Multibox spec question?

Hi guys,

So I've been a lurker for quite a while but would definately say this is one of the most useful forums available, you guys made finishing my paladin a pleasure

I have one question though, my main character is a shadow priest and I recently got my paladin to 80. The silly part is the paladin was my main up until 70 and I only started playing the priest when WotLK was released, after getting the priest where I wanted it I started working on the paladin again, but kept the priest as my main.

I have now reached the point where I would like to go back and get the old dungeon achievements, I was thus thinking of multiboxing with the paladin and the priest in shadow spec.

Which build would you suggest for the paladin though?

I'm currently specced holy, which I doubt will be ideal, so for my dual spec I have to add either Prot or Ret. I'm leaning more towards prot at this stage to maintain threat and then to bring the dps in from the priest.

Any suggestions?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Multibox spec question?

That kind of depends which of the achievements you want. If it's just the Classic content, Retribution will be fine, if you want to do the Burning Crusade heroics, Protection would probably be better.

If your paladin got decent gear and you just want old world and tbc 5man then you could just got prot and have the spriest on follow. If you get block capped as a pala then you take no damage and your aoe is enugh to pull giant packs and kill them in very little time. Also are the spriest and pala on the same account? Since then you are going to be unable to multibox them.

I actually do exactly what you're looking for quite a lot. Here's my advice.

Ret spec the Pally and run with RF up. Heal spec the Priest.

The Ret will be your master and the Priest will be your slave. If you macro the small handful of important healing spells from your Priest onto empty buttons on your Pally, you're set and will almost never have to tab over to your Priest. It's pretty impossible to pull aggro off a RFed Pally with just heals, so aggro is never an issue. A Ret Pally with a Healbot is a soloing machine. SoComm tears through mob pats and Vengeance completely owns bosses. Your Pally is in plate so he's taking a lot less damage than the Priest would if you were DPSing with a clothy and healing with the Pally.

I completely disagree with the ideas that there are no good multi-boxing software and that you will die a lot. Pwnboxer (pwnboxer.com - site down for maintenance atm) is stupid easy to use and I've run through an amazing amount of stuff with Ret Pally/Holy Pally with very very few issues. There is no BC Heroic that can't be done this way and almost all of the regular WOTLK dungeons and several Heroics are fair game too. I did Heroic CoT this way with no deaths at all (I just missed the mount by like 40 min - lol).
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.