spellpower, for a grand total of 17 more spellpower. Staggering!

How do you think your 17-spellpower-for-28-talent-points compare to the +13% damage you would get from Earth and Moon? The 3% haste you lose from Celestial Focus? The 3% hit and crit from Imp. Faerie Fire? Heck, you even have four points wasted in genesis, the crappiest DPS talent in all of the balance tree.

How did you reckon this would be worth anything?

Never assume you have an original thought. It's either A: already thought of and being used or B: really god damn stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zleepnir
    Why suck at two things when you can be good at one feral?
    Fixt

Also, Getefix speaks the truth
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    Never assume you have an original thought. It's either A: already thought of and being used or B: really god damn stupid.
    putting this in a sig somewhere for posterity

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    But what would you actually gain from that? If we look at my pure stats, right now, +6% would give me a grand total of:

25,98 spirit or 8,66 spellpower and 68,82 intellect or 8,2584 spellpower, for a grand total of 17 more spellpower. Staggering!

How do you think your 17-spellpower-for-28-talent-points compare to the +13% damage you would get from Earth and Moon? The 3% haste you lose from Celestial Focus? The 3% hit and crit from Imp. Faerie Fire? Heck, you even have four points wasted in genesis, the crappiest DPS talent in all of the balance tree.

How did you reckon this would be worth anything?
    What Qieth said. The talents you've picked from feral hardly support your main spec as boomkin. You've basically taken the feral survival talents at the cost of a lot of boomkin damage and boomkin survival talents. Trade-off isn't worth it, imo.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville