Thread: LW or Engi?

LW or Engi?

I am enh shamy and I wanna replace my herbalism prof, but don't know which want to take? Lw or Engi(haste on gloves)?

Deleted

Re: LW or Engi?

Engineering for DPS. Leatherworking for money.

engi:
    haste on gloves
    23agi cloak (with para ;D)
    24crit + nitro
    27sp cloak

and a packload of handy/funny/bagslot consuming items

its good for all specs imo

No main spec healer should be engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Windflight
    engi:
    haste on gloves
    23agi cloak (with para ;D)
    24crit + nitro
    27sp cloak

and a packload of handy/funny/bagslot consuming items

its good for all specs imo
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

I was actually going to make a post about this. I have 450 LW, but am thinking about switching to engineering. The haste on glove CD is incredible, but I would be using the normal 23 haste enchant on my cloak. I'm not sure about the nitro boots.

Could I get the opinion of someone who actually uses engineering for PvE to comment?

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF
    I was actually going to make a post about this. I have 450 LW, but am thinking about switching to engineering. The haste on glove CD is incredible, but I would be using the normal 23 haste enchant on my cloak. I'm not sure about the nitro boots.

Could I get the opinion of someone who actually uses engineering for PvE to comment?
    As often said: "When in doubt - more explosives!"
    Engineering is THE best DMG profession. Its THAT simple, srsly.

Not only are para cloak and nitro boost (the speed on boots) incredibly useful in alot of endgame encounters and the gloves enchant is almost / on par / better (depends on your class) as the other profession benefits but especially the saronite bombs alone are often giving the highest DPS increase of all professions.

If you sum up all dmg you gain from engineering on fight like .. letz say Heroic Anub (which is THE current endgame):
    - extra time to hit the boss / kite in impale phase due to nitro boost
    - 1150-1500 dmg on 5 targets (=6625 dmg on average) every minute (= 110 dps on avg) from saronite bombs
    - lil more crit (from boots ench)
    - lil more agi / sp from cloak ench
    - gloves ench (be it rocket which is ~ 44 dps o something or haste)
    Then the gains from other professions are FAR behind.

IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF

I love Engi, and it's worth a fair amount of DPS. 340 Haste with 20% uptime equates to about 68 Haste rating. Not too shabby for a glove enchant. Nitro boots are situationally useful(Heroic Icehowl or Anub Spikes) but may not be better than the runspeed enchant.
    1 Agi isn't a big deal, but more is more.

Overall the real advantage of Engi is it's quality-of-life improving gizmos. Jeeves, Wormholes, portable mailboxes. I wouldn't give those up for anything.

Edit: Oh yes, how could I forget BOMBS?! Global Thermal Sapper Charges are win and Cobalt Frag Bombs are OP for Faction Champs.
    Baretta M92 Custom Praiyachat Sword Cutlass Special
    Starcaller Renzokuken, 80 Dwarf Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken
    I love Engi, and it's worth a fair amount of DPS. 340 Haste with 20% uptime equates to about 68 Haste rating. Not too shabby for a glove enchant. Nitro boots are situationally useful(Heroic Icehowl or Anub Spikes) but may not be better than the runspeed enchant.
    1 Agi isn't a big deal, but more is more.

Overall the real advantage of Engi is it's quality-of-life improving gizmos. Jeeves, Wormholes, portable mailboxes. I wouldn't give those up for anything.

Edit: Oh yes, how could I forget BOMBS?! Global Thermal Sapper Charges are win and Cobalt Frag Bombs are OP for Faction Champs.
    I use 23 haste on my cloak, and would continue to use it. 68 haste and 24 crit is better than the 124 AP (80 from LW and 44 from the glove enchant) and 6 agility (I use cat's swiftness), but I'm not sure how the boot enchant will compare since it's only every 3 minutes.
    It would be great for beasts, faction champions, and anub. It wouldn't really make a difference on twins, and it's debatable on jaraxxus.

And i seen after the new patch with t10 the AP will be better than haste! than lw will be better..

Quote Originally Posted by and1mixtape
    And i seen after the new patch with t10 the AP will be better than haste! than lw will be better..

Deleted

How does T10 make AP better? More haste, more uptime of the 4 set bonus.

Either way I don't care if AP professions come out as more DPS on no movement fights. Nitro Boosters are amazing for where it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by comablack
    No main spec healer should be engineering
    nitroboost is really nice to have as a healer, because you are way faster an the place you are needed. Really a good gadget when avoiding onyxias deepbreath or following that damn warrior tank charging out of range.
    bombs are awesome too. Got a mob on you for some reason? stun it with your bomb.
    addintional sp on your cloak is always fine. the parachute can become handy for healers as well.

only thing that is useless is engineers hand-enchant. It really is.

Typical for engineering: it shines the most when things go wrong.
    srsly!

The helm enchant is a wonderful thing if you ever do BGs. Lots of stam, which we really need, and it can really turn a fight around if you're ever in a 1v2 situation. Those mindcontrolled will act as a pet assisting your attack, and freely using class abilities, including cooldowns, heals when you're low, blessing of freedom when you're rooted, etc. Only downside is that it cannot be used if you have your wolves out, or any other pet with a pet bar.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPanse
    nitroboost is really nice to have as a healer, because you are way faster an the place you are needed. Really a good gadget when avoiding onyxias deepbreath or following that damn warrior tank charging out of range.
    bombs are awesome too. Got a mob on you for some reason? stun it with your bomb.
    addintional sp on your cloak is always fine. the parachute can become handy for healers as well.

only thing that is useless is engineers hand-enchant. It really is.

Typical for engineering: it shines the most when things go wrong.

don't say that :< i dropped mining for engi JUST for the glove enchant because as resto i'm stacking haste where ever i can
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Quel%27Thalas&n=Rofflemau

Quote Originally Posted by Rofflemau

don't say that :< i dropped mining for engi JUST for the glove enchant because as resto i'm stacking haste where ever i can
    I took up Engi for Enh, but since Resto is my Offspec I have Hyperspeed Accelerators macro'd into Riptide.

At any rate, Engi is going to benefit you more than Mining. 60 Stam is even more worthless.
    Baretta M92 Custom Praiyachat Sword Cutlass Special
    Starcaller Renzokuken, 80 Dwarf Shaman

/agree on eng