Affliction in 3.3

Am I missing something about 3.3 that buffs affliction so much? I'm hearing lots of people saying stuff like "LOLZORS affliction is going to be THE raiding spec in 3.3, it will do twice as much damage as destructo" etc but all i see is a large buff to the felhunter and glyphed quicker corruption. That can't improve dps that much can it?

i would have thought demo gets the biggest improvement with molten core.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Affliction in 3.3

11% dps gain, in TOC25 gear.

Glyph of Quick decay makes up 5% of that, and the triggers that result from it (Eradication) as well as pet changes all contribute the rest.

R.I.P. YARG

No. 15% dmg buff to our main source of dmg & our most powerful DoT scaling with haste isn't that great.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-s...s_3_3_numbers/
    ofc this is in "theory".

How does it work with haunt refreshing corruption with quick decay? If you cast corruption the first time withh eradication, and any spellpower/ haste trinkets. if you refresh that same corruption, does it keep the bonuses, or does it only have what you have up when it was refreshed?

I guess it must be that when you refresh Corr with Haunt it takes the stats what you have at that moment. If it wasn't this way, you could get super boosted Corr at start of a fight and then keep it rolling until the end.

I have a question about the decay glyph.

I just recently got the use effect haste trinket from 10 man TOGC (you click it and you get like 80 haste per spell cast for like 20 seconds stacking like 7x or something) and I was wondering if Corruption will keep the haste if I cast it during that. I know corruption keeps its spellpower if you had more spellpower then from like a trinket tor something (otherwise it wouldn't say "A more powerful spell is already active" right?).
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

15+ Year Old Account

You get all the haste you have when Corruption is cast or refreshed.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    You get all the haste you have when Corruption is cast or refreshed.
    *grumble mumble*

And I've been waiting for an answer to this:

Quote Originally Posted by BartolGdH
    Just to make sure I am not mistaken on that one:

If you cast Haunt, Corruption is refreshed, giving it the spellpower/haste/crit-bonus your character has when the cast hits the target.
    Is that about right?

So, when I start off at 400 haste, 20% crit and 2000 SP* and cast Corruption
    something procs or whatever, leaving me with 600 haste 22%crit and 2300 SP* for the moment Haunt deals damage.
    Are these new stats transferred to corruption automatically? I thought so, but I was never quite sure, to be honest.

--------
    * just some random numbers, no real calculation intended

Given that Haunt effects Corruption in that way: if you cast Haunt the next time and your stats are lower again, does it go with the "better" corruption (currently on the target), causing corruption to be "on its best" the whole time basically, or does it rather change the corruption back down to your current stats?