little help with starting my mage again?

Hi guys, after a few months switching between my other chars and eventually gearing up my rogue I have decided to pick up my mage again. I haven't played it since a couple of months into wotlk or something and I'm looking for some help. I have posted the armory below, basically I would like to know if you have any ideas on how to maximise dps on him as the gear stands (mainly heroic/voa crap) shouldi bother gemming haste etc? Evidently I need to just get some new bits and pieces from voa/pugs, but I'd like to know how to get the most out of him before that point.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...oun&n=Omnishru

Thanks guys xx

Re: little help with starting my mage again?

This is all ofcourse based on my personal preference.

Take your points out of magic attunement, and magic absorption and put it 2 into student of the mind, and 2 into incanters absorption.

Don't worry about gems for the moment, simply maintain hit cap and put the +19 SP you have in the rest apart from 2 blue to active your meta. Which I would change to the +3% critical strike damage one (Chaotic skyflare i think)

Your mana pool is excellent, your Arcane rotation should be 4x AB then Arcane Missile Barrage if it procs, otherwise 3/4 AB or Arcane Barrage depending on your mana at the time.

At this point I think you can look to be doing 3.5k-4k DPS without a trouble in a raid.

Any 232 pieces you get should be gemmed with +12sp, +10haste for yellow and +12sp +10spirit for blue. Haste will scale very nicely your DPS. Point for Point I rate haste over SP until you are touching the GCD cap with BL.

When you get a nice set of gear, you will be looking to have at least 2.5k SP with all trinkets at max proc etc with 400-500 haste and at that point you can look to be doing 4.5k DPS at least on a dummy. 5k + in a raid and depending on environment.

In truth these are pretty low DPS figures for a well geared mage with current tiers (this I assume is your goal).

Good luck.

Re: little help with starting my mage again?

Aim for 8% hit.

Gear:
    Take any upgrade you can.

Gems:
    For arcane, gem spell and haste, fuck penetration. 21 crit rating/+3% crit dmg meta.

Enchants:
    Enchant everything properly, no shortcuts.

Spec:
    Do you run with Mage Armor instead of Molten? Try Molten with glyph.