Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soloing power of a druid

Can a druid in bear form with epic feral gear solo..say ragnaros or thekal for his mount, or solo BC heroics?

How can a druid's soloing power compare with a paladin? If I wanted a great solo class(I like soloing old content, dunno why), is paladin really my bet or could druid match a DK or a paladin?

EDIT: reason is I'm finding my DK boring as hell, I wanted to do the quest chain then just said "ah what the hell" and proceeded to get him to 80, now I just don't like him :s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

Re: Soloing power of a druid

dk, pala, druid are good. with tankgear, spec and skill

all three can clear old stuff like zg and bc heros.

thekal with his silence is annoying as paladin
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Yea like bone123 said all 3 classes can solo pretty much any non raid from 1-70 maybe even 80 with decent gear, Thekal is very easy as a bear and you can even switch to cat a large part of the fight since you get insane regen on the birds. Raggy is again easy as a druid since you got charge and cant get mana burned, but paladins cant something druids can not and that is block, even with 30-50% crit chance in bear and critting on lacerate then you can not block more then maybe 2-3 times each global if you stack lacerate on a few targets is is ofc alot but still alot less then a pala that can block every single melee attack from 50mobs when they are so much below them in lvl, this is not a huge problem since you can get healed from Ilotp but if you are stupid or make large pulls in like hc bloodfurnace then even in t9 gear you can get killed due to mobs stunning you.

All in all I would say if you get decent raid gear, spec tank then both your pala and druid can clear what ever you want but if you act stupidly and dont think about stuns/silence or have your back turned to the mobs then you can still die in 60-70 instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus
    Can a druid in bear form with epic feral gear solo..say ragnaros or thekal for his mount, or solo BC heroics?

How can a druid's soloing power compare with a paladin? If I wanted a great solo class(I like soloing old content, dunno why), is paladin really my bet or could druid match a DK or a paladin?

EDIT: reason is I'm finding my DK boring as hell, I wanted to do the quest chain then just said "ah what the hell" and proceeded to get him to 80, now I just don't like him :s.
    My druid, pally, and DK are all 80. My druid and pally are tanks (toc25/htoc10 gear). Both can solo rag or thekal without any problem (thekal's silence is annoying, but hotr still works).

Basically, pallys have somewhat more mitigation than ferals (slightly more uptime and blockvalue with HS vs SD, and SS is great-- though most of the benefit is going away in 3.3). Also important, you can set up pallys to have a lot more hps coming in than ferals with JoL and SoL. Makes some fights easier. (I'm not counting the ability to shift out and heal yourself as feral, because that possibility's very situational).

That being said- both are really good at soloing. I gain hitpoints on most ZG fights as feral. The current soloing difference between the two classes isn't often relevant.

Roll a lock,great fun and you can solo almost everything

So far on my list: full MC clear 26times! full ZG 5+. Aq20 2 times and got doomguard(world boss) to 49% last time i tried 4 months ago... Have yet to try a bc heroic,see no point in it :P
    Takes quite a bit og aggro/pet managment skills. But I love soloing stuff more than pushing hc modes in ulduar/totgc25. (10 is a joke)

<3 warlocks

Yes i know protadins can solo lvl 80 heroics

soloed every hc in tbc loads its easy just dont underestimate how hard they hit . did this in feral pvp deadly gear a while back though so now should be a faceroll tbh m8. raids are ok aswell i guess depends on which ones, but i know that kara mount run and zg ones are soloable if you do them right.
    W From] [80:Sheriffen:1]: Recount - Nexttosmelly's Hostile Attacks: Starfire
    [W From] [80:Sheriffen:1]: 1. Crit 18 (90%) (Min: 0 Avg: 21004 Max: 32405)

I farmed heroic sethekk halls alot of times for the mount (got it this week, yay), which is really easy.
    Farming ZG raptor and tiger boss whenever I feel like it.

In all these cases I never go below 90% hp.
    I have tanking as an offspec, so my staff and trinkets are ilvl 200, 2xt7.5, rest random toc5, toc10, onyxia etc.

Soloing druid can not beat a soloing pally end of thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bone123

So can a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by bone123

thekal with his silence is annoying as paladin
    word i clear ZG and Sethekk and Kaelthas on a daily basis.

As a druid, you can solo almost anything from WotLK heroics and below. If you can't solo something, it's because there is a fight mechanic that literally cannot be overcome due to lack of people.

Example: Soloing all of KZ as a feral is an easy achievement to do (good money, as well), but good luck defeating Netherspite solo since you'll only be able to block the green beam once every other portal session. Have fun with Illhoof and his chains. Same with other fights such as Vael in BWL, or something as stupid as the first boss fight in UK with chain iceblocking while you get shadowbolt spammed. Most pre-BC content, including 40man raids, you can get away with having just 2-3 ppl including yourself max.

The reason I like to clear old content solo as a bear is not only does it yield a significant amount of gold, but it gives you a good idea of what you're capable of as a bear in other tanking situations. The only reason a paladin/warrior should ever have an easier time soloing content is if the fight requires a ton of interrupts that can't be solved with Bash and Feral Charge or you're getting hit by so many things so fast that shield block > Savage Defense (however this generally never an issue with bosses, maybe trash pulls at best).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account

Both have their strong points, althoug I would like to point out the possible advantage of being able to stealth (and in the case of a nightelf, shadowmelt+catform+prowl macro ftw)

Might be a limited perk, but first thing that pops in my head is druids solo'ing the LBRS spiderboss for the Wildheart boots back at lvl 60 By pure coinsidence, druids turned out to be the perfect counterweapon against this boss;

We could stealth through half of the instance straight to the boss, abolish his poisons, we could tank him in bearform and (due to all being resto-specced back then) go casterform > cast sleep > heal > shift to bear... rinse and repeat

pff I really do miss those days!

a druid in my guild has soloed all of zg, a few bosses in AQ40, 70 heroics, well MgT and sethekk for mouts, and most of kara. Id say a bear can solo just as much as a pala or a dk could.

The only thing that gives me trouble on my bear is soloing bosses that do spell damage. If the damage is physical then it's easy mode.

Currently I do:

ZG for the raptor mount (I kill tiger for friends as I have the mount) & raptor pet to sell
    Kara for Attuman's mount (stupid horse never drops)
    Seth Halls for Raven lord for friends (I have the mount)
    Magister's Terrace for friends (I have the mount, pet & orb)

Quote Originally Posted by Furio 1
    a druid in my guild has soloed all of zg, a few bosses in AQ40, 70 heroics, well MgT and sethekk for mouts, and most of kara. Id say a bear can solo just as much as a pala or a dk could.
    Can we have a video of soloing Hakkar? With the mind control it is kinda hard.... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Craigadiddle
    Can we have a video of soloing Hakkar? With the mind control it is kinda hard.... :P
    '
    he doesnt mc when are solo tho

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

He does mc when solo if you have pets of some sort. Bloodworms, treants, hunter and wlock pets and such...

Quote Originally Posted by Stacia
    He does mc when solo if you have pets of some sort. Bloodworms, treants, hunter and wlock pets and such...
    He mind-controls whether you got a pet up or not.
    Active: Monk
    Active: Rogue
    Active: Paladin
    Inactive: Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Shaizuko
    He mind-controls whether you got a pet up or not.
    Actually no he doesn't, did it yesterday on my Pally, I didn't get MC'd once during the fight.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight
    Actually no he doesn't, did it yesterday on my Pally, I didn't get MC'd once during the fight.
    The number of times I've solod it is honestly probably like.... five. Normally I just do my weekly raptor/tiger runs and call it a day. Hakkar -will- mc you for a brief second, even if solo, if you're unlucky this will reset the fight and he'll go back to full hp.

Hakkar has a 10 minute enrage timer, its easy to beat. The trick is to keep up lacerates as feral, or just something, because of how game mechanics work, I doubt it actually helps, but, I've never seen him actually reset with them up. I have however, seen him reset without them. Normally if he MCs it just breaks right after and the fight continues.