you meet the wierdest people in H ToC...

So i was on my mage, who happens to be my alt, but i can still do about 3.6k in any given heroic. I was running with some guildies. One was a holy Pali (who is freakin good. he single heals the tunnel in 25 man thorim), another was a warlock, and the 4th was an elemental shaman. All we needed was a tank, so in my hunger for those champion's seals i asked in trade chat for a tank. A paladin responds with "36k hp pali", so i invite him thinking that he could easily tank H ToC... boy was i wrong.

So we zone in and get the jousting overwith, and start buffing up to actually fight. In my unit frames, something i would hardly ever notice, i see that our pali tank has 14k mana. No alarms went off in my head, and for that reason i expect to be flamed. He pulls, and starts taking horrible spike damage, i shoot one fireball, rip aggro and have to ice block. once ice block came off, i threw up a living bomb and shot a frostbolt, and pulled aggro again and popped mirror images. Then our warlock dies, the ele shaman dies, i go invisible and watch our healer die, then the tank die.

We get back in as our healer asks of the tank "why were you healing yourself in the middle of the fight?" to which he respsonds "so i can live, duh"

The warlock in our group is the main Pali tank for our guild, and he asks "Do you understand how mitigation works, and that if you are healing yourself you have no mitigation?"

he responded with "well i jsut dont trust healers, i've died a lot in here." we rofl'd at him. then we inspected him and i think i actually shit my pants when i saw what he was wearing. he was tnaking in Holy PvP gear. we asked him why he felt he could tank in that gear and he said "because this gear gives me a lot of health and enough mana to heal myself when the healers suck"

unfortunately we were already inside the instance, so instead of booting him i had everone zone out, i pulled the boss, and went invisible. it was sort of funny watching him try to fight them on his own. and to his credit he did last 20 seconds. Of course he had to bubble, use LoH, and his Holy Light spam in prot spec did kkeep him alive for another 3 seconds or so.

anyone else have any horrible stories from the noobs you meet in H ToC?

(ive also met people who INSIST that standing still and hitting the jousters with the basic melee attack is the fastest way to kill them, instead of using shield breaker and charging)
    merely-a-setback protodrake

Re: you meet the wierdest people in H ToC...

SS or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by ubergoose
    SS or it didn't happen
    TL;DR seems like bullshit

Go with the new "LF Dungeon" tool and you will find a lot of entertainment and funny stories where you will fail in the easiest dungeons. Its destinied to be that way - with WOTLK being an easy expansion, it weakens the playerbase allowing for a lot of funny stories for us to read on these forums.

Don't be angry, you are entertaining a lot of people - just keep this thread alive to post those. LF fun thread!

10+ Year Old Account

I've healed ToC HC a shitload of times, went there every single day for quite some time because I wanted the healing mace from eadric.

I kinda overgeared the place by the last couple of runs I did. (full 226 badge gear, rest naxx25 items). In before nub, casual, etc.

Normally I keep everybody alive with earth shield on the tank, some chain heals and some lesser healing waves here and there.

Now this one run I had a DK as a tank. There didn't really seem anything wrong at first sight, but then again I didn't inspect him.
    He had about 24k health unbuffed, I know that's not a lot, but we did have a paladin and a druid in the party as well, so I figured buffed he'd have more then enough health to tank ToC HC.

We get past the obligatory, and imo boring, jousting part, and buff up. We pull, the tank manages to get aggro on all the mobs, so at first I thought, hey, this is going pretty well.

But then I noticed the tank was taking quite a large amount of damage. I was forced to ignore everything else and spam him with greater healing waves, each healing for over 10-11k noncrit, while still having earth shield up.
    I managed to keep the guy alive for about 15 seconds or so, but then he just died. Just like that. SPLAT.
    A heal landed, he was full health, and during the cast of my next heal, he just died. Seems like he only took two hits (crits?).

Now I didn't bother to even ask him why this happened because I was so baffled by it.

We ran back in, buffed up, got mana etc, pulled. Surprise, surprise, the very same thing happened again.

I just hearthstoned out of there after this. I have absolutely no idea why it happened. Was he not in tanking gear? Was he not def capped? Was he not in frost presence? I have no idea.

All I know is he failed pretty hard.

15+ Year Old Account

Yes, we do meet the wierdest people in Heroic ToC. In fact, a few weeks ago, I decided to give my alt paladin tank a whirl in there one last time for the dps plate shoulders and whatnot. This guy (Paladin, surprise, surprise), is in frost resist plate gemmed with intellect/strength and defense with a 20/20/31 spec. We get through the first two bosses just barely, with him at around 420 dps. Now, I'm not one to harp on new players for ignorance, but when we gently (I have the screenshots to prove it) tried to advise him on a more streamlined approach to the game, he snapped at us.

Just check it out. I posted these two pics on my guild forums. It's worth a chuckle or two.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1722/funny1.jpg

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7753/funny2oi.jpg

PS: I can assure you those two links are not keylogged.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Advent
    Yes, we do meet the wierdest people in Heroic ToC. In fact, a few weeks ago, I decided to give my alt paladin tank a whirl in there one last time for the dps plate shoulders and whatnot. This guy (Paladin, surprise, surprise), is in frost resist plate gemmed with intellect/strength and defense with a 20/20/31 spec. We get through the first two bosses just barely, with him at around 420 dps. Now, I'm not one to harp on new players for ignorance, but when we gently (I have the screenshots to prove it) tried to advise him on a more streamlined approach to the game, he snapped at us.

Just check it out. I posted these two pics on my guild forums. It's worth a chuckle or two.

I am healertankdps!

I lolled.

Haha I lolled badly IRL.

Srsly can that even be true xD.

Well all people aren't just that clever
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    This game is so f***ing stupid, how are you supose to keep gold when you have to buy new armor everytime it breaks?

The guild lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix
    I just hearthstoned out of there after this. I have absolutely no idea why it happened. Was he not in tanking gear? Was he not def capped? Was he not in frost presence? I have no idea.
    The exact same thing happened to me one night. I inspected the player who tanked a while later and he seemed to have decent enough gear to do his job right. But he just kept dying, fast. We didn't even get to the first boss that time. I'm baffled to this day.

Geeze, either that guy was totally stupid (very sad) or he was fresh off of ebay. I'm not really sure which is worse.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix
    I am healertankdps!
    i'm soooooo hoping this guy was an alt and extremely bored experimenting with how long he could stay in random groups before being kicked........but something tells me he was just retarded.....

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tommorello
    So i was on my mage, who happens to be my alt, but i can still do about 3.6k in any given heroic. I was running with some guildies. One was a holy Pali (who is freakin good. he single heals the tunnel in 25 man thorim), another was a warlock, and the 4th was an elemental shaman. All we needed was a tank, so in my hunger for those champion's seals i asked in trade chat for a tank. A paladin responds with "36k hp pali", so i invite him thinking that he could easily tank H ToC... boy was i wrong.

So we zone in and get the jousting overwith, and start buffing up to actually fight. In my unit frames, something i would hardly ever notice, i see that our pali tank has 14k mana. No alarms went off in my head, and for that reason i expect to be flamed. He pulls, and starts taking horrible spike damage, i shoot one fireball, rip aggro and have to ice block. once ice block came off, i threw up a living bomb and shot a frostbolt, and pulled aggro again and popped mirror images. Then our warlock dies, the ele shaman dies, i go invisible and watch our healer die, then the tank die.

We get back in as our healer asks of the tank "why were you healing yourself in the middle of the fight?" to which he respsonds "so i can live, duh"

The warlock in our group is the main Pali tank for our guild, and he asks "Do you understand how mitigation works, and that if you are healing yourself you have no mitigation?"

he responded with "well i jsut dont trust healers, i've died a lot in here." we rofl'd at him. then we inspected him and i think i actually shit my pants when i saw what he was wearing. he was tnaking in Holy PvP gear. we asked him why he felt he could tank in that gear and he said "because this gear gives me a lot of health and enough mana to heal myself when the healers suck"

unfortunately we were already inside the instance, so instead of booting him i had everone zone out, i pulled the boss, and went invisible. it was sort of funny watching him try to fight them on his own. and to his credit he did last 20 seconds. Of course he had to bubble, use LoH, and his Holy Light spam in prot spec did kkeep him alive for another 3 seconds or so.

(ive also met people who INSIST that standing still and hitting the jousters with the basic melee attack is the fastest way to kill them, instead of using shield breaker and charging)
    So why were you using both frost and fire balls?

You also keep your mitigation when casting, it's your avoidence that drops.

All in all, this seems fishy to me and I don't belive your story, but was a partially nice read nontheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyplayswow
    He is using the brewfest caster trinket. I despair at humanity :/
    I participated in the legendary Chex thread

:>

15+ Year Old Account

MY ARMOR ISN'T 540!

good times. anyway, i don't tend to get people THAT clueless in ToC hc, the champions can be pretty brutal when 3 of them are up. Mage, Hunter, Warrior and the tank, and possibly the group, is in for some pain before 1 of them is dead.

what i don't get is badly geared people, like, really really badly geared people (read:dps) joining groups for ToC hc and i anticipate the same thing will happen with Icecrown heroics. how can dps pull < 1k at 80? my mage at 73 specced frost can do 1.2k on single targets . there was a hunter in my group the other (yeah, it's always a hunter) who barely broke 1k through the whole instance INCLUDING the mount phase, he was just decked in levelling blues of various levels and had a ranged weapon that had 90 dps on and 50% of his damage was auto shot and another 20% was his pet's attack. why he, and people like him, think they can pull their weight in heroics is beyond me.

This is almost too good to be true. This is someone trying to become the next Leroy. There's only one pally bearcutter on the armory and his spec and gear are "ok." I use "ok" only relative to the healertankdps abomination above. The fact that his current spec is still pretty bad makes me believe this is true though. If he were smart enough to fake this for fame he'd be smart enough to have a better spec.

Here's his armory... http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ight+Immortals
    Note the mithril pocket watch. Spell power really helps him heal while hes tanking.

Healertankdps... is that kind of like manbearpig?
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

I've run H ToC every day for weeks (seals towards new mounts for the 100 mount cheeve), and I've had some ridiculous groups.

One day, we go in, Pally tank, Resto Shammy, and smattering of DPS. We down the Faction Champs no problem, but then we get Paletress and it all goes to shit.

We do fine on her, up until the Waking Memory part. As soon as that stupid thing is out, it becomes a total clusterfuck, the tank is dying in 5 hits, DPS is ripping aggro, and Paletress is smiting everything under the sun, making the healer crap himself with frustration.

It took 6 attempts. BK went down like a drunk cheerleader on prom night, barely hit anyone.

Another run, we never got by the Faction Champs. DK tank, Priest healing, Mage, Rogue, and my Hunter for DPS. The damn Mage just couldn't understand kill order, and the Rogue was an interrupt-idiot and terminal FoK'er. So, with the Mage trying to go toe-to-toe with the FC Mage, the Rogue doing nothing but AoE, I couldn't kill the FC Shammy faster than he could heal himself, and it all went to shit every fucking time.

I finally got pissed enough that I kicked the 2 idiots DPS and backfilled it with a couple other, and it was smooth sailing after that.

I think it's the basic simplicity of the instance, it causes people to become mouth-breathing keyboard-turners.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommorello
    One was a holy Pali (who is freakin good. he single heals the tunnel in 25 man thorim)
    Lol? What a random example to prove how "freakin good" the pally is, a.k.a not a very hard thing to do.