Poll: Most efficient arena class?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need an Arena class

So I'm going to level a new character on alliance, and instead of PvE I was going to do PvP and get into arenas.

Re: Need an Arena class

Resto Druids are very powerful in 2v2 and 3v3, and require little skill to do well, if you get bored of that like I have you can do well as feral, which takes far more skill. People who are voting Death Knights obviously don't play one, because it is actually difficult to do well in arenas as one now. There are a lot of statistics that prove that.

top notch class would be mage, but they're the most difficult to play of that list there
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

If you want to have fun don't level a shaman. Don't get me wrong, my main is a resto shammy and I dabble in Arena, however sitting around stunned make me want to cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr
    Resto Druids are very powerful in 2v2 and 3v3, and require little skill to do well, if you get bored of that like I have you can do well as feral, which takes far more skill. People who are voting Death Knights obviously don't play one, because it is actually difficult to do well in arenas as one now. There are a lot of statistics that prove that.
    Thats true, but i play a dk in arena and its a ton of fun, shadow cleave is great and if you know how to play all in all its a good class. but honestly if you've got the time level multiple characters and find which one suites you best. Leveling is stupid easy nowadays anywho

Quote Originally Posted by Demo7777
    If you want to have fun don't level a shaman. Don't get me wrong, my main is a resto shammy and I dabble in Arena, however sitting around stunned make me want to cry.
    Its not only shamans problem. Priests can eat same amount of CC btw...

If you pick casters...welll, go roll mage, its 1)funny 2)it has good dps and good CC 3)and at last, imho, its one of the most balanced classes atm :P

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Unless you plan on spending rediculus amounts of time figuring out when to use XXX ability. Dont roll a DK. They by far have the highest skill cap in arenas atm. I have a Mage and it is a lot easier to do casual arenas on a mage. AS for druids, they excell in 2's, but in 3's they lack some seriuos output and you are essintial a hot bot and cyclone bot. Shamys are great since each spec does fantastic in arenas atm. IMO go shamy, they are a lot of fun and can do well in each setting

druids are the best class to play in 2's (cause its so much fun) but it requires a fair amount of skill to play em well . Or ur next forum is goin to be omg priests run me oom and my hots gets dispelled or i die to fast lol :-X

What a vague question

If you mean efficient as most likely to succeed, and assuming 3s, then sham is the third most popular class atm.

If you mean easiest to play, it goes Druid > DK > Sham > Mage

If you mean most fun, then prob Sham > Mage > DK = Druid, but this of course is completely personal

make a frostmage and watch people clean thier keyboards with tears.

Mages take more skill than the other three. Shamans are all about grounding totem and depending one which spec you are. Three - four buttons. DKs are overused, and druids.. Noone likes druids anymore.

Side Note: Make Cyclone dispellable.

Quote Originally Posted by CowBoyTX
    Shamans are all about grounding totem and depending one which spec you are. Three - four buttons.
    You obviously never played arena as a shaman.

Of course I've never played arena as a shaman. I got bored with the class after I hit 63.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliahna
    Unless you plan on spending rediculus amounts of time figuring out when to use XXX ability. Dont roll a DK. They by far have the highest skill cap in arenas atm. I have a Mage and it is a lot easier to do casual arenas on a mage. AS for druids, they excell in 2's, but in 3's they lack some seriuos output and you are essintial a hot bot and cyclone bot. Shamys are great since each spec does fantastic in arenas atm. IMO go shamy, they are a lot of fun and can do well in each setting
    I chuckled when I read this.

druid is the most powerfull healer to play because it has the lowest skill cap with some great cc abilities.

however shaman is my favorite to play. totems + shocks, shear and purge give u the feel of more to do which i like...

if ur into dpsing shaman is also pwn atm... enh is awesome right now in beast cleave comps or warrior + enh + druid... lol idk what fools are talking smack about shaman. its not aall aboout grounding totem... the best cd u can have on that is still 11.5s and shaman have the most to do out of any healer besides maybe a pally.

dk is harder than people say but its also pretty powerfull if u know what your doing and are teamed with a warlock, hunter or warrior in 3s.

i figure not to mention 2s coz they suck now but dk + druid is pwn in 2s and very ez to play.

IMO

Here is how it breaks down (I play a mage)

Shaman: Very fun to play, you can lock a caster out pretty efficiently if you know what you are doing (i.e. wind shears and grounding totems at the right time). Either spec is very nice and has its perks. Tough to learn, but good if played correctly. (RESPECT)

DK: Lots and lots of them out there already, if you want to stand out do not roll a DK. Very good against casters if played right (using defensive cooldowns at the right times). Great peelers. Big numbers. Practically a ranged class with DC and IT. (HATE)

Druid: Boomkin is a no-no. Trees are great in 2´s, a little TOO good. If you want 1800+ guaranteed roll a resto druid. Travel form out of snares, H&H tactics (HoT n Hide), Cyclones are a little crazy... nearly 10 seconds of CC while your warrior chomps the shit out of almost anything. Let´s not forget about innervate either. Find a pillar, innervate, run in circles! Free mana! Kitty... lots and lots of burst, difficult to kite you off, instant cyclones. PAIN IN THE ASS. (HATE)

Mage: You are going to be CCing like crazy, alternating polies, CS at appropriate times, peels for your healer (generally priest) because your priest is a little fucking princess that dies without constant peels. People say it is faceroll, it really isn´t. To play WELL you need to know what to use when, and peel often. Chaining CC via deepfreeze +poly on one target each buys your healer time to hopefully get away and get a sip of water. It feels really good when CC and your burst align perfectly to get that split second kill. (RESPECT)

Skill required for each (from most to least)
    1.Frost Mage
    2.Resto Shaman
    3.Elemental Shaman
    4.Enhancement Shaman
    5.Death Knight
    6.Feral Kitty
    7.Resto Druid
    8.Boomkin (don´t bother)
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

Resto druid are crazy awesome.

Mages are the best, but tough.

Also, good healers are rarer then dps.

Quote Originally Posted by CowBoyTX
    Shamans are all about grounding totem and depending one which spec you are. Three - four buttons.
    Next time you speak, think before opening your mouth. If you've never actually PLAYED a class don't make horrible generalizations about it's role in arena. I actually HAVE played resto shammy at 2k, and they're definitely complicated. Get into a comp which allows you to use your utility and burst (both healing/dmg), preferably one with a lot of cc. RLS or SLM(shammy, lock, mage) are fun as resto, or ele, hunter, holy pally is pretty sick too. And obviously the abomination known as beast cleave (enhancement shammy, bm hunter, holy pally) is viable as well. Shamans are really fun, both to level with and in all end-game content, but it's all personal preference.

Just for the record, I voted mage as the best overall Arena class, if played correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hole
    because your priest is a little fucking princess that dies without constant peels.
    <3

Roll a feral drood.
    Ill teach you =D