Purified Shard of the Scale vs Snowflake

I searched for an answer to this but couldn't find anything (apologies if it has already been answered tho):

I had the snowflake (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50260) drop yesterday but am unsure if it should replace my purified shard of the scale (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49310). My other trinket will be Solace of the Defeated (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47041).

At the moment its rare that i run out of mana, but i'm unsure what its going to be like in ICC - i can struggle on HoR first boss(es) with the huge spike damage where i'm constantly 3*FH,GH but apart from that i'm usually fine.

Anyone got an idea of roughly how much mp5 snowflake translates to? The on use haste is good, but if i'm honest i'd stuggle to use it appropriately (hey, i'll admit im not the best player....); but if the Mp5 is comparable / wont gimp my regen i think i'll switch - is that the right decision?

Cheers

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

Re: Purified Shard of the Scale vs Snowflake

Check out the Regen Trinket sticky. Theoretically the Snowflake could be worth a lot; in reality, it's probably worth less than the MP5 trinket you already have. Is the Spark not an option for you? It's superior to both.

as restoration druid, I love the snowflake trinket, the fact that wildgrowth heal 6 targets (with glyph) 7 times, = 462 mana back, it beats it anyday, however for a priest, I might think the pure regen trinket will benefit more, as far as I know your aoe heals have a longer tick (that glyph that adds the little hot to your aoe heal) and it ticks every 3 seconds, so my guess would be the scale.
    stop the elitism

Quote Originally Posted by shayleen
    as restoration druid, I love the snowflake trinket, the fact that wildgrowth heal 6 targets (with glyph) 7 times, = 462 mana back, it beats it anyday, however for a priest, I might think the pure regen trinket will benefit more, as far as I know your aoe heals have a longer tick (that glyph that adds the little hot to your aoe heal) and it ticks every 3 seconds, so my guess would be the scale.
    Not no mo.

They added a "small internal CD" to nerf the regen for druids. I'm not sure what the practical limit is anymore, but your straight math is no longer correct.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

oh well, it used to be very very awesome for resto druids anyway
    stop the elitism

Cheers for the replies. Didnt realise the mana regen trinket sticky had been updated already (read it a while ago). Read the entry for the snowflake..... now i'm a sad panda

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by scism
    Cheers for the replies. Didnt realise the mana regen trinket sticky had been updated already (read it a while ago). Read the entry for the snowflake..... now i'm a sad panda
    There's more specifics on the last page, so it's probably better than 55 MP5, since the CD is 0.4s not 1s, but it's still probably not going to match 85 MP5. Get a Spark of Hope already! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    Not no mo.

They added a "small internal CD" to nerf the regen for druids. I'm not sure what the practical limit is anymore, but your straight math is no longer correct.
    the nerf was also to stop people from using it with VE and never going OOM.

I'll update the first page of the trinket thread too. I seem to have forgotten to do so.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    Not no mo.

Actually, I think that was because of Vampiric Embrace. Shadow Priests with this trinket had infinite mana, since each DoT tick, Mind Flay tick and source of damage granted 55 mana apart from Mind Sear.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

The internal CD on Snowflake procs is .25%. I'd say this trinket is nearly worthless for any other class than a druid in a raid healing situation. However, as a raid healing druid it's still extremely good if you're rolling hots on 4-5 people and a WG on another 5-6 people you're nearly getting a proc every .25sec so a bit less than 220 mp5 probably more like 175. But since it's "while casting" inside the five second rule mp5 it's really really IMBA IMO but only really practical and useful for a resto druid in a raid healing situation. Not too great for five mans for any class I think.

Snowflake is now worse than the spark from ulduar for basically anybody in any high throughput context.

I've picked it up in case they decide to buff it again, right now it's pointless except for a fresh 80 with few other options.