Deleted

Enh - T10 - Talent

I was looking over the t10 set bonuses last night and was thinking about the 2 piece one.

I switched to the pure dps spec a few weeks ago, without the extra mana efficiency talents. Allowing me to spec into reverb, which is nice with the 4 piece t10.

Currently i save sham rage until i am around 20% mana and then use, that tends not to be as soon as the spell comes off cd. If i used on cd, i would no doubt run out of mana.

The straight damage increase from the t10 2 piece is going to push us to use sham rage on cd (or atleast want to), to ensure max uptime of the buff.

What your current thoughts about this? Are we going to need to spec into 2 points into imp SS to help with mana?

Re: Enh - T10 - Talent

My current thoughts can be summed in 3 words:

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by stevos
    If i used on cd, i would no doubt run out of mana.
    Why? When you use SR you get a full manabar (unless you time it poorly), if you burn all your mana in one minute you need more mana talents, no matter what.

You have 20% mana, SR -> full mana bar and 1min CD
    You have 60% mana, SR -> full mana bar and 1min CD

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zätrul
    Why? When you use SR you get a full manabar (unless you time it poorly), if you burn all your mana in one minute you need more mana talents, no matter what.

You have 20% mana, SR -> full mana bar and 1min CD
    You have 60% mana, SR -> full mana bar and 1min CD
    If you have 60% mana when SR is up then you have WAY too many mana regen talents.

Given the changes to our setup new builds will be investigated. Specifically some that take Fire Nova, and more mana regen to make up for its high mana cost. Perhaps something like...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...paeYv3b,,10747

Live testing will be required to see how mana holds up using Fire Nova in a priority just after Lava Lash. Might be made slightly easier as we can Fire Elemental for 2 mins thus saving several drops of Magma totem. Time will tell. Perhaps might need a point from Imp.Shields into Elemental Focus.

Deleted

It kind of varies from fight to fight. Some fights that have a fair bit of movement, i tend to run dry fast and need to spam SR, others i could be on 80% mana when it pops up.

The problem is movement fights tend to be a bit unpredictable, and so i don't always get a full recharge, or might want to wait a bit until i can get a full recharge.

Another example is twins, if you pop SR when the shield pops up, you get no mana back and so have to wait, but the extra % dmg from the 2 piece bonus would make me want to use it, hence hitting mana issues.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

fire nova is sucking mana horrible fast which means were also sucking the manaregen buff outta healer/caster dps but ye, gotta check it with raidbuffs and stuff, on PTR is ridiculous

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by tears
    on PTR is ridiculous
    Can you clarify WHAT is ridiculous pls. It isn't clear from your statement. ie: On PTR X is ridiculous - what is X? Or is it that the whole PTR is ridiculous??? Enquiring minds need to know.