Arcane mage spec

I'm wondering about if my spec is any good...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...=Kjata&group=1

The points I'm doubting are Arcane Barrage and Arcane Stability. With Arcane Barrage, I hardly ever use it, like if I'm at 4 stacks of arcane blast debuff, I just do more Arcane Blasts to try to get a missile barrage proc rather than using Arcane Barrage to get rid of the rebuff and starting again. And with Arcane Stability, I'm wondering what kind of attacks interrupt casting? Is it just direct attack from mobs and not stuff like AOE? Because if so, I can take points out of that.

Thanks to addgreenmana for the signature.

Re: Arcane mage spec

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#of0Vf...xedcZbGc0o:zNi
    Is a basic cookie cutter arcane spec give or take a few talents.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...6,q3JReO,10192

This is what I use right now. You can use that 1 extra point for whatever. Slow for Faction Champs, another point in Arcane Subtlety, another point in Incanter's Absortion, or maybe another point in Arcane Stability if you would need it.

Quote Originally Posted by sledgehartattack
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...6,q3JReO,10192

This is what I use right now. You can use that 1 extra point for whatever. Slow for Faction Champs, another point in Arcane Subtlety, another point in Incanter's Absortion, or maybe another point in Arcane Stability if you would need it.
    So do you think points in Arcane Stability are wasted? I mean, I can't imagine when I'd get pushback, except for fights like Faction Champions and possibly Northrend Beasts with Snobolds. But apart from that, does anything else caused pushback?

Thanks to addgreenmana for the signature.

Yeah, having the other point in AS is probably not the best place for it. I never really have much of a problem with pushback. I always put the other point in IA, although I have heard some things against that. Slow is probably the next best thing to put it in as it can be very useful at times.

Arcane Stability only has value with 1, 3, and 5 points invested. 2 will give the same benefit as 1, 4 the same as 3, 5 is obviously no pushback. In ToC there is zero need for it, as im pretty sure there isn't one attack in there that causes pushback besides faction champions (and if you're being targetted there you shouldn't be casting anymore anyway).

All sorts of attacks can cause pushback, it's just up to blizzard if they let it. For instance, Mimiron's hand pulses used to cause an asston of pushback and it made the hardmode quite irritating. They changed it to cause "less" pushback, and now it causes none. I'm fairly certain all direct damage attacks will always cause pushback (random spells that deal damage thrown at you and only you in enocunters), but I suppose they could make this not happen if blizzard felt the need. In general, aoe doesn't cause pushback, but it can and will occasionally. Sif's frostbolt volley causes pushback, I believe.

Micke

Beasts, the burning bile aura cause pushback
    jaraxxus, fel lightning, infernals fire aura
    faction champs (durr)
    twins, ball explosions (I think?)
    anub, scarab attacking you

3 points in arcane stability or 3 points in arcane focus (which is like 70 dps in BiS) sounds like up to you and your current gear
    (+ pushback is damn annoying!)

True, there are more than one source of pushback in ToC, but at the same time, the concern of losing cast time from pushbacks are so low that Stability is pretty much uneeded for ToC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Micke
    Beasts, the burning bile aura cause pushback
    jaraxxus, fel lightning, infernals fire aura
    faction champs (durr)
    twins, ball explosions (I think?)
    anub, scarab attacking you

3 points in arcane stability or 3 points in arcane focus (which is like 70 dps in BiS) sounds like up to you and your current gear
    (+ pushback is damn annoying!)
    If you're getting hit by any of those and you're finishing your cast you're bad. The only exception is fel lightning, your own burning bile damage doesn't case pushback. Stability is just shy of worthless in ToC.