Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Icecrown Citadel Raid Access Progression

Robert Kotick - CEO of Activision-Blizzard - He laughs at you all, you pay for his 15 million dollar income

The CEO of Activision-Blizzard laughs at you all.
    http://valleywag.gawker.com/329275/r...t-online-games

Total Earnings for 2008 - $14,950,102.00
    http://people.forbes.com/profile/robert-a-kotick/1126

"Taking the fun out of making video games" - Robert Kotick/Activision press conference
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.142985

Damn, they're really going to milk ICC.

4 wings. Each wing not getting unlocked "for several weeks (wtf)" means we won't even see Arthas on Normal until like 3 months AFTER the patch comes out. Also it means anyone who is picked to get Shadowmourn for their guild won't be getting it for like at LEAST 6+ months from now if you calculate the 1000 mobs that need to be kill'd after you kill the bosses (which will be locked) AND also get the fragments needed.

Imagine trying to get Valy'nar shards, but only 4 bosses are available for the first month, then 4 more the next month, and so on.

Can't say I like this announcement whatsoever, I could understand the sense behind limiting tries, but to make it so few? Alot of guilds are going to end up running into a wall on one boss and being simply unable to progress, trying new things could lock them out for that week and basically screw them over. The attempt limit was fine for ToGC, I don't really see why it needed to be put into normal modes aswell. Not every guild has people that are as on the ball as the hard mode raiding guilds, and this will cause more frustration than ToC did boredom.

I generally hate the 'gating content' model though, it's basically forcing you to wait around for the rest of the content so that you're bled more money. If the instance is quality, set it up like Ulduar, most everyone loved Ulduar and still run it regularly. If they're just trying to stall until Cataclysm is launched next year sometime this is a really poor way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by xxpoohbearxx

Robert Kotick - CEO of Activision-Blizzard - He laughs at you all, you pay for his 15 million dollar income

The CEO of Activision-Blizzard laughs at you all.
    http://valleywag.gawker.com/329275/r...t-online-games

Total Earnings for 2008 - $14,950,102.00
    http://people.forbes.com/profile/robert-a-kotick/1126

"Taking the fun out of making video games" - Robert Kotick/Activision press conference
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.142985
    i don't get your qq ? are you jealous about his income ? why don't you create an wow killer we all will be paying 15$ to your game.

Honestly, I am more than happy playing this game and I am glad to pay 15/mnth - fair enough.

Thanks Robert Kotick for making WoW enjoyable game.
    Main - Inactive: 80 80 80 80 80 80

Gonna fix this for ya buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazuka
    Not only will this be rather lame but what do you want us to do blizzard really.

Usual raid schedule:

Wednesday: ICC first 4
    Thursday: Totc and Totgc

Sunday-Tuesday: GO OUTSIDE AND HAVE A LIFE. MEET PEOPLE. DO CHORES. FIND A BETTER JOB. HAVE A BARBEQUE.
    ORRRRRR....PvP, Play Alts, Play a DIFFERENT GAME.
    Posts like yours are reeeeeetarded. It's not gonna be forever till the next bosses are out, so CHILL out. (Chill, Icecrown joke, get it?)

Again, people that want all the content to be available so they can spend 4 hours a night 5 days a week for 3 weeks until they've cleared everything and then whine cause it's on Farm Status are absolutely ridiculous. Seriously? quit. your. bitching. or. play. another. game.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

I guess another reason they have such limited tries is so that people will have extra time to go back to trial of crusader and Ulduar.

My guild has 4/5 bosses on farm status in heroic trial of the grand crusader. But we also go to Ulduar 25 man to do some hard modes and achievements there. There are still some nice loots to pick up there and we almost have enough fragments for a second Val'anyr mace. Would be nice to have two maces for Icecrown citadel.

A second thought it might also mean that Cataclysm is no where near finished, so they need to milk 3.3 as much as possible. I am sad now :'(

Deleted

Lulz

Gz, you'll have only 5 atempts on Thadius as soon as 3.3 hits, alas in few weeks Thadius will become real Thadius...

Oh come on people, we all know this is bullshit and blizz will nerf as they did with all content

Quote Originally Posted by Naydie
    Sitting behind your pc for 4-5 hours straight 4 evenings a week out of 7 is nolifing yes. Your choice of course.
    If you really think that raiding 4 days a week is nolifing then you should heavily reconsider what nolifing is.

All I gotta say is: Fucking horseshit; not again.

Gating is useless, people can take whatever time they need to master encounter. This isn't a justification for preventing "better" guilds to progress faster. Other guilds will just take more time to get to Lich King, just like what happened in Uld and any other raid that made sense.

Plus we're locked out of Heroic for so f'ing long. My guild does 25's and 10 Heroic was a nice alternate way to get more gear at first, but now we'll wait for who knows how long cause they're too dumb to release the whole raid at once.

I want my guild to set its own pace, I don't want someone holding my hand reassuring me it's fine if we suck cause the rest of the content won't be available for a while. FFS Blizz, give players a bit of control.

Deleted

Honestly, Blizzard have to change the number of limited attempts on normal mode (if they are adamant to keep it).

Forced progression ftw?

At least we won't have the Tribute to Insanity bullshit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantrik
    Thanks Robert Kotick for making WoW enjoyable game.
    You're thanking the wrong person. Blizzard and it's employees decide what happens in WoW, not some suit from a parent company.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieuvre
    Apparently they aren't even close to finishing Cataclysm.
    Where did you get the idea that they were close? Listening to all the idiots claiming Christmas or Spring eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account

Sucks for guilds who don't like to spoil encounters on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Naydie
    Sitting behind your pc for 4-5 hours straight 4 evenings a week out of 7 is nolifing yes. Your choice of course. The delaying system isn't new so stop making a fuzz about it.
    LOL bro your so cool go drink another rockstar and get another tattoo of a bronade on your chest.

So we're gonna raid 4 bosses for... several weeks...?

Cool

5 tries on first week?
    So we wipe 5 times and go back to TotC for the rest of the week?

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon
    What's actually going to happen is you'll see pugs blasting through the content complaining how easy it is too. It does *not* take a top raiding guild to make it through an instance in a couple of weeks after release. My guild killed twins hardmode for the first time last week, and each boss in toc easy died on Tuesday each week it was released. All this means is you will have more gear creep, which means guilds who go to the second wing will have several weeks of wing one gear under their belt, likely trivializing most of the new bosses.

Gated system does not make it harder, all it does it make the instance easier and more boring. Expect to see *way* more qq about how easy icecrown is compared to ulduar and toc. It won't even have hardmodes for months.
    I never said gating would make things harder. And I will laugh if pugs (true pugs, random people picked up in trade channel) are "blasting" through the content in the first few weeks. I really will.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Deleted

How fucking retarded can they be?
    Long since I felt this pissed off by blizzard, why the fuck are they going to make us wait EVEN LONGER
    It will take a day to clear the first quarter of IC and then they want us to wait WEEKS till the next?
    This is bloody retarded, everyone cleared ToC long ago
    YES, got Insanity and everything is cleared

It'll be QQ for the 1st few weeks, then the next week 'AMG THIZ IS EAZZ' to all these people, the usual Wotlk.
    On the OP though it does sound appealing.
    Classic WoW.