Heroic: The Lich King will be that difficult?

When I read today's news, regarding the new Glory of the Icecrown Raider mounts, I noticed that defeating the Lich King on Heroic is not a prerequisite for your mount. This kind of intrigued me, as I'm a member of a raiding guild that has their drakes in Ulduar and Naxxramas.

Glory of the Icecrown Raider (25)

The only two achievements regarding him are:

Been Waiting A Long Time For This

Neck Deep In Vile

So, what do you think? Will Arthas really be that hard?

Re: Heroic: The Lich King will be that difficult?

i think hes included in frostwing halls, isn't he?

but yea i hope it'll be an epic battle

Nope, he is not.

Heroic: The Frostwing Halls

I'm pretty sure it includes killing him as you need the achievement of taking down all the wings along with the other achieves.

It's just the PTR. Things change consistently. All we can do is sit and wait for the live version.

Yogg-Saron 'Heroic' wasn't technically part of the Ulduar drakes either, he wasn't at his very hardest during One Light. So presumably this means that The Lich King will be pretty hard, yeah.

hmm, perhaps blizz will change it prior to the patch.

could remain the way it is tho. you still have to kill him on normal to reach hc and algalon wasnt part of the ulduar drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Listorian
    When I read today's news, regarding the new Glory of the Icecrown Raider mounts, I noticed that defeating the Lich King on Heroic is not a prerequisite for your mount. This kind of intrigued me, as I'm a member of a raiding guild that has their drakes in Ulduar and Naxxramas.

Glory of the Icecrown Raider (25)

The only two achievements regarding him are:

Been Waiting A Long Time For This

Neck Deep In Vile

So, what do you think? Will Arthas really be that hard?
    In the meta achieve, you can see one of the achieves required is the Neck Deep In Vile achieve that has to deal with killing the lich king that you posted right after.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    In the meta achieve, you can see one of the achieves required is the Neck Deep In Vile achieve that has to deal with killing the lich king that you posted right after.
    Yes, but it doesn't say that you're required to defeat the Lich King on *heroic mode*, just that you have to defeat him in a special way.

I'm assuming it's an oversight for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Yes, but it doesn't say that you're required to defeat the Lich King on *heroic mode*, just that you have to defeat him in a special way.

I'm assuming it's an oversight for now...
    Perhaps, and perhaps hes just super hard :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Actually Blizzards statement about "everyome must see all content" is contradicting the fact that "raid will be hard".
    It can't be hard when you need to create it for the lowest common denominator, the below-average drooling kid who can't move from fire.

This is where all the issues come in.

With a lore, where they depict epic battles, hardened heroes, its just does not cut it that you walk up and smackgob these guys in the face without any effort on "normal mode". Then, when you say its easy, they say "do it on hard mode". But hardmodes become very easy after a few patches pass - and everyone has hardmodes when you outgear them but get the same achievements.

I think if Blizzard would just make normal modes bossess leave loot behind, and escape, rather than fight till death, would restore some of the belief to lore, as you don't kill them on normal mode. And bosskills would happen on heroic. Also casual players would kill bossess, just a bit later when they have massively outgeared them.

But... still have a slight hope that ICC will be harder than TOC, and ICC will be more closer to design philosophy to Ulduar than Naxx or TOC.

I doubt it. They wouldn't do limited attempts if it was that hard.