Page 1 of 3
LastLast

T10 shoulders "extra equip effect" o-O

probably going to be another topic after i post this about the same thing, but it seems the "spirits" from the shoulders are more than just a decoration o-O

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/51194/s...chs-spaulders/

EDIT: digging into the database only reveals the spell description =/ no actual effect yet as far as i can tell
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/72957/c...he-shoveltusk/
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Quel%27Thalas&n=Rofflemau

Re: T10 shoulders "extra equip effect" o-O

Crazy! Wonder what bolstering spirits really means though, will be interesting to find out

Nice, wonder if its only for that specific class.

Hope not. :'(

It could just be a graphical thing, but I doubt that. I'm wondering if this is something just for shamans. I mean, it wouldn't make sense to give a single class something extra. If it IS shaman only, HUZZAH!

The lack of expertise on the on the enhancement gear is more of an interest to me right now. I don't know what to think.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyeMcCloud
    It could just be a graphical thing, but I doubt that. I'm wondering if this is something just for shamans. I mean, it wouldn't make sense to give a single class something extra. If it IS shaman only, HUZZAH!

i thought the same so i checked other tiers, and none of them have anything similar ;o
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Quel%27Thalas&n=Rofflemau

I bet its a +spirit buff, because you know, GC hates us

The rogue shoulders have weird stats as well:
    Equip: Increases attack power by 126.
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 71.
    Equip: Increases your armor penetration rating by 63.
    Equip: Increases attack power by 88.

Many of the T10 stats are most likely placeholders as stated on the front page. Might not go live, and if it does, expect to see more added to all of the other classes.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

One word: AWESOME!

I don't care if it doesn't buff us or fight for us or whatever.
    If the shoveltusks on the shoulders "jumps out" of the shoulders,
    you know? Those ghotlsy looking things on the shoulders. If they
    kinda jumps out and hangs with you, like a vanity pet, for like a
    minute. That whould be really cool.

You know, it will be kind of awkward having them leap out while I'm killing Shoveltusks for my Jewelcrafting daily.

I think it is a bit early to be speculating what they will do. I highly doubt the stats on the gear is final due to some of the examples posted.

I do love the idea of having something different on our armor. Warcraft has always been defined by oversized shoulder armor. It seems a bit fitting to add something additional to that armor slot.

It might just be a typo or something. Something they hide on item to but is needed to make the animation work?

Quote Originally Posted by hunterh
    The lack of expertise on the on the enhancement gear is more of an interest to me right now. I don't know what to think.
    ^ This. Are we forced to use exp trinkets or? I am quite curious about what will blizz say.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn
    ^ This. Are we forced to use exp trinkets or? I am quite curious about what will blizz say.
    Thats just not our enhance set. Looks like blizz is preparing us for cat, as most gear has just the basics (AP/Spell Power, crit, haste....tons of ArP for melee...) with very little of the stats that we only want soo much of. This is kinda nice IMO, since we won't (hopefully) have tons of wasted stats like being 5% over hit cap in BIS gear. Now this might change if it becomes hard to actually cap these things while progressing through ICC.

EDIT: Just thought I would add, if this is a proc, it will probably be +x spirit for a few seconds, with a chance to drop a sentry totem with far sight cast on it (just so we can admire it).
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

10+ Year Old Account

Gemming for expertise is cool, bro's.

Chill down. Much will change until it goes live

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyGoat
    Thats just not our enhance set. Looks like blizz is preparing us for cat, as most gear has just the basics (AP/Spell Power, crit, haste....tons of ArP for melee...)
    Yup. but there wont be ap and sp on items , but there still willl be expertise...

<speculation>
    I would suggest either haste proc on spellcast
    <reasoning>
    because haste is the stat all three specs benefit from, at almost equal degree
    </reasoning>
    or some spec-specific (lol-wording) effect with funky animation
    </speculation>

Quote Originally Posted by C Rage
    You know, it will be kind of awkward having them leap out while I'm killing Shoveltusks for my Jewelcrafting daily.
    I have since stopped killing Shoveltusks for my JCing daily out of respect for what they represent.
    but seriously, the Mammoths are closer. ;D

I am pretty sure that we won't get an awesome proc or skill on our shoulders.
    Guess it is just for the animation, maybe you can trigger it by rightclicking the items manually.
    srsly!

Looking forward to the day these badasses proc the second I kill a shaman, just to escape back into the shoulders as the body fades and turns into a corpse :-*