Arms dps advice please

Hi all,

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...moon&n=Sintiel

I am currently an Arms spec Warrior and I am experiencing rather poor dps, on a fight like "The Northrend Beasts" I am getting around 3.5k to 4k dps, I have read many guides and alot of information posted by other warriors, there is alot of conflicting advice and I am rather confused at this point.

It would be greatly appriciated if any knowledgable players could check my spec and gear and point me in the right direction for improving my dps in general. I am aware my rings are sucky, but unfortunatly I have been very unlucky with decent ring drops, I am currently working on my profs

Also my spec does not need to be Arms, I would be happy to go Fury if that would increase my DPS.

Currently as Arms my rotation priorities are Rend>MS>Execute>OP>Slam> Heroic strike when over 70 rage, I only reapply rend after it has expired.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Re: Arms dps advice please

Get more aproximatly 9% armore penetration to ap it when trinket proc,drop improved execute and take weapon mastery.
    When i had simmilar gear like urs i ussualy did 5,5k dps on beasts,i dont use heroic strike on my rotation,slam,slam when ms,op,execute are on cd or not proc.

And btw lvl ur jc and maybe get bs/ench/inscription insted of engineering.

you lack expertise get 2 point in weapon mastery and get an extra 0,75 from gems/items then your capped

basicly some of your attacts gets dodge wich means 0 DPS from those attacks fix that first :P

Spec is fixed, changed 2 points from improved Execute and put them in Weapon Mastery, how much ArP would I need to gem to reach 9% more?

Replace 4-5 of your str gems to ArP gems and you should be fine. I don't know the exact number since I haven't slept in over 24 hours and cant think straight.

Thank you for the feedback, lvling the professions now and fixing the gems, will see what dps I come out with after some testing tonight, thanks again

basically the proc of grim toll equals 44% armor pen, so you want to have 56% passive armor pen from gear and talents. substract 16% from battle stance and 2pt9 and the value you would want to see in your charscreen is 40%. you have 35% atm so get 5% more.

also get the relentless meta gem and put a nightmare tear in a blue slot, adjust the rest to arp, str or str/crit if the socket bonus is like 6str eg in your legs.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Wrathofhell Here's my stats and spec (also in sig) if you're interested, I do around 6.5k - 7k in 25 mans.
    Don't go fury if you're looking for pure dps, it's a bit gimped. (I play fury when the guild isn't doing progressive content, it's just funner imo).

Always do your execute proc before anything else. It can't proc again if it's currently waiting for you to use the current one. The only time I don't use execute as the next skill when it's available is if OP has been procced for 4+ seconds because if you don't use OP within 6 seconds it will just refresh the proc to use it regardless if you've used it or not, so it would be a wasted OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Wrathofhell Here's my stats and spec (also in sig) if you're interested, I do around 6.5k - 7k in 25 mans.
    Don't go fury if you're looking for pure dps, it's a bit gimped. (I play fury when the guild isn't doing progressive content, it's just funner imo).

Always do your execute proc before anything else. It can't proc again if it's currently waiting for you to use the current one. The only time I don't use execute as the next skill when it's available is if OP has been procced for 4+ seconds because if you don't use OP within 6 seconds it will just refresh the proc to use it regardless if you've used it or not, so it would be a wasted OP.
    Yesyes, I'm sure fury is gimped, and all the highend fury warriors out there are simply clueless.

I have updated the gems, I now have the 40% ArP. will see how it goes later on Thanks for the help