Thread: str > agi ?

str > agi ?

hey all. im pretty new to druids. from what ive understood from talking to other druids in game, and looking at their gear, i always thought agi is your primary dps stat.

well, i switch out agi for str on a few pieces, and my atk pwr and dmg (on character sheet) both increase compared to the same amount of agi.

am i missing something? or was i just ill informed and str is the primary dps stat?

thx in advance.

Re: str > agi ?

Agility is still king. ArPen is much better than STR/AP and it is only better than agility at high levels. If you're not rocking 245 gear then you should stick with agility.

thats what i thought. but is there a reason my character sheet shows my damage / attack power increasing with strength > agility? thats what is throwing me off.

you get 2 ap per str compared to 1 per agil (not exact) but you dont receive crit. But like get said agil is your better stat till you can get your hands on runestone/grim toll and around 400 arp from gear ungemmed...at least thats what i read last time i played my druid

Str does increase your attack power by 2 or perhaps a bit more with talents, however, the 1ap from agi + crit rating you get turns out to be better than the straight ap from str.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanked
    hey all. im pretty new to druids. from what ive understood from talking to other druids in game, and looking at their gear, i always thought agi is your primary dps stat.

well, i switch out agi for str on a few pieces, and my atk pwr and dmg (on character sheet) both increase compared to the same amount of agi.

am i missing something? or was i just ill informed and str is the primary dps stat?

thx in advance.
    Strength increases attack power (which increases your attack damage) by 2 where as agility only increases it by 1 and ONLY in catform (so if you're in nightelf/tauren form you wont see it on your character sheet) but agility also increases critical strike chance so it will almost always be better until you're armor pen capped and at the critical strike softcap (which you'll probably never see so don't worry about it)

i get it now. thanks everyone for you replies. i was looking at my sheet while in cat form, that wasnt the problem. but i do get why agi is better now. never thought about the crit factor.

yea, it will prob take me a while to build up the arp, especially since this is an alt :P

thanks again peeps.