Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 Background Downloader, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    [...}

If my goal here was only to release everything FIRST FIRST FIRST all the time, you'd already know who the next Lich King is.
    Out of curiosity, if your goal here is NOT to release everything FIRST, then what is it?

Edit: was worded wrong, apologies..

- people having troubles getting the downloader to start, delete/move your backgrounddownloader.exe and run the repair.exe tool. This will download the backgrounddownloader again and the patch will begin downloading. Worked for me and several others on the official eu forums. Just a lil' help!

I noticed the background downloader last night. That was at around 10pm US Mountain time. I let it download and it was pretty quick. I checked again around 11pm when I was about to turn the computer off to go to bed and it was done.

Wonder if it's just part of it or the whole thing? 448Mb doesn't seem very big for what is supposed to be the last installment of the Wrath of the Lich King storyline.

Honestly, could that warlock Q&A have been any more useless?

Quote Originally Posted by DETdream
    I noticed the background downloader last night. That was at around 10pm US Mountain time. I let it download and it was pretty quick. I checked again around 11pm when I was about to turn the computer off to go to bed and it was done.

Wonder if it's just part of it or the whole thing? 448Mb doesn't seem very big for what is supposed to be the last installment of the Wrath of the Lich King storyline.
    It's just a pre-patch download so it doesn't take so long on release of 3.3 whenever it is.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

The biggest news from the warlock Q&A is that 3.3 and Cataclysm are pretty much done because apparently the devs have a lot of free time to kill
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands

Is it me, or are Warlock Q&A always quite depressing? I mean I appreciate the effort by Blizzard to try and get some of the curiosity out of the way, but when the majority of the answers is "dunno" or "you has demonic circle k", it's just..

*sigh*

I still love my class, but it's like they stopped caring for locks for most of LK - in a lot of aspects - and hope to make it all up in Cata. With the history warlocks have (mostly the 'we are not sure what direction we want to go to with you guys' ever since release), I'm kinda concerned.

<- Pessimist.

10+ Year Old Account

Well this sucks...every time the background downloader tries to start up, I get a C++ runtime error. >

Quote Originally Posted by Balbaroy
    Honestly, could that warlock Q&A have been any more useless?
    If you read the post, you'll find that GC stated right up front that he really didn't have time to fully address the questions, and that he had hesitations of even responding to it. He did not go hold a meeting and get everybody's status and have a special "Some dude on the forum had a list of warlock questions let's hunker down".

Dude just shut from the cuff and called out his gut answers. Notice he leaves most of it vague. We're not sure how we're going to do this yet. We haven't decided this yet.

Basically, re-align your damn expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad
    My downloader is going slow but it's at 74% at the time of this post.
    It seems like with the gating idea they're going to be having a Christmas Cataclysm launch.
    Are you kidding? This is padding for months to come :/
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad
    What do you mean? Mine finished already. Slowly, but it finished.
    I mean: It does not start.

No window, nothing.

But i see a lot of other people are having the same problem, it seems the launcher downloads a broken BackgroundDownloader.exe.

What worked here, was to do a repair - this will download an OLDER version of the BackgroundDownloader.exe which does work - as long as you don't start the launcher.exe first.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Rogue (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Rogue Weapon Swapping Addon

Shaman (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Elemental Tier 9 Nerf
    We don't want players to stick with older tier sets when new pieces become available. (It's one thing if it's a really good trinket -- it's another if it's your entire set..)

Wow. You totally blow rogues off and address shaman concern about tier concerns.

Why not listen to any t8 rupture fantasies- crittable ticks, OH MY! baseline(/glyphed)- not no 4pc!
    ,-{$$}
    ,-{QQ}
    \)___ :'(
    ) >> \\
    ^- Us.
    ^- Blizz.

just gotta love the warlock q&a . basicly told us nothing at all.
    check out my blog for some gold making tips
    http://anaalius.com/

Also Follow me on Twitter at
    http://twitter.com/anaalius/

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps
    Are you kidding? This is padding for months to come :/
    If you bother to actually READ before assuming you'd see that I meant 2010.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormox
    Fagadin and Gay Knight
    Please do the world a favor and die a slow painful death. Nobody will miss you.

Omg omg omg omg afhioesfa PvE Frostwyrms! I'm very happy! Yay! <3
    Must... level and gear... my Shaman... faster.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

I love BitTorrent.
    IM KILLING INTERNET DRAGONS!

15+ Year Old Account

The warlock Souldhard Q & A is so patheticly funny. Its a long way to Cata but they are talking about the most fundamental part of the class along with demons.

-"Dont know yet"
    -"Havent really talked about it"
    -"No idea"
    -"We hasvent thought about that yet"
    -"We havent thought much of it yet"
    -"Dont know"

Good to see that they are able to calm warlockplayers who are afraid for yet another gaming year of bandage solution and fixes..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Guess what, I put 'effort' into the game just the same as you. The only difference is I don't think my way entitles me only. Top arena folks and progression raiders, you both are often the same breed of stupid.

I'm not a 'casual', arena player, or hardcore raider, I would like more rep based or quest chain things because that's what I do and many out there are like me as well.

You only think your effort is worth more than mine because you need to be right in that you have the better play style. Well guess what, it is all the same worth.

Hell I don't even care if it's 310, give us a 280 frostwyrm via epic quest chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by awha
    Out of curiosity, if your goal here is NOT to release everything FIRST, then what is it?
    To make money off the site? As the french would say "Le Duh"

Shadowmourne news would generate more traffic than Background downloader and a couple of blue post news.
    Why he wouldn't say who the new LK is? Well that would probably kill any source he would have is my guess
    News that generates the most traffic has some priority. Not saying that boub is all about the cash. But it just makes sense.
    You make me smile with my heart.

Well arent they gonna remove the Ulduar Protos?

I believe its likely they will, and therefore the soonest date for 3.3 is in 4 weeks (or was it 2 weeks they wanted to give us after announcing it?).