Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Soloing old content

Quote Originally Posted by Creos Malkor
    I admit my wrongness and bow to the superior knowledge, I was thinking from the paladin perspective.
    Yes as a paladin it would be very hard, or can you bubble out of BA? In that case he could just tank and then he wouldn't get the 15 sec BA despite being a manauser since the main aggro target wont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks
    Prot pallys now solo current content. my friend doesnt even have full 258 gear, 50k with sanct, and he can solo any level 80 heroic. In ICC gear, prot pallys will solo Naxx 10.
    He can solo Heroic Occulus? Wow OP!!!!

No, unfortunately BA burns right through bubble..., however I would like to see a hunter tame Vael and have him for a pet for Essence of the Red. I have to say in vanilla that may be one of my favorite encounters.

And I still hate Chromaggus

the hard part is not he with 50k...

is he soloing lvl 80 heroics
    TONIGHT, WE'LL DRINK MILK IN HELL!!1!1

In ICC gear, prot pallys will solo Naxx 10.
    and i have a new signature!

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

i can see already: "The amount of gold droped from Naxx 10 has beem reduced by roughtly 90% because many protadins were soloing it"

Bwl is quite good 2 mannable
    Razergore ads can be soloed by a pala healer. consecration and ret aura will slowly kill them. On my alt pallie i got a ret/holy healing build with judge of the wise. Had no trouble getting mana and keeping myself up, pvp gear used.
    Vael, it's possible to 2 man it even. i did it with warrior tank and my main, feral druid.
    Hardest part was keeping aggro even. with me doing 8-9k dps over the whole fight. peaking at 13-14k in cat i guess.
    Warrior runs in, pops shieldwall + enraged regen quite soon. so he was at 50% still when he got burning adrenaline. When he died, i went bear. popping berserk for no cooldown on mangle and finished him off.
    Rest of the drakes are quite simple with a dps warr + healer. Just takes a while. The warrior had to go prot for ebonrock. With low to no avoidance it's not possible to out-dps the healing.
    We didn't try Chromaggus though. Seeing we didn't had the dispellers needed. It might be possible with priest - balance druid combo. 3 manning is quite simple, just need all de dispellers there.
    Neffy should be quite simple as well. Pala healer bubbles when the ads come, just need a tank to pick them up then. And yeah, it will take a while with 2

15+ Year Old Account

I've solo'd all of molten core, the 3 mini-dragons of BWL (group stopped after vael, i continued myself a couple of days later), the first boss of AQ40, all of kara except netherspite (impossible to outdps green heal), chess isn't that hard just takes quite a few attempts to find the way to do it and a few of the level 80 heroics

I'm prot, 45k~ unbuffed and just over 49k with Sanc, fact is alot of bosses aren't hard to solo, just need some thought:
    MC - Gehennas is probably the hardest in here, raggy a close second, i used full Shadow Res gear for gehennas and constantly kited him so his rain of fire never got more than one tick in, res also helped to stop the healing debuff being up 100% and keep my hp high
    BWL - Before you say you can't solo the healing dragon its quite easy as prot, in a block set the dragon will never actually hit you, just bring your onyxia cloak for the shadowflame and its fairly easy, getting past vael/Razorgore will require help though
    AQ40 - I've only actually bothered the first one and was quite hard, nuking the adds quick enough and keeping SoL/JoL on your targets and they'll go down eventually, just dont be afraid to use cooldowns
    Kara - The first 3 are easy, Romeo and Juliet is probably not doable since we dont have enough interrupts for the heals, nor enough healing to stay alive long enough, Chess will probably take 5 or 6 attempts, just move a couple of peons out of the way of the king/queen then when the other team cheats move them out, while ur not moving pieces make sure ur the queen nuking their king constantly
    MgT - Solo'ing kael is probably the hardest part, if you go in as ret you can likely nuke him down before his pyro and its easy from there

15+ Year Old Account

In ICC gear, prot pallys will solo Naxx 10.
    right.. no boss enrage in naxx 10.. lol :

solo doomwalker as prot a lot, he drops around 480g + 2 BoE epic items which still sell for around 150-200g each
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Never expected to see the words chess event, hard, and impossible in the same sentence and agree with... weird.

Power corrupts. Knowledge is power. Study hard. Be evil.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Moopuff
    Never expected to see the words chess event, hard, and impossible in the same sentence and agree with... weird.
    It's impossible to solo simply because you're not using your *real* character to do so.

You use one of the pieces.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

I just 2 manned karazhan, Prince, chess event etc all but netherspite cause you can't.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Actually, me and a friend soloed netherspite the key is some good dps, and let the least neccesary beam go But we managed it quite easily and and whole naxx went down

As a DK u can actually solo Netherspite... just Death And Decay his patrol route and run out of the room...

he'll follow you, but the beans will stay in the room... so u can easyly dps him

I 3 man MC + BWL every week for TF/Sulfuras and my Judgement set. Prot pally and 2x DK, blood/unholy speccs. Its easy and the only problem is that I have to CR from Vael since I'm the first one to die there. Its not even hard and its about 600g per person and takes 1-2 hours depending on afking and curse durations.

Kara was a bit boring to do but ran through it with the same group without any problems anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownage2112
    Actually, me and a friend soloed netherspite
    I'm not quite sure you understand the meaning of solo.

On Topic: On my paladin alt (in mostly uld10 with a couple grabs from toc), I manage to consistently get ZG(-hakkar), and through opera in Kara, though R+J was undoable due to the previously mentioned heals.

Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    MgT HC has been soloed by many classes, it's quite easy.

Most of Karazhan has been soloed aswell (though, chess is hard/impossible - I only did it with 2). Ony60, ZG & most if not all of MC is soloable aswell. A pally friend of mine is farming his TF there solo, and so am I.
    Long time ago (1/3 BC) there was a bug where a single person could start a new Kara ID, pass the back door with a trick and solo the chess event without pulling any mobs. It was not really hard but with bad luck it just took some tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad
    I just 2 manned karazhan, Prince, chess event etc all but netherspite cause you can't.
    you can shoot the frisbee at netherspite when he is closest to the gate you can actually manage to run out
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

as a warrior i dont have many tricks to solo bosses with damaging abilities (lol)
    but i do manage to solo garr on weekly base..i want my obsidian edged to dual wield with my obsidian edged
    oh..and thunderfury, blessed blade of the windseeker ^^