15+ Year Old Account

IE8 problems while typing

I'm having problems with my internet explorer 8 & the chat box I'm typing in right now. Before you go on to flame me saying that I need to switch to firefox or whatever other, I actually prefer IE over others just because of personal reasons. The problem I'm having is that whenever I type the box starts going haywire after a while. When there are about 15-20 lines & the scrollbar appears instead of the box showing the cursor at the bottom it scrolls up to the top for viewing while the cursor is still at the bottom. The only way to describe it is that its on crack spazzing out on the screen. I've had this problem on this computer (new one) and 2 old ones all when I upgraded to IE8. When I use 6 or 7 it doesn't do that but sometimes the whole MMO site is screwed up with them on the layout which is why I upgraded to IE8. Does anybody know a way to fix this other than downgrading to 6 or 7 which are not supported by several sites now & recommend IE8?

Re: IE8 problems while typing

have you tryed switching it to compatibility veiw it's a small button to the right of the address bar and will fix most problems on websites that havent been upgraded for ie8

This is a known bug with text areas and IE8 in standards mode. There's a very simple fix for web designers to use and i'll try to convince Bibi to fix it asap.

I reported this bug on WoWWiki not so long ago and the fix provided was rolled out pretty quickly.

For those who want to know more about the bug and fix for it:
    http://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feed...dbackID=432377
    http://www.ozzu.com/website-design-f...ug-t99866.html

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by addict_104
    have you tryed switching it to compatibility veiw it's a small button to the right of the address bar and will fix most problems on websites that havent been upgraded for ie8
    That was actually the first thing I tried doing because I thought that was the problem. The compatiblity view icon only comes up when the website you're viewing is designed around a lower IE version for its "best viewing". I kept going back & forth between the views and it didn't solve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal
    This is a known bug with text areas and IE8. There's a very simple fix for web designers to use and i'll try to convince Bibi to fix it asap.

I reported this bug on WoWWiki not so long ago and the fix provided was rolled out pretty quickly.

thanks a ton! I had IE8 with my old comp and experienced the same problem so I rolled back to 7 because I thought it was just a problem with my comp & viewing mmo with IE8. When I got a new comp from a new company with completely different specs & upgraded to IE8 and had the same problem I figured it was a problem with IE8 or the site's viewing with IE8 since that was the only things in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal
    This is a known bug with text areas and IE8 in standards mode. There's a very simple fix for web designers to use and i'll try to convince Bibi to fix it asap.

Good to see it's not a problem for just me. Asked it aswell a few weeks ago here and a moderator replied he had never heard of this issue

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77
    I'm having problems with my internet explorer 8 & the chat box I'm typing in right now. Before you go on to flame me saying that I need to switch to firefox or whatever other, I actually prefer IE over others just because of personal reasons. The problem I'm having is that whenever I type the box starts going haywire after a while. When there are about 15-20 lines & the scrollbar appears instead of the box showing the cursor at the bottom it scrolls up to the top for viewing while the cursor is still at the bottom. The only way to describe it is that its on crack spazzing out on the screen. I've had this problem on this computer (new one) and 2 old ones all when I upgraded to IE8. When I use 6 or 7 it doesn't do that but sometimes the whole MMO site is screwed up with them on the layout which is why I upgraded to IE8. Does anybody know a way to fix this other than downgrading to 6 or 7 which are not supported by several sites now & recommend IE8?
    If you encounter annoying problems with IE you should consider changing your browser (downgrading is NOT an optionr) there are more options than firefox or chrome.
    I'm not even saying (but suggesting to) make the other browser your main browser, but for sites you know have problems with IE.
    Other engines are Prestige (Opera) or WebKit (Safari, Conquerer?).
    Just a suggestion if you aren't able to find a solution for the problem soon.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Next person that simply suggests getting <insert browser name here> will be banned.
    If you're going to make suggestions provide some reasoning e.g., like Samin has.

IE = Trident.
    IE6 sucks. IE7 was more of a bug fix with overdue support updates. IE8 brought Trident it inline with other browsers but still not fully up to spec. It's performence is definitely the worst though.

Firefox = Gecko.
    It's stagnated a bit and has as many rendering bugs as any other with the most prevailent old ones still having not been been fixed.

Opera = Presto.
    It also has as many rendering bugs as any other, but they tend not to be as prominent.

Safari & Chrome = Webkit.
    It's the Apple creation based on KHTML. It's not yet as mature as others, and it again also has as many rendering bugs as any other, but is more actively updated and fixed and is currently the most future spec featured engine.

Konqueror = KHTML.
    It's the original engine that Webkit split off from. I can't really judge it as i've never used it, but i suspect it's in the same state as Gecko and while performing slightly worse than Webkit.

I run the Avant over IE8 as my main browser, but i have Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome all installed for testing purposes.