Thread: PvP Hardmode

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: PvP Hardmode

I think its great to read this coming from a melee, i have several warriors and rogues that sit there and call me bad and terrible when they beat me in 2s, or my favorite losing to an undead rogue in a duel and then being flamed by him for the rest of the day. It gets pretty frustrating whenever the gate opens in 2s and a warrior is on the other team, its just a guaranteed loss. and please dont give me the usual banter about get better, and outplay them, my 2400 2s loses to 1900 warriors all the time when the ques are slow. its a damn joke, 2 shot my pet, then 2 shot me. all while i cant get on a healer long enough to put out ample pressure to try for a kill.

i really only play affliction, but BG as destro and play an RLS with some RL friends to help them out atm as destro, but aff is where my true love is.

aff is really frustrating because of the amount of time it takes to get damage out, and all doing it while getting ass fucked by mele, by the time i get steady damage up, and can start pressuring 2 targets, my healer is way behind due to MS and that fun thing we like to call unrelenting assault.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...g&n=Motivation
    EDIT: just realized im wearing my t6, which i wear alot because i love it, in my armory. i have 5/5 relentless.

oh, and 1k+ resil and 27k health dont help all that much.

Do you really need people to point out that you now are wearing CLOTH instead of PLATE as you were on your 3 previous characters? Of course a geared rogue is going to kill you in the blink of an eye with only 500 resilience.

@OP:

I've been PvPing with my lock at level cap for a long time now, and since Wrath i can't really say I've had problems with platewearers (With the exception of the holyprot pally. Infinite mana ftl.) unless it's a GOOD Dk that actually knows how to use their class. I've gone toe to toe with warriors in a bg and lived just fine (not everytime, but they are far from beign a major problem). Rogues... There's just nothing you can do. Don't waste your trinket, just die. Any pally except holyprot should be a relative cakewalk for you, especially as Affliction. Warriors can't heal themselves and you can, and with the right spec you can get up to 31% damage reduction before resil as a lock, plus siphon life and imp drain life talents and healthstones which can heal your nearly-incvincible ass. Just play with specs a bit more, and try different tactics. Go easy on the fearlocking though, and hold off on DC as long as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcleave
    You dont see the folly of your post? You have to PvP to get resilience.

Not having healers might be a major issue and one of the factors as to why I'm having issues. As Horde on Bloodlust we almost never have healers.
    Heroics will get you the badges you need to get full Deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeddeath
    Heroics will get you the badges you need to get full Deadly.
    And I'm saying 375 res isnt gonna help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalodius
    and hold off on DC as long as you can.
    Agreed, DC to me is an "OH SHEET IM BOT TEH DIE!" move, or if i think I can get a kill from it in a tough fight. I see too many locks use DC prematurely.

I geared my PvP locked via BG's with Demo spec. My survival wasn't as bad as I thought it might have been. As stated above, show up to the fight a lil late :-[

Quote Originally Posted by Carni
    oh ya thought these were funny and related to this post, please dont hate me.
    http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/799...lskilljpeg.jpg
    followed by
    http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8126/imsoskilled.jpg
    That always make me laught.

Fixed (if you go pve gear on a lock and a bg i wont waste a cs on you i will garrote/mut Cold blood evic, you will most likely die from that)
    And if your doing that to someone else you will get instant gibbed. PVE gear, not ten man non heroic ToC gear.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

In BGs, the only class I usually have issues with as an afflic 'lock are Death Knights: anti-caster class vs. caster makes it a bit harder.

In Arena, Rogues and Warriors are the hardest ones to fight/survive against.

To the original poster: aside from "get more resilience," I'd suggest running with the void walker and Demon Armor (if you're not already). Pop Sacrifice for the shield to survive the rogue's opener... I'll leave the rest of the fight up to you.

Dks are hard 1v1, but DK healer in 2s is easy mode for a aff lock. kill his healer.

QQ I SUK AT SUMFIN DAT MEANS ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD

Quote Originally Posted by Jexar
    QQ I SUK AT SUMFIN DAT MEANS ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD
    This thread actually made it to page 3 before a 12 year old nerd-hero arrived. Must be some kind of record.

Jexar,

I'm pretty sure I'm wasting my breath here, but here goes anyway...

This entire thread is dedicated to my opinion on Affliction Warlocks after having played 3 melee classes @ 80. Imo Locks do not have the right tools for the job and because they have poor tools (beside Destro lulzkurdeadbai) they are much much harder to play.

Again this is just my opinion on the matter. I can't help but think while I'm PvPing on my Lock about how much easier it was as a Warrior or DK. As either of those classes I had so many tools at my disposal with short CDs.

After losing a fight I am the kind of player that replays the battle over in my mind and ask myself, what could I have done differently to change that loss to a win and 9 times out of ten 10 I don't have an answer because honestly I don't really have many tools to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by XenofeX
    I think afli is normal mode, try Ele shaman-Enhacement - Spriest to turn on hardmode
    Ele Sham in Arena might not be easy mode but it is disgustingly fun. At around 2k I've run into Rogue, Elemental Shaman (Full PvE Gear). We were so surprised that we almost lost, haha. Thank god for grounding totem.

This thread actually made it to page 3 before a 12 year old nerd-hero arrived. Must be some kind of record.

Jexar,

I'm pretty sure I'm wasting my breath here, but here goes anyway...

This entire thread is dedicated to my opinion on Affliction Warlocks after having played 3 melee classes @ 80. Imo Locks do not have the right tools for the job and because they have poor tools (beside Destro lulzkurdeadbai) they are much much harder to play.

Again this is just my opinion on the matter. I can't help but think while I'm PvPing on my Lock about how much easier it was as a Warrior or DK. As either of those classes I had so many tools at my disposal with short CDs.

After losing a fight I am the kind of player that replays the battle over in my mind and ask myself, what could I have done differently to change that loss to a win and 9 times out of ten 10 I don't have an answer because honestly I don't really have many tools to work with.

Ever try pvping as a Fire Mage? Spriest?Boomkin?Hell even a Demo Lock?
    They have it a lot worse, at least Affliction has viable comps.

Deleted

PvP hardmode, Shadow priest - no one comes close to the hardness of that.

And feking lol at those pics, ssoooo true.

oh ya thought these were funny and related to this post, please dont hate me.
    http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/799...lskilljpeg.jpg
    followed by
    http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8126/imsoskilled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jexar
    Ever try pvping as a Fire Mage? Spriest?Boomkin?Hell even a Demo Lock?
    They have it a lot worse, at least Affliction has viable comps.
    You are missing the point, this is mostly a caster vs melee debate. I ONLY have exp as an affliction Warlock as far as casters go. All I am saying that Warrior, DK and Pally are simply easy mode PvP in compare. I am not saying Affliction is the worst off caster spec.

The fact remains that if you arent a Frost Mage, life is hard as a caster. Ever since the "Being kited to death isnt fun" caster is much worse than it ever was. Luckily for me that I have a geared Warrior to go back to. However, I will feel guilty the next time I slaughter some Priest or Warlock, because the fight is rigged in my favor. I'm sure that after a while I won't care anymore tbh.

Casters have it tough and I am truly glad I rolled a caster and experienced it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalodius
    @OP:

I've been PvPing with my lock at level cap for a long time now, and since Wrath i can't really say I've had problems with platewearers (With the exception of the holyprot pally. Infinite mana ftl.) unless it's a GOOD Dk that actually knows how to use their class. I've gone toe to toe with warriors in a bg and lived just fine (not everytime, but they are far from beign a major problem). Rogues... There's just nothing you can do. Don't waste your trinket, just die. Any pally except holyprot should be a relative cakewalk for you, especially as Affliction. Warriors can't heal themselves and you can, and with the right spec you can get up to 31% damage reduction before resil as a lock, plus siphon life and imp drain life talents and healthstones which can heal your nearly-incvincible ass. Just play with specs a bit more, and try different tactics. Go easy on the fearlocking though, and hold off on DC as long as you can.
    ya have to be facing terrble geared warriors to out heal their dmg output since they also have MS. and they have 2 healing talents one in arms and one in fury tree, im pretty sure u pick both up for arms pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream
    PvP hardmode, Shadow priest - no one comes close to the hardness of that.

This man tells the truth. I consider myself GOOD with my shadow priest and it is still BY FAR the hardest class for pvp i have played yet. :'( :'(

You are missing the point, this is mostly a caster vs melee debate. I ONLY have exp as an affliction Warlock as far as casters go. All I am saying that Warrior, DK and Pally are simply easy mode PvP in compare. I am not saying Affliction is the worst off caster spec.

The fact remains that if you arent a Frost Mage, life is hard as a caster. Ever since the "Being kited to death isnt fun" caster is much worse than it ever was. Luckily for me that I have a geared Warrior to go back to. However, I will feel guilty the next time I slaughter some Priest or Warlock, because the fight is rigged in my favor. I'm sure that after a while I won't care anymore tbh.

Casters have it tough and I am truly glad I rolled a caster and experienced it myself.
    Caster's don't have it much tougher than melee, it's just a cast of different styles of playing. As a melee class, in order to do damage you have to get nice and close to whatever you are fighting. In a BG, a lot of people like not to dying, so almost any ranged person will try to stand near the back of a crowded fight area. If a melee, (say my dk) wants to try to kill that Priest in the back healing everyone, yeah, I have to run through their entire force to get to him, then chance him around to kill him. This makes it a lot easier for the opposite team to see a dk in the group, making me their first target. Of course, being plate, I can survive for that much longer.

As a lock, if you want to stay affliction, that's your choice, just either learn to play it better in BG's or stop qqing because that's what you're doing. You keep saying, 'all i'm saying is that it's MY OPINION'... then you follow that up with factual statements like "DC is horrible made, I have no tools to work with". Well you know what, many many people can play a Aff warlock very well (especially in BG's). Get better gear first, learn how to play an aff warlock effectively (it's not about the 1v1 battles) then you won't get owned.

Lastly, I know for a fact, if you had blues and greens on either a warrior, pally or dk, you wouldn't be able to 'rip' anyone to pieces in a bg. (MAYBE someone in ALL greens), so don't act like a shitty as geared melee class can kill shit easily.