Raging Deathbringer

I received the Raging Deathbringer (245) from Ony 25man this past week and am having a hard time believing that it specs out so poorly in RAWR. Granted, I knew it would come in slightly lower than some of the 232 gear and most, if not all, of the 245+, but it's even comparing worse than some of the 213-226 weapons. The DW DKs seem to think pretty highly of it, but i know some of that has to do with their talents affecting the proc. Granted, it has no stats, but at this point I'm even wondering if it's worth enchanting with berserker. The 2.7 speed and top end damage just looks so nice . . .

Sim of Velen

Re: Raging Deathbringer

Why dont you actually try it first and not place all your faith in rawr. And no FC is still the best enchant you can get for your weapon

WTH is FC?

As for an enchant for an enhance shaman, who's not a DK, who wouldn't use runeforging to enchant their weapons, because they're a shaman, and not a DK, then berserking is the best enchant for an enhance shaman (who isn't a DK).

So rawr is showing that weapon now? I'm going to have to sim it, as I got the 245 and 232 versions of it, that nobody else wanted.

Its a shaman he cant use FC. and I think its a pretty solid weapon simply because of its damage and speed. go ahead and test it out i find it worth it.

I am using it, but not sure if I want to spend the cash on the enchant. I tend to stay poor, so that enchant is a big investment for me. The 690 top end in my main hand just seems so nice for crits and WF, so I'll probably go ahead and bite the bullet with the enchant.

I'd love to see some other feedback from those who do have it and see what ya'll think. Thanks!

I'd try it on the heroic dummy before making any decisions. I've been wanting to try the i245 version on my rogue vs my i232 MH axe just for giggles, but I haven't gotten the drop yet.

Gnomes are allowed to be heroic? . . . OH! nm, you meant a training dummy . . .

Last time i checked, Rawr didnt account for the proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089
    Why dont you actually try it first and not place all your faith in rawr. And no FC is still the best enchant you can get for your weapon
    Forum fail... he's a shaman.

I do have to agree that people place way, way too much faith in their little gear mods though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Deleted

I've said it before I'll say it again I'm not about to waste time trying to model its proc in Rawr when all the testing so far suggests its very poor. So yes it is in Rawr but NO the proc isn't modelled and unless another Rawr developer adds the proc isn't going to be modelled.

If you don't like that go write the code yourself, and supply a patch. We'd be happy to apply a patch. Our focus is on Rawr 3 - at present I really can't afford development time on something that's not a good weapon.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Simokahn
    I am using it, but not sure if I want to spend the cash on the enchant. I tend to stay poor, so that enchant is a big investment for me. The 690 top end in my main hand just seems so nice for crits and WF, so I'll probably go ahead and bite the bullet with the enchant.

I'd love to see some other feedback from those who do have it and see what ya'll think. Thanks!
    If you want to test it then do it on the PTR. Run the launcher and click the Public Test button to install it etc.

That way you can blow the cash on the enchant and test it on the PTR and not spend a penny (cent (copper)) of your gold on the live servers.

Going to the PTR is a great suggestion and I appreciate it.

Secondly, I don't believe I was critical of RAWR in my opening post. In fact, I find the information in RAWR to be invaluable and use it all the time. Personally, I just thought the item was bugged and was wondering if any enhance shaman were using it. I've been a bit unlucky with weapon drops on Anub, so I was looking for viable alternatives.

Lastly, I did run some limited tests on some gnomes (heroic dummy's), and found that having (MH/OH) Insanity's Grip/Lion's Maw gave 100 more dps than Raging Deathbringer/Lion's Maw. Lion's Maw/Battlestar, however, was about the same as Raging Deathbringer/Lion's Maw. BUT, this was before I had RD enchanted. So, I expect to see RD/LW be at least equivalent to IG/LW after the enchant. BTW, the tests also showed that the proc on the axe was nearly 2 times per minute (32.7 seconds per proc on the tests).

So, if I had 245 weapons from TOC, I'd use them. Since I don't, RD is a viable option until then.

Deleted

Its possibly a 30sec CD with a 2 sec cast time. We have no info on whether its affected by say spellpower? If so what's the co-efficient? What is the actual proc chance? What is the Cooldown? etc

If someone comes up with all of that and makes a patch for Rawr. I'll happily add it to the Rawr.Base code.

sorry nothing to back this up, but thought i would add my experience with this:

I have 2 x 178dps weapons from toc 232 level, I got the RDB

my 2 x 232 weapons = 4200 dps (over 10 minutes no wolves or buffs)
    raging with 1 x 232 weapon = 4160 dps (same again)

OK small sample etc - but for me pretty clear. I got a proc rate of 2 ppm / (5% ish in line with what others have) normal hits 1700 and crit 2700

I still use the 2x232 for pve, but i use the RDB for PVP for the burst... whether this is actually beneficial or not im not certain, feels like it... but probably not... just cant get myself to give up a 196dps weapon... they really need to buff this weapon a little to make it worth its value.

This was not showing in Rawr for me but I went into edit items and found it. I added an effect to deal the average shadow damage at a 4.6% proc rate (which someone had found testing on a dummy). It's now showing it as basically my highest dps option, which obviously I don't trust. I imagine if it was this easy to account for the proc then someone would have mentioned it before, but I wonder why doing it this way wouldn't work? It is 0.1 slower than the higher ilvl options, and I know slower = better in general. But even so I know this should not be my best in slot. (I'm a DK, not shaman, but the question is more about Rawr and the specific weapon).

This is my first post on these forums, so I don't really have senority backing me on my claims, but a friend and I were speculating that Dual-wielding Raging Deathbringers with either Berserking / Mongoose or Mongoose / Mongoose on them would yield better results. Considering that after a point it's been proven that Haste > Attack Power for Enhancement Shamans, the 2% Haste proc from Mongoose would contribute considerably to overall melee damage done; and, if you did go with Dual Mongoose, the procs could stack, resulting in an additional 4% melee haste. If the internal CD on the proc is too great, though, the stacking Haste wouldn't be as valuable as believed, resulting in Berserking > Mongoose.

However, I haven't personally been able to get my hands on even one of those weapons, so I'm unable to test it myself; I don't exactly know the specs and whatnot of how the proc on the weapon operates and if it scales with anything, but it seems like a pretty good setup.

Deleted

They are poor weapons even before patch 3.3 hits. With the patch 3.3 weapons they are no more than a free shard. If you aren't able to clear ToC10 or ToC25 (normal mode) or have no luck in Ulduar on normal mode and there aren't any tankards from brewfest on sale then perhaps these would be ok. If you can do any of the above they are rubbish.

NB. the enchant you put on them doesn't make any difference to whether they are good or not. Mongoose is a strictly inferior enchant to Berserking regardless of what weapon you put it on. Our only decent weapon enchant at present is berserking. Mongoose was the previous patch enchant its not that good now, what the weapon is isn't a factor. Mongoose is an old enchant, in fact its not even that cheap these days on many servers the mats price is more than berserking.