Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Ret Pally with Low DPS :( (lvl 80, 4535 GS)

There is totally no FAQ for Ret Paladins out there that would tell you everything you need to know to help you out before you post yet another topic about your DPS being low, thank you for posting another topic about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Rspec
    Vindication: Vindication doesn\'t do a big difference on bosses anymore. They\'ll just crit the tanks anyways.

Eye for an Eye: Criticals against YOU. In PvE, normally, they are inflicted on the tank, so you can lose that too. Hope I\'ve been useful.

Raven

WHAT. Get the fuck off my Internet.

(Double post are win)
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.

You know your build and your gear are both in the armory right?

So, either that is a PvP spec or I dont know what is. You are a dps. You dont need to heal, therefore, why are your points on Healing Light? But at least you got Seals of the Pure. Thats a start.

In the prot tree, if you want to be raid helper, wich most of the retribution paladins in my guild are, Remove Guardian's Favor and put 5 points on Divinity and 1 on Divine Sacrifice. I know its 1 point more than it should be. I'll get to it.

On the Retribution Tree, everything is right EXCEPT Three Things:

Judgement of the Wise: Should be Topped. Retribution Paladins have low mana. No mana = No dps

Vindication: Vindication doesn't do a big difference on bosses anymore. They'll just crit the tanks anyways.

Eye for an Eye: Criticals against YOU. In PvE, normally, they are inflicted on the tank, so you can lose that too. Hope I've been useful.

Raven

I ROFLed at that! If your tank is being CRIT... he should be immediately kicked from the raid!
    So much FAIL today.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Been playing WoW for 5 years now. With all the nOObs coming in, you would think they would have the intelligence to actually READ,RESEARCH, and IMPLEMENT the information that has been FREELY given to them.

It has become so bad that people can not even read the STICKIED on the top of the forum that explains EVERYTHING you need to know about your class. (not to mention the common sense portion)

I understand that things change sometimes, but usually we have threads posted about the changes. Think people would actually take the 10 mins to read the post. NOPE.

We have become a society of "Give me what I want with out me putting out the effort". Very sad that you can actually see that in a VIDEO GAME now.
    /Sigh
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic
    Been playing WoW for 5 years now. With all the nOObs coming in, you would think they would have the intelligence to actually READ,RESEARCH, and IMPLEMENT the information that has been FREELY given to them.

It has become so bad that people can not even read the STICKIED on the top of the forum that explains EVERYTHING you need to know about your class. (not to mention the common sense portion)

I understand that things change sometimes, but usually we have threads posted about the changes. Think people would actually take the 10 mins to read the post. NOPE.

We have become a society of \"Give me what I want with out me putting out the effort\". Very sad that you can actually see that in a VIDEO GAME now.
    /Sigh
    I really like the people you see who say they have been in an end-game hardcore (other cool adjectives here) guild and they have all this end game gear, and they cannot figureo ut how to spec or wonder why the Shield attack willnot work with their two hand sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    your main problem is that you use seal of command. Heroics there is lots of aoe damage so command hits harder due to the chain. Raiding however, use command for trash, and vengeance on bosses. your dps will be low until you get 5 stacks up, then it'll rise quickly.
    this is very true, also if you dont have 26 expertise use the Seal of vengenace glyph for the 10 more expertise (if you are at 25 exp the I wouldn't worry too much about that glyph)

Rotation i use:

Divine Storm -> Crusader Strike -> Concecration -> Judgement(make sure a JoW is ALWAYS up on the target for additional mana gain. if someone else has it up use light to help healers) -> Crusader Strike -> Exorcism -> Divine Storm -> Crusader Strike -> Concecration -> Judgement -> Pause (good timing for HoS or DP as this pause is caused by exorcism not being off cd).

Wash Rinse Repeat
    no no no

the priority list goes as follows (generally speaking)

Hammer of Wrath>CS>Judge>DS>Consecrate>Exorcism and then Holy Wrath if you are fighting undead (ie like all of naxx and ICC)

Wings after you hit 5 stacks of vengeance, and every time it's off cd after that. it's not on the GCD so you can punch it whenever.
    this is true, I see a lot of ret pallies using wings at the very begining of the fight and then they wonder why Im way ahead in dmg done and thats one BIG reason. doing it at the start of the fight only allows for 8 or so seconds of AW to be on whle 5 stacks is up, which when compared to 20 secs of 5 stacks + AW, well it just doesn't compare (you melee hits do the 38% more dmg + the 20% from AW, and you should be able to fit in 3 judgements,
    make sure to pop wings right before judgement comes off CD for the first time after 5 stack)

and so the op can SEE what we are saying gear wise
    my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Hand&n=Alenko ignore the meta (you're using the right one) and ignore the 10str 15 stam gem in my boots, I didn't have another red gem when I was geming them and since I can replace the boots (and helm) easily Im going to wait to get the correct gems.

also the 10st 10 crit gems sould only be used in sockets with bonuses of +4 str and +6 str when you have 2 pc T9 otherwise 20str

gear score, means nothing.. stop using it, and tell your server their morons for asking about gs for instances

what happened, why did wow players get so lazy that they have to use one number, or one achivement, (epic lol, suck for the contents we have now) to base if a player is good, use inspect / armory like in tbc, or just do guild runs / friends run only
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus
    gear score, means nothing.. stop using it, and tell your server their morons for asking about gs for instances

what happened, why did wow players get so lazy that they have to use one number, or one achivement, (epic lol, suck for the contents we have now) to base if a player is good, use inspect / armory like in tbc, or just do guild runs / friends run only
    I just transferred servers and all day long trade chat is filled with "LFM _____ pst achiev and stats and come to north bank for inspection." I thought it was maybe one person but after a few hours on the server I noticed that EVERYONE making pugs does it. You would think it was the same person making the groups as the messages in trade are identical. Every now and then you get the one that throws in, "min 4500gs." I did an inspection of one of them making one of these groups and the guy/girl didn't even have gems in their chest. I had a good laugh.

If you are unguilded on a server like that, you better hope you have some nice friends or you'll be lucky to ever find a group outside of a heroic now and then. Then again, judging by the people forming the groups, you are probably better off not joining the pugs anyways.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    I just transferred servers and all day long trade chat is filled with "LFM _____ pst achiev and stats and come to north bank for inspection." I thought it was maybe one person but after a few hours on the server I noticed that EVERYONE making pugs does it. You would think it was the same person making the groups as the messages in trade are identical. Every now and then you get the one that throws in, "min 4500gs." I did an inspection of one of them making one of these groups and the guy/girl didn't even have gems in their chest. I had a good laugh.

If you are unguilded on a server like that, you better hope you have some nice friends or you'll be lucky to ever find a group outside of a heroic now and then. Then again, judging by the people forming the groups, you are probably better off not joining the pugs anyways.
    any reason why you transfered there? :-X
    Because the day my realm start this bullshit about gear score, im migrating (its already not that great either)!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    any reason why you transfered there? :-X
    Because the day my realm start this bullshit about gear score, im migrating (its already not that great either)!
    Our guild needed a new home, and that is where we ended up. Someone must not have done their research >.< lol

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata
    dont forget heroics trade in those useless badges
    If I know I have a piece that I'm going to replace in a week or 2, I really wouldn't care to enchant it with anything higher than a blue.

Depending on price... time..availability ... whatnot... Is it *that* hard to imagine to put green gems on bad items?

(didnt' checked OP's gear, but ... i assumed he had bad ones due to ret depends more on gear to dps than skill... and seemed he replaced all his gems.)

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose

I know on proudmoore and blackrock (where we are pugging most of ToGC) we started using pugchecker.com However using the wow armory is still probably the best way to form a pug. It weeds out the fail people that do not gem right / use the wrong gear type. You can also check their achievement list there also.

As far as gear score, I think it was the lazy mans way to say you know how to gear. Even though you can trick the system. Seen a 5k+ gear score person be a complete failure and surprisingly that happens quite a lot.
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTree
    If I know I have a piece that I'm going to replace in a week or 2, I really wouldn't care to enchant it with anything higher than a blue.

Depending on price... time..availability ... whatnot... Is it *that* hard to imagine to put green gems on bad items?

(didnt' checked OP's gear, but ... i assumed he had bad ones due to ret depends more on gear to dps than skill... and seemed he replaced all his gems.)
    Hey, have done the same thing. Knowing I am going to go into and instance and immediately replace something, why gem it with an epic gem, but the fact is that rare gems are pretty cheap now.

Also, I know the RNG for drops can be a pain. Anyone else see the lack of Plate Boots? There are like 3 drops and 1 crafted (before ToC25). Seems like the RNG hates me on that.
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by soulsoldier
    WOW, a huge help...(with the exception of the A$$ comment from namingsucks, even I know that is a different score)

I really do appreciate all the input! I am going to take it all into consideration and I am sure it will help.

Thanks again all!
    I havne't seen your gear, but your spec is really messed up. Pursuit of Justice is not very useful in pve, except in fights when you run a lot. Healing light is useless, as is vindication. Guardian's favor is also not needed, excpet if your guildmates pull aggro or do stupid stuff. Eye for an eye is also a pvp talent.

As for using seal of wisdom, rets use corruption(at least when I stopepd playing one). If you need mana, try to use consecration in moderation.

Edit: Actually, pursuit of justice is fine, according to most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlusted
    I havne't seen your gear, but your spec is really messed up. Pursuit of Justice is not very useful in pve, except in fights when you run a lot. Healing light is useless, as is vindication. Improved blessing of protection is also not needed, excpet if your guildmates stand in fire or pull aggro or do stupid stuff. Eye for an eye is also s pvp talent.

As for using sel of wisdom, rets use corruption(at least when I stopepd playing one). If you need mana, try to use consecration in moderation.
    LOL HoP for Fire DMG? Made my day. THX
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

LOL HoP for Fire DMG? Made my day. THX
    It was actually an example of doing retarded things. And actually, i was thinking about the bubble. Now that I fixed it, are your 1337 eyes better?

Vindication: Vindication doesn't do a big difference on bosses anymore. They'll just crit the tanks anyways.

Eye for an Eye: Criticals against YOU. In PvE, normally, they are inflicted on the tank, so you can lose that too. Hope I've been useful.

Raven

Vindication helps a ton actually, if you look at the talent again it lowers the AP value of the target which actually minimizes a lot of physical damage to the tank over the course of the fight and properly geared Tank shouldn't be crit, if they are the mob has some mechanic that increases their chance to crit(the Valk'yr north of Dalaran in Storm Peaks come to mind). Assuming you have the spare points and you don't have a Prot Paladin that picked it up there's no reason not to take it. Vindication is also up for as long as you are a live and hitting the target.

I ROFLed at that! If your tank is being CRIT... he should be immediately kicked from the raid!
    So much FAIL today.
    Even more fail in this post, I frequently swap gear to lower my avoidance and defense while tanking certain encounters just so I can generate and keep threat.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTree
    Unless its a crafted item or comes from badges how do you know your going to replace it in two weeks?

I'd personally treat the item as if I'd have it for at least a month since if the next best item is in fact a drop and RNG does hate me I may as well treat it as if I'm going to have it for a while.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Where else are you going to put the last 8 talent points. The standard DPS build is 5/5/53 with 8 points left over. Anyways pursuit of justice is decent for PvE. Knockbacks such as on the Beasts, Disarms on the Faction Champs. Every little bit counts.

Guardians Favor is good for Anub, and Faction Champs. 4 Sec more of HoF is nice when your running around on Ice that had a 30% slowing affect.

Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight
    Vindication helps a ton actually, if you look at the talent again it lowers the AP value of the target which actually minimizes a lot of physical damage to the tank over the course of the fight and properly geared Tank shouldn't be crit, if they are the mob has some mechanic that increases their chance to crit(the Valk'yr north of Dalaran in Storm Peaks come to mind). Assuming you have the spare points and you don't have a Prot Paladin that picked it up there's no reason not to take it. Vindication is also up for as long as you are a live and hitting the target.

Even more fail in this post, I frequently swap gear to lower my avoidance and defense while tanking certain encounters just so I can generate and keep threat.
    O.o why would you lower you Defense below 540 (not counting any resilience) to generate and keep threat. As it is I believe we are the easiest tank to keep and generate threat. I know in my Off Spec gear I pull off of Warriors and Druids very easily if I am not careful.

If you are being CRIT it is an unreliable/predictable amount damage coming in. Now if you are talking about 5 mans, pft I Ret Tank that crap.
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

15+ Year Old Account

I know on proudmoore and blackrock (where we are pugging most of ToGC) we started using pugchecker.com However using the wow armory is still probably the best way to form a pug. It weeds out the fail people that do not gem right / use the wrong gear type. You can also check their achievement list there also.

As far as gear score, I think it was the lazy mans way to say you know how to gear. Even though you can trick the system. Seen a 5k+ gear score person be a complete failure and surprisingly that happens quite a lot.
    I can understand checking for ToGC, but I'm talkin 10 VoA, 10 regular ToC, stuff you could do with 5 people. And how does someone that pugs most of their groups get the achievement for something like ToC regular if they aren't allowed into the group until they show they've completed it. Pretty sad.