Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Arenas need to be abolished

Quote Originally Posted by Ponko
    ps those achievements are not hard, just stack the right classes and abuse the game mechanics for a world first.
    stacking a certain class because they are powerful against a certain opponent? how is that not the same as PvP again?

Quote Originally Posted by Nayto
    optimal skill use and standing in the
    Who said wow was a PVE game?

and..Anub casting locust swarm at X% is not the same as "i cast this > he can do this or this > i can only counter this > he casts what i can't counter > try to recover". arena requires execllent awareness to know when your opponets use key abilities, and how to counter it, or how to spot a mistake and take advantage. PVE is scripted and predictable, its not easy, no... but its very different.

lol this made me laugh. What a load of trollope.

Both are the same tbh. The problem is 98% of the community don't know how to play the game on either side.

If even 40% more of the community were half as good as the OP thinks he is, wow's difficulty would be increased ten-fold.

This comes from a a seasoned raider who, lacks the ability to care for pvp in wotlk but got 2150 rating anyway. PVP is easy. Finding a partner that knows how to play is hard. PVE is easy - finding 25 people who know what to do and when to do it, is hard --- Being a raid leader of said 25, much harder than PVP.

Who cares, play for what you want, we all know hunters are imba. TBH BG's are more fun than Arena. Pre "nerf" Alterac was awesome. Arena PVP is more of a faceroll than fun, the illusion of requiring to know how to play your class is fine if you're as skilless as 98% of wow's community. 3's is good but, finding 2 people out of 2% is difficult and tbh, I cba lol. Dunno how you americans feel but, here in europe, the majority of the people are too shit to pvp those that aren't have a partner or a team. Anyone trying to get into it, just doesnt stand a chance as the tactics required in the Arena come from experience not skill (although they are connected let's try not to troll the obvious).

Quote Originally Posted by tosa
    Please feel free to link your alone in the darkness achievement, tribute to immortality (25man) or firefighter achievements.
    [more bullshit]
    if you are usking us for alone in the darkness and immortality, then we'd like to ask you to show us your 2800 rating or gtfo. I (twilight vanquisher(25, 12/03/2009), tribute to insanity(10, 07/10/2009), riding the ulduar proto drake) say the OP is right in every aspect of his post.

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit
    hmmm who's opinion do i value more on the subject ?

the guy responsable for the creation of WoW and one of the 100 most influential people in the world or Skultharion, random MMO champion forum dude . . .

never set foot in Arena and never will

if i want to play small map team deathmatch i'll fire up TF2

it has no place in an MMO

Proper planning?? Strategies??

Lmao! If you want high ratings in arena. Go with the flavor of the season comp and reach the top in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Proper planning?? Strategies??

Lmao! If you want high ratings in arena. Go with the flavor of the season comp and reach the top in no time.
    like, 1900?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciix
    stacking a certain class because they are powerful against a certain opponent? how is that not the same as PvP again?
    Because you totally know the comp you're up against before you fight them, right?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lizardlol
    if you are usking us for alone in the darkness and immortality, then we'd like to ask you to show us your 2800 rating or gtfo. I (twilight vanquisher(25, 12/03/2009), tribute to insanity(10, 07/10/2009), riding the ulduar proto drake) say the OP is right in every aspect of his post.
    Sarth +3 was never hard in 25man, tribute to insanity 10man is on farm status in 3-4 groups in my guild since along time back, and what proto drake are you riding? cause if you're riding the 10man one or got the 25man one after ToC released you got nothing to show that you're an awesome PvE'er my friend :

Deleted

Most of the end-game PvErs think that PvP is stupid, arena and resilience should be removed and that PvE is alot harder than PvP (since PvP is only jumping around pillar, right?).
    Most of the end-game PvPrs think that PvE is stupid, and that PvP is alot harder than PvE (since PvE is only standing outside fire, right?)

Person who does these both knows you can't really compare PvP and PvE, the mechanics are way too different.

I mean, please, people! Some of you are seriously telling us how much arena sucks without even playing one single game in there, and other how easy raiding is after clearing naxx10 or VoA.

PS. players experience in ~1500 equals to naxx10 raiding. Just pointing out things.

remove pve, it changes arenas -.-
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciix
    then you can link your 25 Tribute to Insane Skill then? i'm not trying to flame you or anything, but saying that it takes 25 players to do the right thing is just like saying it takes 2, 3 or 5 people to do the same thing in arena. doing the hardmodes requires class knowledge, reflexes and awareness. im not saying its in anyway more difficult, but PvP is all based on, i cast this > he can do this or this > i can only counter this > he casts what i can't counter > try to recover. that is obviously very simplified but how is that different to something like (again) anub. anub casts swarm > everyone starts to die > 7 people counter it heals on 25 people > then he does penetrating cold (just like the can't be countered thing) > and you try and recover with heals/frost prot pots, shields, cooldowns etc.

like i said, im not trying to take anything away from PvP, but i do believe its just a different kind of difficulty and should be a SEPARATE part of this PvE game.
    I've done insanity.

Pve ruins PVP.

Gimme a tournament realm thats up 12 months a year so i can get rid of all this stupid pve shit.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Biggnome

Why pve is more important than pvp:
    PvE: You have to fight mighty bosses to save our world.
    PvP: You have nothing else to do, so you fight friendly fights with one another.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinowl

Gimme a tournament realm thats up 12 months a year so i can get rid of all this stupid pve shit.
    I like this idea, get rid of the PvPers on PvE servers, and vice-versa.. cause only pvp pvers enjoy is world pvp and BGs lol, not to mention this would make que times for those PvPs short, and PvEr would be able to not suffer a swing from the nerf bat as much from an OP skill in arena

PS.. 6:30 am here sorry if i didnt make total sense lol

Pvp and pve are two 100% diffrent things. cant compare them.

Quote Originally Posted by Naliiz
    Sarth +3 was never hard in 25man, tribute to insanity 10man is on farm status in 3-4 groups in my guild since along time back, and what proto drake are you riding? cause if you're riding the 10man one or got the 25man one after ToC released you got nothing to show that you're an awesome PvE'er my friend :
    neither would you by having a 2k rating. which you don't have. the 2k rating was meant as a PvP retard check by the OP (and you failed).

This topic is new and original. Very fresh and cutting edge.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

its funny how people blame the other side for the nerfs they get.
    i do some pve and some pvp, suck at both tbh, but as a casual gamer its allright.
    arena is (as said before) finding the right teamsetup and you win most of your fights (you lose if you suck enough, others are just to elite), every season the best team is a different setup cos people complained about the last team was to OP.

tbh pve and pvp are both kinda useless, pvp you try to get a high right just to get it cleared and start over in next season. and pve is almost similar, you try to kill bosses for the best gear around and when you finaly have it *tada* new expension with new bosses and gear so you can start again with the lovely farming for gear.

Arena can be fun in small doses.

Once people are able to get the gear in BG's again arenas will be played by an even smaller portion of the population. A large part of the people who arena right now do it because they feel they have to do it in order to get a couple of items more easily then they will get a similar item from PVE. It's alot easier to arena an hour a week for 2-3 weeks, get 2200 and get a 258 weapon then it is to get hard modes on farm and then compete with 10 other people for a random drop.

i would say PvP-ers to the *LEFT*
    PvE-ers to the *RIGHT*
    and bold ppl on the piano?

AMIDOINITRITE!? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Thafisker
    Why pve is more important than pvp:
    PvE: You have to fight mighty bosses to save our world.
    PvP: You have nothing else to do, so you fight friendly fights with one another.
    why pvp is more important than pve
    pve: i fight npc's that are outdated in 2 months
    pvp: i play other human beings and if I'm seriously fucking good I make some cash
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!