Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soloing old content

Anyone tried to solo karazhan yet? i can't get past opera event (the only time i tried was the bad wolf event... i think romulo and juliet i can do it)...
    and u guys, anyone completed it? any advices?
    and about heroics, anyone soloed MgT heroic? would be nice to farm the phoenix pet...
    and the oldeer raid content (vanilla), i never tried anything than ony60 and ZG...
    TONIGHT, WE'LL DRINK MILK IN HELL!!1!1

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Soloing old content

MgT HC has been soloed by many classes, it's quite easy.

Most of Karazhan has been soloed aswell (though, chess is hard/impossible - I only did it with 2). Ony60, ZG & most if not all of MC is soloable aswell. A pally friend of mine is farming his TF there solo, and so am I.

I have solo'd parts of MC, Gehennas is the hardest IMO he has that damn 75% healing reduction curse... I could solo most of BWL (except the first two bosses). I routinely solo lvl 70 heroics for Purple Judgement pieces.

I have 2 manned HMgT, but never attempted it solo. If you want a real challange, try soloing Aq20, thats been pretty tough.

2manned MC with me (balance druid) and prot pala both in not that good gear (hcs/naxx10 back then)
    Onyxia solo, easy

And i saw some lock that solo'd all of MC and did C'Thun PH1 solo, somewhere on warcraftmovies, looked damn cool

i'd like to solo BWL (or duo it) for the t2 itens...

i's better to try as ret or prot?

Quote Originally Posted by Creos Malkor
    I have 2 manned HMgT, but never attempted it solo. If you want a real challange, try soloing Aq20, thats been pretty tough.
    Guess hte hard parts there are Buru and Ayamiss, Ossirian should go down with some gear, i got him to ~15% when i was still in mainly naxx10 gear and the 3 other bosses are jokes. Good cash though (or at least used to be, guess that was nerfed in same patch onyxia gold was nerfed)

each boss in kz runs is 41gold... 3 bosses equals 123g... considering u wipe trying the 4 boss and quits, it's 115g in one afternoon...

the enchant mats are not garb, but u can use to enchant mongoose or sell the mongoose...
    but yeah, 160g to do ony in 5 min was a grat cash ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Maxin
    i'd like to solo BWL (or duo it) for the t2 itens...

i's better to try as ret or prot?
    You're going to need more people for Razorgore and Vael.
    Razorgore since you need 1 to MC him and then some people to clean up the mobs that spawns.
    Vael since well, if everyone knows what to do and you got at least one druid you CAN make it with 3, but i'd recommend at least 6-7 people..

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia
    Guess hte hard parts there are Buru and Ayamiss, Ossirian should go down with some gear, i got him to ~15% when i was still in mainly naxx10 gear and the 3 other bosses are jokes. Good cash though (or at least used to be, guess that was nerfed in same patch onyxia gold was nerfed)
    The main chunk of cash off these bosses is all those books they drop that vendor for 10g each.

Oh yeah Buru and hunter skank are the worst, Angry Ossyrian + tornado = unpleasant

Oh yeah Buru and hunter skank are the worst, Angry Ossyrian + tornado = unpleasant
    Nah, no need to kite Ossirian unless you really want to get him to crystals, and if you tank him where he starts out then you wont get troubled by tornados :P

You're going to need more people for Razorgore and Vael.
    Razorgore since you need 1 to MC him and then some people to clean up the mobs that spawns.
    Vael since well, if everyone knows what to do and you got at least one druid you CAN make it with 3, but i'd recommend at least 6-7 people..
    Vael is not possible with 3 people. Vael casts BA every 15 seconds, even with a b-rez, you wouldn't be able to down him with 3 people. He has 990k health. You would need all three people to do 7.3k DPS sustained for 45 seconds to burn him down. (first person dies within 30 seconds of the start of the fight.)

Nah, no need to kite Ossirian unless you really want to get him to crystals, and if you tank him where he starts out then you wont get troubled by tornados :P
    lol thats a very very good point, i didn't even think about that, i guess i just got in the habit of doing it "the old way" at lvl 60

damn, so i need at least 5+ ppl to help me farm my t2

Vael is not possible with 3 people. Vael casts BA every 15 seconds, even with a b-rez, you wouldn't be able to down him with 3 people. He has 990k health. You would need all three people to do 7.3k DPS sustained for 45 seconds to burn him down. (first person dies within 30 seconds of the start of the fight.)
    It has been 3manned so no :P
    3manned by Blood DK, Fury Warrior and restodruid.
    Restodruid put hots on DK who starts tanking and then goes catform, this way there are no manausers and noone will get the 15 seconds BA.
    The DK will get the 45seconds BA at which point the warrior picks up vael, druid pops to healerform combatresses the DK and pop hots on both then back to catform.

Remember that the only thing holding you back on DPS on Vael is the global cooldowns since your energy/mana/rage will always be full so it's not that hard to imagine 3 people holding a constant 7.3k dps or higher.

each boss in kz runs is 41gold... 3 bosses equals 123g... considering u wipe trying the 4 boss and quits, it's 115g in one afternoon...

the enchant mats are not garb, but u can use to enchant mongoose or sell the mongoose...
    but yeah, 160g to do ony in 5 min was a grat cash ^^
    there are TONS of lowhp mobs that drops 50s+ - it is heaven for prot pallys. Attumen, Moroes, Maiden and all trash between them give you about 300-400g (with selling greens and epics to vendor)

As about opera event, Rom and Jul are hardest for pallys - wasn't able to kill them :S

Big Bad Wolf: long fight but not hard. hardest problem is mana, 2 tricks here - use plea only when your girl form is over to maximize time and use bop\bubble to prevent transforming to girl. and funniest part - it is not bad pallys to die, but not more than once per 2 mins ) i usualy die about 4 times there - Ardent defender ftw!

Wizard of Oz: use cold res aura and kill dorothy first - her water bolts hit hard
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

Prot pallys now solo current content. my friend doesnt even have full 258 gear, 50k with sanct, and he can solo any level 80 heroic. In ICC gear, prot pallys will solo Naxx 10.

WTF, prot pally 50k hp soloing instances?
    u play on privates right? it's just... damn... hard to even imagine

It has been 3manned so no :P
    3manned by Blood DK, Fury Warrior and restodruid.
    Restodruid put hots on DK who starts tanking and then goes catform, this way there are no manausers and noone will get the 15 seconds BA.
    The DK will get the 45seconds BA at which point the warrior picks up vael, druid pops to healerform combatresses the DK and pop hots on both then back to catform.

Remember that the only thing holding you back on DPS on Vael is the global cooldowns since your energy/mana/rage will always be full so it's not that hard to imagine 3 people holding a constant 7.3k dps or higher.
    I admit my wrongness and bow to the superior knowledge, I was thinking from the paladin perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxin
    WTF, prot pally 50k hp soloing instances?
    u play on privates right? it's just... damn... hard to even imagine
    It's not that hard to imagine tbh, my avg item level is 224 and i got 40k hp with sanctuary.
    if i had the brewfest trinkets that would be another 3k hp with sanct. if i had dual Juggernaut trinkets it'd be closer to 4k extra with sanct. Add then tankinggear from ToC 10/25 both normal and heroic and you got yourself a 50k+ tank.