How important is Expertice to a Fury Warrior?

I'm having trouble picking gear for my warrior. I have almost no expertice and I'm wondering if I should aim for gear with expertice or not worry about it?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: How important is Expertice to a Fury Warrior?

Expertise is very important. The less you have, the more you will be dodged. That's not good.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

You should always aim to be capped. 215 expertise rating is not that much.

If your Arms is really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomt
    Great example of how bad spelling can screw up any sense in a sentence.

Anyway if that's supposed to be "If you're Arms, it's really easy", then my answer is:
    There's a reason he's asking for Fury.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    So now the Norse are stealing ideas from Blizzard, too!

10+ Year Old Account

Short answer: It's more important than grammar to a grammar-nazi.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzdragar
    I'm having trouble picking gear for my warrior. I have almost no expertice and I'm wondering if I should aim for gear with expertice or not worry about it?
    Expertise for a Warrior is far more important than other melee classes (save, maybe a Rogue).
    The thing is, the less expertise have, the more you get dodged, and the more you get dodged, the less Melee damage you will do.
    On top of that, the real kicker is that your Rage comes mostly from damage done, so having a swing dodge not only costs you the initial damage the swing WOULD have potentially caused, but it also costs you the amount of damage you could have spent that Rage on :-\

In short: Expertise is kinda very important

Quote Originally Posted by Tomt
    LOL.. easy arms

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick
    Short answer: It's more important than grammar to a grammar-nazi.
    EPIC WIN!

Expertise dodge cap is 26, however anything over 20 is considered 'ok' depending on your other stats.

Using both death choices and 2x258 DBB's with 20+ expertise will do more dmg than swapping in an expertise trinket to hit the cap.

15+ Year Old Account

If you like landing hits, its important.

Unlike the arms tree which has talents that affect expertise, fury must acquire all its expertise from gear.
    26 expertise (214 expertise rating) is the "soft cap" after which none of your attacks (including both auto attacks and special attacks) can be dodged. You can still be parried if you make the mistake of standing in front of the target.
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

i did a test on the lvl 83 dummy with 24 expertise and i got dodged once in 1100 hits or something, so if u ask me, capping rly isnt a must, just get over 20 and u shud be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxxon
    Great example of how bad spelling can screw up any sense in a sentence.

Anyway if that's supposed to be "If you're Arms, it's really easy", then my answer is:
    There's a reason he's asking for Fury.
    Shut up.

Yes expertise is very important for a fury warrior. It is even more important for those rare fights when stacking in front of a boss is required to split raid damage. Fights like Auriaya, Thane Korth'azz in the 4 horsemen, just a couple that come to mind.

I am sure there will be at least 1 fight in ICC that has the raid stacked in front of the boss. Since the bosses will be tuned to hit more often but not "as" hard, I am sure parry haste will also be in effect for most bosses. They're going to happen, but would help to keep those to a minimum.