Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: DEATHKNIGHTS UNITE Mindfreeze Lag...

Hmm i always thought i was just to slow at interrupting or it was my latency, didnt know others had this issue too

Don't try to interrupt the juke heals?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I know you guys want only DKs at high ratings to respond, but has anyone tried something like Snowfall Keypress (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...15078-1.0.html) to see if that might help. Perhaps the lag you are feeling is from the spell going off when you take your finger off the hot key rather then when you press it.

This addon accelerates key bindings so that they are activated by key press rather than key release. This allows you to activate your abilities faster than you could otherwise. This can really make a difference for situations where you need to react quickly, like when casting heals, when interrupting spells, or in PvP. In these situations, the addon can have an effect similar to reducing your network latency by 100ms. Of course, the exact impact depends entirely upon how much time you personally spend between key press and release

Quote Originally Posted by Rist
    Don't try to interrupt the juke heals?
    The point is had we been warriors, we would've interrupted the cast as there would've been no lag.

I experience the issue quite frequently, very annoying on ToGC25 Twin's interrupting the heal when the bubble pops and we're short on rogues (or they died to boomballs). Same goes for interrupting heals during Faction Champ's (even though I'm usually on kite duty). Something is up, it's been acknowledge by the blues fairly recently, but I'm probably going to file that next to vanish as there never being a true fix for it.
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

It's pretty well-known among PvPers that DKs have innate lag built into Mind Freeze, although I've never been sure quite why.

Does make our class easiest to juke though, which just means ya gotta put a bit more effort into catching those, and knowing which casts are going to be the real ones.

If I've been juked by a healer once or twice, I can usually avoid the jukes and catch the heals after that. I always seem to catch DPS, outside of a few mages who've fought enough priests to fake cast their first few Polys

Edit: if in PvE and you know you have poor reflexes, just ask your raid lead to not be on interrupt duty Never missed an interrupt because of the spell's shortcomings.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mutual
    The point is had we been warriors, we would've interrupted the cast as there would've been no lag.
    If you were a warrior you'd be arms spec'd and sitting in battle stance with a two hander out. So you could suffer a 1.5 second GCD swapping a shield in to shield bash and reset your swing timer, or swap to beserker, lose a lot of rage and hope to get the pummel off.

I'm guessing you haven't played a warrior in PvP much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    If you were a warrior you'd be arms spec'd and sitting in battle stance with a two hander out. So you could suffer a 1.5 second GCD swapping a shield in to shield bash and reset your swing timer, or swap to beserker, lose a lot of rage and hope to get the pummel off.

I'm guessing you haven't played a warrior in PvP much.
    My shield bash weapon switch is macro'd and nigh instantaneous.
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by axi0m
    My shield bash weapon switch is macro'd and nigh instantaneous.
    1.5 seconds instantaneous! How many CC's take longer then that to cast?

Edit: And yes I'm aware that shield bash isn't on the GCD, but it's hardly ever fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    Edit: if in PvE and you know you have poor reflexes, just ask your raid lead to not be on interrupt duty Never missed an interrupt because of the spell's shortcomings.
    IF that was directed at me I'm not sure if you've done Heroic 25 Twins but there is normally a VERY short window to interrupt after popping the bubble, reflexes normally have nothing to do with it.
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

I could tell you a number of times my combat log sais that I actually interrupted a spell, and the spell still gets cast and hits... not to mention MF is a spell...
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Maybe it's your raid dps/strat then. Regardless, what I've stated still holds true.

1: I've never had issues with missing interrupts in PvE due to the lag within Mind Freeze.

2: If you know you can't get the heal because bubble is being removed so close to the end of the cast then it's still poor reflexes, just on the part of your rogues instead of you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zox
    I could tell you a number of times my combat log sais that I actually interrupted a spell, and the spell still gets cast and hits... not to mention MF is a spell...

I think every class has similar problems. Rogues with their vanish and healers with the, "I got a heal off, but you managed to die at the same time."

Maybe it's your raid dps/strat then. Regardless, what I've stated still holds true.

1: I've never had issues with missing interrupts in PvE due to the lag within Mind Freeze.

2: If you know you can't get the heal because bubble is being removed so close to the end of the cast then it's still poor reflexes, just on the part of your rogues instead of you.
    99.999% of the time the heal gets off it's because we had bad luck with orb spawn positions during a switch and the bubble doesn't get blown anyway so it can't be interrupted, I've just seen double parses in combat logs where my MF goes off, "interrupts" then a rogue interrupts and the cast actually stops.

The twins thing was just an example of where my MF has gone off during a cast and not interrupted it. Mind you in a raid setting I run ~50-60 fps on Twins with ~70 latency.
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

Quote Originally Posted by axi0m
    99.999% of the time the heal gets off it's because we had bad luck with orb spawn positions during a switch and the bubble doesn't get blown anyway so it can't be interrupted, I've just seen double parses in combat logs where my MF goes off, "interrupts" then a rogue interrupts and the cast actually stops.

The twins thing was just an example of where my MF has gone off during a cast and not interrupted it. Mind you in a raid setting I run ~50-60 fps on Twins with ~70 latency.
    I believe it's pretty clear that it's not latency that's the issue. It's been stated several times that Mind Freeze innately lags, and you just for now have to deal with it.

Besides, from that post it sounds like strat's your problem.

I believe it's pretty clear that it's not latency that's the issue. It's been stated several times that Mind Freeze innately lags, and you just for now have to deal with it.

Besides, from that post it sounds like strat's your problem.
    Not really, we're working on Anub actually.

By giving that percentage I was implying if they get a heal off it was already a wipe.

By orb spawn luck I was speaking of say during a dark vortex people switch to dark and like 5 light orbs spawn right near the essence, which incidentally is the only times we wipe.

edit: I just noticed that you specified problems in PvE specifically I must've misread your initial post and thought you said you never experienced an issue in general. I was agreeing with you about the innate lag and that it wasn't a latency issue btw. Just missed a section of your post haha.
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

interrupting a flash heal / light then seeing the cast go off, a new one start, then get interrupted is great, even better is trying to stop all 3 penance ticks going through.

this si definitely a issue, i feel i have to interrupt a mili second after they start casting to stand a chance of interrupting / getting the kill.

Deleted

Lag is a bitch period no matter what class you play.

Ax, I'm not saying your strat is bad, but it's not the best if it has a hole like that. And more on topic is when I say while Mind Freeze lags, it shouldn't be an excuse in a PvE setting.

Bizatch: that's what you should aim for then :P

Ax, I'm not saying your strat is bad, but it's not the best if it has a hole like that. And more on topic is when I say while Mind Freeze lags, it shouldn't be an excuse in a PvE setting.

Bizatch: that's what you should aim for then :P
    Well yea but can't really skip switching to dark/light during a vortex haha though the reality of it is, that orbs spawning like that is just bad luck same as back on Vael all your healers getting BA'd just luck of the draw. Yea I wasn't using it as an excuse just a poor example of where it could screw someone up.
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd