Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: How to increase dps?

Wait for the next patch before upgrading your gear. You will waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage
    You are a DK. You need to get to the hit (296 for dks) and expertise (26) caps and then stack as much strength (gear and gems) as possible.
    296 is above the melee and spell hit cap, you want 263 for the melee cap but hit rating continues to be somewhat useful up to the spell cap at 289.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by CatzDtroll
    Well if u miss half the time, you do half the dmg you could do if u werent missing.
    Are you saying you 50% of your attacks miss when you're 4% short of the hit cap? Do you miss 100% of attacks with 0 hit rating? Can you therefore not hit anything as a level 1?

I'm beginning to understand what people say about these forums and understanding of game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    Are you saying you 50% of your attacks miss when you're 4% short of the hit cap? Do you miss 100% of attacks with 0 hit rating? Can you therefore not hit anything as a level 1?

I'm beginning to understand what people say about these forums and understanding of game mechanics.
    No im not saying that... Just dunno how to put it. I meant that he needs to reach the hit cap, cuz its important.
    Not that he misses 50% of his attacks if he has 50% oh the hit cap rating. You dont have to act like a dick.
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Quack.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...h&n=Lathatdark

I can do 3.5 k dps in heroics and our gear is pretty equal all in all, I see you respecced to Unholy, I'm not sure thats going to help a lot.

Practice your rotations and cool downs.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by CatzDtroll
    No im not saying that... Just dunno how to put it. I meant that he needs to reach the hit cap, cuz its important.
    Not that he misses 50% of his attacks if he has 50% oh the hit cap rating. You dont have to act like a dick.
    "you have half of the hit cap which probably reduces your dps by half"
    "that's not how it works"
    "Well if u miss half the time, you do half the dmg you could do if u werent missing."
    "Are you saying you 50% of your attacks miss when you're 4% short of the hit cap?"
    "No im not saying that don't act like a dick"

Kay. Flames are certainly an effective substitution for knowing what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Doyouseeme
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...h&n=Lathatdark

I can do 3.5 k dps in heroics and our gear is pretty equal all in all, I see you respecced to Unholy, I'm not sure thats going to help a lot.

Practice your rotations and cool downs.
    You have better wep, and in heroics you hit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    You have better wep, and in heroics you hit more.
    And I don't have raid buffs.......10 mans I'm over 4k always

Quote Originally Posted by Ainell
    Even if you have absolutely NO +hit on your gear, you will not miss half the time... unless you're doing totc10 as level 70something? :P (And I'm fairly certain that's impossible.)
    Ability 1: 3000 / hit
    Ability 2: 1500 / hit
    Ability 3: 1000 / hit + 1000 Damage over time.

Rotation: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3.

Execution - 100% Hit: 3000, 3000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 1000 (1000, 1000). => 13,000 Damage
    Meaning each and every ability hits all of the time.
    Execution - 50% Hit : 3000, Miss, 1500, Miss, 1000, Miss (1000, -) => 6,500 Damage.
    Meaning half of the time your abilities will miss.

Of course, this is the average value and RNG might alter the outcome. Theoretically, however, 50% miss means you lose 50% of your total damage, assuming each of your damage sources can miss.

And practically, if you have 50% miss, 50% of your attacks will miss. It's that simple.

That's why +hit is one of the most valuable stats.

Except hit cap is like 17% and not 50%.

Nice try but the base melee miss chance against bosses is 8%.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

L2gear, spec, glyph and rotate. best of luck ^^ (aint sarcastic, i know how hard learning to play a game is)

I'm well aware of hit caps. I just wanted to state that we're all playing a game where mathematics count. In other words, as 50% miss means 50% dmg loss, 8% miss means 8% dmg loss.

If he has half of the hit it needs to be capped, it will cost him roughly 4% damage, of course.

I also heard that having a name that refers to Pokemon also reduces DPS by a futher 25% aswell as granting yourself a passive -50% healing received.
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    If they do incorporate Worgen and Goblins as playable races it will be the last straw. I've let my children play this (somewhat evil) game in my Christian household for long enough. These changes will bring a whole new level of evil and Satanism that I can't stand by and let my kids experience. I will be cancelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    IT is range
    what does that have to do with anything? It's the only way to apply your frost fever disease. Just because it's ranged doesn't mean you can't use it in melee range

Deleted

It has some bearing on the first rotation, as you can use IT before any other ability.

Optimal first rotation almost always starts with IT.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by XFuzzypeachX
    My question is how did u get into ToC 10 with such terrible gear?
    oh cmon at least run H ToC 5 times to get edge of ruin then do ToC 10 i man that we p is utter crap
    Do you have anything useful to contribute or are you just going to be a douche all day?

In answer to the post, the blood rotation should be IT-PS-HS-HS-DS-DC (runic dump) then followed up with DS-HS-HS-HS-HS-DC (runic dump). As for glyphs I prefer Dark Death, Death Strike and Disease (Disease is for soloing so it's optional ;P), and pretty much gem for Strength instead of AP, for Death Knights I believe Strength scales into 1.5 AP (I THINK!!!) for every 1 point of Strength.

I would also put another point into Epidemic to boost the disease duration which is pretty much a must for that Blood rotation, also for blue gem sockets look for the epic gems on the AH which fit different colour sockets (like purple/green gems). Obviously the hit cap is important to hit first, it's 9% for us so I'd aim for that first through gear choices/enchants.

Finally (and this bit is vital) ignore tools like this;

Your weapon is garbage
    Your gear is garbage
    The people who let you raid 10m toc are garbage
    oh cmon at least run H ToC 5 times to get edge of ruin then do ToC 10 i man that we p is utter crap
    tbh, i can get that much dps, by smacking my dick against the keyboard
    I mean, I realise we are lesser because we weren't born with our epics, or able to pull 12k dps in a raid, or have some form of magic that allows our dicks to grow an inch every time we go up a dps point, but we can still endeavour to do better. Good luck gearing up your character mate, and have fun (it's what games are made for).

Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

use a unholy build until you get good gear imo.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Keyboard Turner
    15+ Year Old Account

Overgeared for normal toc10. do 25mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram

Optimal first rotation almost always starts with IT.
    with only 1 point in epidemic that is not true. An optimal rotation starts with death strike. l2count